Main street electrical parade return

THEMEPARKPIONEER

They did such a a darn good job on Spectromagic that everyone is hating on the origional because no replacement gets that much love any more. Just look at the scrutiny the newer attractions get.

jrhwdw

They did such a a darn good job on Spectromagic that everyone is hating on the origional because no replacement gets that much love any more. Just look at the scrutiny the newer attractions get.
You mean WDW right? Fanti and Dreamlights are worthy successors to TDEP. I'm starting to wonder how long it will be before Dreamlights' replacement! Will Fantasmic! at TDS be replaced before this?

I'm sorry but, Fanti should have gone much longer in apark other than DLP! Fanti was better than just being used for Summer and Christmas!

brb1006

You mean WDW right? Fanti and Dreamlights are worthy successors to TDEP. I'm starting to wonder how long it will be befre Dreamlights' replacement!

I'm sorry but, Fanti should have gone much longer in apark other than DLP! Fanti was better than just being used for Summer and Christmas!
Fantillusion was better at Tokyo where it was first at since the parade was much longer and had more floats which were removed when it went to Paris.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

I don't thing anyone is hating on MSEP,

It's the fact that MSEP while it was at WDW got no love from TDO and it was allowed to deteriorate into a shell of itself, Look at how much BETTER MSEP looks after DL gave it a quick once over replaced the lights and fixed the effects

I long for the days of 'Baroque Hoedown' and the Spectromen, I think the nighttime parade at WDW is dead and gone..

brb1006

It's the fact that MSEP while it was at WDW got no love from TDO and it was allowed to deteriorate into a shell of itself, Look at how much BETTER MSEP looks after DL gave it a quick once over replaced the lights and fixed the effects

I long for the days of 'Baroque Hoedown' and the Spectromen, I think the nighttime parade at WDW is dead and gone..
I really miss the Spectromen, they were very unique characters.

jrhwdw

And took Pixe Dust Trail away! IDK why since it's still in the Soundtrack., and I think it gave MSEP new life back in 2009.

InsideDisney

Paint the night is coming back to DL. This will be announced at the D23 expo but seems like the mainstreet electrical parade is coming back to WDW.

21stamps

It's so entertaining to me how Florida seems to hate this parade and think that it's way past its time while California seems to love it and has super nostalgic feelings about it.

I still have nostalgic feelings from childhood at MK! One of my first memories of Disney World.

rodserling27

Well said. And yes, I agree it definitely looks much better with just a tiny bit of effort. The evening parade tradition at MK may be dead for now I hope...it can't be forever. Can it? Yikes, i said the same thing about 20k Leagues when I was only 10...why would I think any better of WDW now at 30?? :p

And took Pixe Dust Trail away! IDK why since it's still in the Soundtrack., and I think it gave MSEP new life back in 2009.
Pixie Dust trail was cool...but only when Tink was the leader! Why did they move her back to the Peter Pan section? Silly. It felt weird when I saw it in June.
I wish they remove the pixie trial sound effect for the Drum float which is still playing despite being removed.
Agreed 100%. It's fine to keep the trail on the Tink float, since, well, it has pixie dust still on it; but the sound effects are woefully out of place with the train and bass drum floats.

thundermtnGOAT

I might be in the minority here but I think most of the changes Disneyland made to MSEP were not good. The parade has never started with the train. It was always led by a fairy, so if they respect the tradition of the parade so much I don't understand why they did that, and removed the pixie dust trails, when Disneyland was the one that built the Tinker Bell float and put the trails on in the first place! Also, I was excited to see the drum changed back to its original look, but I gotta say now I think it looks really bad the way they did it. They should have kept the LED writing, just changed the text.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

I wish they remove the pixie trial sound effect for the Drum float which is still playing despite being removed.
They should do that and use my enterance music and underliner I whipped up on the keyboard. closer to the origional but comparable with the newer music turnout the parade. Smartphone speakers do it no justice.

doctornick

It's so entertaining to me how Florida seems to hate this parade and think that it's way past its time while California seems to love it and has super nostalgic feelings about it.

I'm not sure this board is really a representative sample of WDW park goers. It definitely skews more locals and/or frequent park goers who have (I suspect) gotten bored with MSEP over the years more than your less frequent WDW guests that might have more nostalgia for MSEP.

Actually, given the praise that Spectro always gets, it makes me wonder... does @lentesta or anyone else have any idea of historical guest satisfaction numbers for Spectro versus MSEP at WDW? I'd be curious of the overwhelming preference here for Spectro tends to be borne out among the greater quantity of guests.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom