Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

yensidtlaw1969

These new turrets look like they could have been popped off Cinderella Castle. Much better than the still-kinda-weird Castle Walls in New Fantasyland -- there's a level of cartooniness to those in design and execution that doesn't match. They're too contemporary.

SpaceMountain75

I like the New Fantasyland castle walls. I think they give the new land a great reveal.
Image 11.jpg

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
All were waiting on now is for Disney Parks blog should put up a post in a few days to inform us that the turrets are done- oh wait, they did that already two weeks ago?

Hey now, let's keep it civil... It's not their fault no one from the Parks Blog has been to the parks since orientation.

Judging from a couple Instagram pictures, they aren't up today.

Side note - it's a bit concerning how many people think the castle in Disneyland is Cinderella's castle, and the WDW castle is Sleeping Beauty's.

There is more than one?!?!?
:)

rnese

Two things:

First...those light posts look sweet!;)

And second...and more importantly...where will the Cinderella themed restrooms be?;)

Two things:

First...those light posts look sweet!;)

And second...and more importantly...where will the Cinderella themed restrooms be?;)
I don't know what I was thinking, but based on the pics from 'damouse' I figured there would've been more done around Partners by now. Again, I don't know what I was thinking, I should know better by now, but if those pics are recent, they look to be where they were a week ago if not longer. Just about one more month to go before the 4th and the true start to the holiday season for MK. Now that they've moved the walls back further as the concrete begins to be poured, there's even less room than there had been a month ago. Let's go guys.

hpyhnt 1000

andysol

These new towers really do make the castle's footprint appear larger and I'm afraid it's going to really overwhelm the view at the end of Main Street even more now.

I actually prefer the overwhelming view of the castle from the end of Main Street. I know some loved the huge trees down main street and in the Hub that blocked the castle- then, once you get closer, the castle is the entrance to Fantasyland.

But for me, I walk through the gates, I go under the train, I walk by the flag pole- but when I get to the edge of main street, and see that giant castle staring back at me- I say to myself "Finally- I'm here!"

It's just the difference between some liking a park-like atmosphere and some liking the majestic castle being the centerpiece of the park from as soon as you round the corner.

Nothing inherently wrong with either viewpoint- but I, for one, am in the latter.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom