Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

Cesar R M

Have you ever tried to move a bloomin' tree? ;)
Seriously though, if the tree had already developed flowers or large buds, most of them would have been knocked off with the transport & install. This way when the trees bloom the flowers will be around much longer.
not to mention that already blooming trees will probably have very deep and developed roots.

Next Big Thing

:rolleyes:

another moron.. wow..

"ohh man, he has a bad opinion.. let's all go on him.. he must be a hateful doom and gloomer! "
Ah, going with the "no response, response".

People complain because of lowered standards, but they are doing what is routine maintenance here and you complain. If you are going to submit an opinion like that, at least give a reasoning or else you look foolish.

Monorail_Red_77

And is it just the angle, or is the crane gone too!?!?!

From the looks of the pic shown. It seems that it is just the angle of the picture. The black line on the right hand side of the castle that goes from the top of the pic to right above the dudes head in the yellow shirt is the crane cable that lifts the basket that the workers get into. It looks to me that it is lowered to the ground to allow the workers to enter or exit the basket. Also notice the white ball is the weight right above the end of the cable where the basket attaches. From the angle of the pic the crane appears to be roughly to the left of partners statue directly behind the castle.

jlthomas81

From the looks of the pic shown. It seems that it is just the angle of the picture. The black line on the right hand side of the castle that goes from the top of the pic to right above the dudes head in the yellow shirt is the crane cable that lifts the basket that the workers get into. It looks to me that it is lowered to the ground to allow the workers to enter or exit the basket. Also notice the white ball is the weight right above the end of the cable where the basket attaches. From the angle of the pic the crane appears to be roughly to the left of partners statue directly behind the castle.

Wow, I was not looking that closely at all, but you are definitely right :( It is supposed to be leaving any time now i thought....

Cesar R M

Would you rather a horrible scrim for a few month or a deteriorated, non-maintained building facade? Either way it seems you'd likely complain...
stop trying to put words in my mouth, I never said that.

I lost all respect for you when you had to use such tactics to prove your point.

Cesar R M

Ah, going with the "no response, response".

People complain because of lowered standards, but they are doing what is routine maintenance here and you complain. If you are going to submit an opinion like that, at least give a reasoning or else you look foolish.
If they were doing the maintenance like they did years ago (aka working at night to prevent the stuff from falling apart) they wouldn't need to make these very long refurbishments.

Take an example of Splash Mountain or the current state of Pirates, both were falling apart.
They needed very lengthy renovations to take them up to what they were.
Which would have been preventable if they had constant proper maintenance than the "meh, its good enough".

there is one thing that Im glad now.

That they are FINALLY PUTTING EFFORT into fixing a lot of broken things from the parks. they really deserved the maintenance and repairs of now.

Me for example, I was very happy to see the new Harambe theatre in person. Looks amazing and very well themed.

(edit)
also forgot the removal of the hat at DHS.

Last edited:

wogwog

Had a meeting at MK this morning. The crane is still there. The person I had the meeting with thinks it has 3 or 4 more days of work to do.

By the way the brand new fencing around the flower beds nearest the Castle in the center part of the Hub are already suffering from massive paint peeling and looks terrible in person. Also I do not know why but half of the new fake grass section in front of Crystal Palace was all roped off this morning. I could not see any obvious work being done in the area though.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
yes I am, you're using the skewed opinion of someone who PUT words in my mouth (aka things I never said) to base your opinion... worse when you seem to put them as fact.

It certainly seems that you are in the Doom & Gloom crowd, and from your postings, you don't seem to think that Disney is doing anything right nowadays. If I'm wrong, then I apologize as I can only go by what you have actually written.

Please tell me what words were put into your mouth by someone else??

Thanks for keeping wdwmagic a nice place to visit. Maybe a more reasoned response other than name calling would go a lot farther.

Cesar R M

It certainly seems that you are in the Doom & Gloom crowd, and from your postings, you don't seem to think that Disney is doing anything right nowadays. If I'm wrong, then I apologize as I can only go by what you have actually written.

Please tell me what words were put into your mouth by someone else??

Thanks for keeping wdwmagic a nice place to visit. Maybe a more reasoned response other than name calling would go a lot farther.
the part where he implies that I would prefer a falling down building.

(not to mention the nitpicking, claiming I only do negative posts.
This person thinks he knows me, when he doesn't)

I honestly would just put him on ignore if he keeps going personal.
Nothing to lose.

But a person's reputation is something I take seriously. (edited for clarity)

Next Big Thing

the part where he implies that I would prefer a falling down building.

(not to mention the nitpicking, claiming I only do negative posts.
This person thinks he knows me, when he doesn't)

I honestly would just put him on ignore if he keeps going personal.
Nothing to lose.

But a person's reputation is something I take seriously. (edited for clarity)
If you're referring to me, I'd prefer you ignore me, personally. After this post, you'll be on my ignore so I don't have to see these child-like posts anymore.

midwest_mice

Maybe I'm late in the conversation, but with the artificial grass, I can see a few problems: even though gum isn't sold at Disney, it's still brought in, once the summer months come, i can see some sticky messes getting ground into the turf. When summer hits, that turf is more than likely going to be scorching hot, that during the day, people won't sit on it much, at least not in the shaded area.
Hope i'm wrong on both of these perspectives.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom