wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
PHOTOS - After-dark in the new Main Street Plaza Gardens at the Magic Kingdom

DSC02654.jpg

Last edited:

PREMiERdrum

For what it's worth, Field Turf (and fake grasses of similar construction) are much cooler in the sun than the Astroturfs of yesteryear. Drainage is usually better too.

Shoot. The drainage systems installed under today's fieldtruf does a far better job quickly clearing rainwater than natural grass and nearly as quickly as a smooth surface with drains, but with the added benefit of foot traction from the turf.

GetAPaperBag

The official Disney post of Facebook about it mentions parade viewing as well as fireworks viewing. Is this new area for both? I thought it was just for fireworks.

TheRabbit

Shoot. The drainage systems installed under today's fieldtruf does a far better job quickly clearing rainwater than natural grass and nearly as quickly as a smooth surface with drains, but with the added benefit of foot traction from the turf.
That is what I am interested in seeing, the drainage when we get those huge summer storms. No doubt it will drain, just wondering how quickly and how slippery the turf may get when wet.

Last edited:

COProgressFan

I take offense to this as a Custodial CM. We do the best we can and the parks would be pig stye if we didn't have the proper procedures in place that we currently do.

MK is the most attended park in the world, not everything is going to be gotten to immediately, but we do our absolute best to make sure we attend to everything in a timely manner and keep the park looking show ready.

Thanks for all your hard work. Custodial is a tough, thankless job.

I think the issues have very little to do with the individual custodial cast members, who I'm sure do their best work. The problems are management issues. The bottom line is, are the enough custodial CM's on a given shift to accommodate the crowds? Disney is always looking to cut labor. Having a smaller custodial staff means there just isn't enough help to go around to keep bathrooms clean and trash cans from overflowing. These issues seem to be particularly prevalent at the MK, by far the busiest park. And it is also clear that overnight maintenance and deep cleaning is not being done like it used to. This is evidenced by the filth that can be seen on doors, or the layers of dust which exist on some fixtures.

Nobody is expecting perfection. But when several restrooms are in terrible shape, and there's nowhere to dump your trash after eating lunch, it's certainly indicative of a staffing problem.

Much like nearly all of the problems with WDW these days, the problem goes right to the top. If you were making the staffing decisions, I'm sure you would gladly welcome the extra help. The vast majority front line CMs do their best to provide great services IN SPITE OF the lack of respect from management and numerous roadblocks that are put in their way.

Again, your work is appreciated!

Makamah

While the grass area looks great whst is up with the giant poles in your view from every angle now?

So much for the picturesque castle photos of the past. Now all have these stadium like lights right in front

Also miss the most. Loved looking across the moat to the castle in the distance

Kman101

Thanks for all your hard work. Custodial is a tough, thankless job.

I think the issues have very little to do with the individual custodial cast members, who I'm sure do their best work. The problems are management issues. The bottom line is, are the enough custodial CM's on a given shift to accommodate the crowds? Disney is always looking to cut labor. Having a smaller custodial staff means there just isn't enough help to go around to keep bathrooms clean and trash cans from overflowing. These issues seem to be particularly prevalent at the MK, by far the busiest park. And it is also clear that overnight maintenance and deep cleaning is not being done like it used to. This is evidenced by the filth that can be seen on doors, or the layers of dust which exist on some fixtures.

Nobody is expecting perfection. But when several restrooms are in terrible shape, and there's nowhere to dump your trash after eating lunch, it's certainly indicative of a staffing problem.

Much like nearly all of the problems with WDW these days, the problem goes right to the top. If you were making the staffing decisions, I'm sure you would gladly welcome the extra help. The vast majority front line CMs do their best to provide great services IN SPITE OF the lack of respect from management and numerous roadblocks that are put in their way.

Again, your work is appreciated!

To be fair, a few months ago I saw custodial cast members tripping over each other. There were many together and often looking for things to clean up. I've also noticed cast members quick to clear tables, wipe them down and empty trash. And, to be fair again, it was what I would consider a "slow" day.

I'm sure they have staffing issues, just stating what I personally saw.

betty rose

To be fair, a few months ago I saw custodial cast members tripping over each other. There were many together and often looking for things to clean up. I've also noticed cast members quick to clear tables, wipe them down and empty trash. And, to be fair again, it was what I would consider a "slow" day.

I'm sure they have staffing issues, just stating what I personally saw.
I wish someone could do something about the women's restrooms . Make people clean up after themselves, it's the customer that is showing no respect to those facilities, and making them much less clean. I would hate to see what some people's home bathrooms look like. ;)

Prince Thomas

Hi!
Welcome to our neighborhood. I see you moved in a couple of months ago. Maybe you have visited a bunch of times before you moved in, but it is hard to tell. As you continue to get to know us you will find out that there a lot of different personalities here. Some of them can be grating, but most of us are nice. Even some of the nice ones can get a little aggressive if a new neighbor moves in and acts like he owns the place and demands respect he hasn't earned.
I will be there next weekend Mar 7th at MK and plan on taking many pics and videos. As usual. Will try best to share during or soon after.
Ill be there too on March 7...its my bday!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom