Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

Mawg

I'm far from a germaphobe, but I will not be lying down on the 'turf anymore than I would Main St. or the sidewalks like some of those pictured. Sit? Probably.

People are funny. They'll sit and lay down on the "grass" just like a cat will sit on a piece of paper or magazine in the middle of the floor. Also known as a cat trap. :D

xhow-to-trap-your-cat.jpg.pagespeed.ic.F47pKQDfor.jpg
people laying in the grass and rolling around without their shoes on does not bother me, but that octagon missing a side sure does, get it away from me, fix it!!!

Goofyernmost

I see nothing wrong with them relaxing shoes or no shoes in the grass... it adds the real feel of the hub...
gives it a feeling as if it were some park in a town somewhere... i like it..
I actually could not possible care any less whether or not someone takes their shoes off for a few minutes to give the dogs a break after a day of walking and standing. Even if I wouldn't do it, I cannot, for the life of me, figure out why I would be concerned if someone else did. Seems like if there any side effects, which I sincerely doubt, it would be their problem and not mine. So why would I even have an opinion. You want to take your shoes off on the faux grass, or lie down and rest the weary bones, why not.

Bolt

Photo update as of Friday, March 6. A larger photo of the Partner's statue, which appeared today when the construction walls were removed.

View attachment 85763

Landscaping is largely completed in the two areas behind low construction walls in the hub. Below is a photo of the landscaping. Note the lighting fixtures are a different shape, with no speakers on the poles.

View attachment 85767
Walls are down on the planter on the left today.

TTA94

Two questions, Are the new tower lights in the hub eventually going along the rest of the parade route? And is there future plans to update the green light posts in Town Square and MS to match the hub?

cjk0318

Two questions, Are the new tower lights in the hub eventually going along the rest of the parade route? And is there future plans to update the green light posts in Town Square and MS to match the hub?
To both questions: What you see is what you get.

betty rose

If the fake grass was installed properly, and I'm sure it was, it is able to drain a lot of water. So it won't be germs if cleaned properly, and rained on a ton in the Summer. I'm bringing a pillow in April to take a nap. Get over it.
Make sure it's water proof...you know what they say "April showers, bring May flowers":)

Skibum1970

I have a couple questions. So, I can see that they are building the turrets and doing something in the center but else is left to do? Anything beyond those two pieces? Also, will they open the path that goes beneath the castle to connect to Fantasyland? I hate admitting this but I can't remember if that was ever a path or not. When I went to Disneyland a couple years ago, I loved being able to walk straight through the castle. It was a quick way to get to Fantasyland and was also very enjoyable.

Clamman73

I have a couple questions. So, I can see that they are building the turrets and doing something in the center but else is left to do? Anything beyond those two pieces? Also, will they open the path that goes beneath the castle to connect to Fantasyland? I hate admitting this but I can't remember if that was ever a path or not. When I went to Disneyland a couple years ago, I loved being able to walk straight through the castle. It was a quick way to get to Fantasyland and was also very enjoyable.
Still these pathways to do.
stilltodohub3-8-15.jpeg

MissingDisney

Make sure it's water proof...you know what they say "April showers, bring May flowers":)
Not in Florida! April is one of the lowest rain but sunniest months! That's why everyone flocks there for Spring Break! It's truly on of the BEST months! Now June, July, Aug.....rain, rain, go away...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom