Main street electrical parade return

BasiltheBatLord

It's so entertaining to me how Florida seems to hate this parade and think that it's way past its time while California seems to love it and has super nostalgic feelings about it.

brb1006

It's so entertaining to me how Florida seems to hate this parade and think that it's way past its time while California seems to love it and has super nostalgic feelings about it.
The major reason for why MSEP has been getting a lot of hate from WDW fans has to be due with MSEP returning back in the Summer of 2010 and was supposed to only be at MK for that Summer and Spectromagic to return after MSEP is done for that summer. However MSEP stayed much longer than expected till October 2016. As a result, Spectro eventually got destroyed and sent to a landfill.

tldr: WDW fans still hadn't recovered from Spectromagic never returning since MSEP was kept longer. Which is why most people dread for MSEP ever coming back to WDW. And Spectromagic fitted the night atmosphere of WDW like a glove.

Last edited:

BasiltheBatLord

The major reason for why MSEP has been getting a lot of hate from WDW fans has to be due with MSEP returning back in the Summer of 2010 and was supposed to only be at MK for that Summer and Spectromagic to return after MSEP is done for that summer. However MSEP stayed much longer than expected till October 2016. As a result, Spectro eventually got destroyed and sent to a landfill.

tldr: WDW fans still hadn't recovered from Spectromagic never returning since MSEP was kept longer. Which is why most people held a crude for MSEP ever coming back to WDW. And Spectromagic fitted the night atmosphere of WDW like a glove.
Oh I'm completely with you, Spectro was the best parade I've ever seen at a Disney Park. I consider myself much more of a DL fan than a WDW fan but I think MSEP has outlived its welcome for several decades.

trainplane3

Hey maybe if WDW gets MSEP back, they'll just Spectro it. I really feel it doesn't belong in WDW.

Truthfully, not hating on MSEP. It belongs in DLR where people enjoy and respect it. I enjoyed Spectro a lot. I didn't get anywhere as much enjoyment out of MSEP. No idea why since it is the same "basic" idea.

brb1006

Oh I'm completely with you, Spectro was the best parade I've ever seen at a Disney Park. I consider myself much more of a DL fan than a WDW fan but I think MSEP has outlived its welcome for several decades.
It's already starring to show its age now that Dreamlights is existing.

brb1006

Hey maybe if WDW gets MSEP back, they'll just Spectro it. I really feel it doesn't belong in WDW.

Truthfully, not hating on MSEP. It belongs in DLR where people enjoy and respect it. I enjoyed Spectro a lot. I didn't get anywhere as much enjoyment out of MSEP. No idea why since it is the same "basic" idea.
Maybe because Spectro compared to MSEP has creative and beautiful looking floats and felt longer compared to MSEP.

doctornick

I don't believe this rumor, but really wouldn't be all that surprised if it did come to pass. I could see TDO not willing to build a new parade until the 50th, but being happy to incur the lesser expense of shipping MSEP back east again.

That said, I actually think that if there is going to be a new parade built for WDW, the priority should be a quality daytime parade for DHS. That park really needs it.

thundermtnGOAT

At this point it wouldn't surprise me at all if MSEP does return. Maybe it might even be slightly different than what we've seen before. Just throwing this out there, but isn't TDR getting rid of a couple Dreamlights floats this month? Not to mention they may have 1 or 2 old floats sitting around over there.

Hmmmmmm.

Last edited:

SweetDuffy101

At this point it wouldn't surprise me at all if MSEP does return. Maybe it might even be slightly different than what we've seen before. Just throwing this out there, but isn't TDR getting rid of a couple Dreamlights floats this month?

Hmmmmmm.

Yes they are, and it will debut on July 11 and a preview the day before. only 2 floats are left untouched since 2001 The drum float and the Cheshire cat float. in exchange 5 new floats will debut and 4th time Dreamlights had a renewal.

brb1006

I loved MSEP. When they dumbed down Baroque Hoedown they ruined 1/2 the magic.

Spectro is the best. I have zero faith that WDW can do better.
I agree, the current music for MSEP fitted much better at Tokyo compared to it's use for the original floats that inspired the Dreamlights parade.

brb1006

At this point it wouldn't surprise me at all if MSEP does return. Maybe it might even be slightly different than what we've seen before. Just throwing this out there, but isn't TDR getting rid of a couple Dreamlights floats this month? Not to mention they may have 1 or 2 old floats sitting around over there.

Hmmmmmm.
What about the "Glowing Away" merch WDW sold last Summer and Fall?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom