Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

Grumpy1973

I would suppose the planter near the Plaza restaurant was removed for construction equipment. Now that most of the construction is done, they can re-install the planter.
I agree, they likely made it a little smaller and moved it a little towards noodle station to get it away from the "alternate exit" gates.. I'm actually surprised they put it back myself, nice touch

Victor Kelly

I think Disney has been reading the defoliation complaints on a lot of Disney boards. That, and it makes sense to plant a tree there as it does not block any view of the castle, and will provide much needed shade since Noddle Station is always shut down and locked down. Pity really.

I will also say that I was not for the destruction and change of the Hub. I never like changes to a place I have known practically since birth. But it will ease congestion, they are doing a very good job on the changes. The logical point is that the changes were needed due to historical congestion, and elevated crowd capacity due to FLE, the night time entertainment, daytime parades, and generally, now, out of date landscaping and crowd areas.

tirian

As I've said many times, the hub expansion was needed and is being handled well. The MK should end up with the most beautiful hub worldwide after this.

I'm curious to know whether or not Iger & Co. were alerted to the massive problems the MK area had on the day of his visit. About 7 attractions went down, the monorail malfunctioned, and a sewage line at the Poly burst.

note2001

Doesn't the monorail go down basically every day? That's hardly newsworthy anymore.
No, that's the "T" (Boston subway system) you're thinking of, and lately it's been all day.
The monorail simply has "hold" and "offline", they never say "down".
But he most likely wasn't told about it. ;)

Unless he's the type of guy who wants lists of these things given to him every day (and he might be), you're probably right. My bet is there is an unwritten don't ask / don't tell policy among the managers.

lobelia

The design of the bridges are beautiful. I also love the new brass handrails and "iron" work. I would like to see the lighting in person and while the lights are part of the bigger picture. They seem out of perspective to me with a large glass globe. I will now and forever more be bothered by the parade lighting since I saw the posts here. I probably would have never noticed it in person.

216bruce

Professional sports… Specifically professional football… It's a giant pain. People tend to think it's fantastic because you are right there… there so many hoops to jump through.
Couldn't agree more. Yeah, real glorious way to make a living. Running through cables, dodging players, coaches, egos...Same with the NBA.

PhotoDave219

No, that's the "T" (Boston subway system) you're thinking of, and lately it's been all day.
The monorail simply has "hold" and "offline", they never say "down".

Unless he's the type of guy who wants lists of these things given to him every day (and he might be), you're probably right. My bet is there is an unwritten don't ask / don't tell policy among the managers.
Well the metro in Washington DC keeps catching fire…

The overall observation is that accidents keep happening because of ignored maintenance and upgrades infrastructure…

WDWLover#1

Are those new parade poles carrying updated light effects. I was thinking of the rumour a while back where they're going to have the parade lighting synchronised with the floats. For example if FoF was running at night when maleficient comes the lighting would change to purple. Or is it just the same floodlights?

cjk0318

Are those new parade poles carrying updated light effects. I was thinking of the rumour a while back where they're going to have the parade lighting synchronised with the floats. For example if FoF was running at night when maleficient comes the lighting would change to purple. Or is it just the same floodlights?
Same flood lights, and the stuff on top are the sensors for the Glow with The Show items.

PREMiERdrum

The existing Castle Forecourt Stage has 4 telescopic lighting towers. It couldn't be that hard to extend the idea around the hub.

I could be wrong, but in the scale of the overall projec

I thought the rumor was that the lighting instruments themselves, inside the globes of the pole lamps, were LED fixtures that would change color and work in conjunction with the nighttime events.

erwinalber4

Well I saw it yesterday in person. Does anyone happen to know what these strange wooden structures with branches and
leaf looking things are? I've seen them elsewhere before but in the Hub? :eek: Anyways in all seriousness, it looks great so far. Not really anything that hasn't been posted but here's the Crystal Palace side as of yesterday.
2015-02-14 15.41.25.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom