Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

Sage of Time

New Hub looks good. So nice to have less walls down in the MK. Saw the results this weekend and my only complaint are the unthemed light poles. I have to assume they'll theme those eventually. The current ones are covered in wires and tech ports and just look to be a right mess.

Also- all those new trees planted are not in bloom and quite bare. Rare for Florida. Why didn't Disney just plant already blooming trees?!

THAT's the biggest thing and the place where DL excels. With its FP+ reservations and DDP times, WDW feels more rushed and stressful than ever before. DL has a much more relaxed atmosphere. Maybe it's the California mentality or the fact that nothing needs to be booked two to six months in advance.
Agreed, but only if you let it. I spent the weekend in WDW and had a very relaxing time, despite having a few FPs booked, here and there.

note2001

New Hub looks good. So nice to have less walls down in the MK. Saw the results this weekend and my only complaint are the unthemed light poles. I have to assume they'll theme those eventually. The current ones are covered in wires and tech ports and just look to be a right mess.

Also- all those new trees planted are not in bloom and quite bare. Rare for Florida. Why didn't Disney just plant already blooming trees?!

Have you ever tried to move a bloomin' tree? ;)
Seriously though, if the tree had already developed flowers or large buds, most of them would have been knocked off with the transport & install. This way when the trees bloom the flowers will be around much longer.

dstrawn9889

Agreed, but only if you let it. I spent the weekend in WDW and had a very relaxing time, despite having a few FPs booked, here and there.
trees that are transplanted, especially older trees, do better when transplanted dormant (less stress) they are more likely to survive the uprooting and movement that way.

Sage of Time

Have you ever tried to move a bloomin tree? ;)
Seriously though, if the tree had already developed flowers or large buds, most of them would have been knocked off with the transport & install. This way when the trees bloom the flowers will be around much longer.

trees that are transplanted, especially older trees, do better when transplanted dormant (less stress) they are more likely to survive the uprooting and movement that way.

Ahhh, interesting. thanks, guys.

Hope they bloom, soon!

BernardandBianca

But they ripped out the benches. Want a place to sit now? Order something to get a chair. Then they ripped out the tree canopy robbing the park of so much "relaxing" shade. Want relief from the sun? Head into the stores or dining establishments of course.

More sad news for those of us being more life-experienced. We were at Epcot yesterday to see the F&G, and noticed that all but one of the benches in the U.K. have been removed, as have all of the benches along the walkway from International Gateway to the bridge. They really do not want anyone sitting down. (And interestingly, those benches that are left in World Showcase seem to all be in the sun during the afternoon, without any shade to cool off.)

note2001

More sad news for those of us being more life-experienced. We were at Epcot yesterday to see the F&G, and noticed that all but one of the benches in the U.K. have been removed, as have all of the benches along the walkway from International Gateway to the bridge. They really do not want anyone sitting down. (And interestingly, those benches that are left in World Showcase seem to all be in the sun during the afternoon, without any shade to cool off.)
That's not as sad as it is shocking. As I age, and the knees I wrecked when I was 21 are coming back to haunt me, I'm learning to appreciate grabbing a moment to sit in the shade (particularly since we vacation in July/August). It seems to be getting harder to find both places for a quick water jug refill and bench to rest for a minute.

I'm guessing their nursing station will be a bit busier if they don't bring the shaded benches back by summer.

flyerjab

image.jpg
Don't know if this has already been reported, but the walls around the Partners Statue are down. Some of the landscaping is also done there.

Rose&Crowner

---the same way there were walls around the parade route on the southern end of the hub

Good guess but nope, there were exising sidewalks there where they were able to put the walls as they tore down/reconstructed and still allowed people to walk by.. Here they'll have to wall off the "road" far enough into the existing portion to make the new outer circle paths. When parade time hits, there will be no stopping there I'm sure.

Monorail_Red_77

Yes. They should be up for some time. They have to add the outer ring to this section, as well as several new castle turrets that sit apart from the actual castle. All of tha new landscaping also needs to be done. The sad part is I assume the rose garden path will go away.

Wish they could incorporate the Rose Garden into the new hub somehow without getting rid of it completely.

Cesar R M

Would you rather a horrible scrim for a few month or a deteriorated, non-maintained building facade? Either way it seems you'd likely complain...
:rolleyes:

You'll have to forgive him, as nothing Disney does is right by him. I don't even know why he goes at all, since the place is so bad to him.
another moron.. wow..

"ohh man, he has a bad opinion.. let's all go on him.. he must be a hateful doom and gloomer! "

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom