Main street electrical parade return

brb1006

ASE2XO.gif

EvilChameleon

Actually, what they should do is the following...

Once the run at Disneyland is done, hide it away in a protected area.
Then, once the 50th anniversary of the parade is upon us, announce that the parade will be parading across the entirety of Interstate 10.
Once the parade hits Jacksonville, send it South to the Magic Kingdom, directly towards the Seven Seas Lagoon, and sink it, never to be seen again.

InsideDisney

Looks like the msep will return until WDW will have their own parade seems like they have plans for a new one already.

Last edited:

francism

I think the reason that this "rumor" along with the Paint the Night rumor keeps popping up is because people are desperate to get a nighttime parade back at the Magic Kingdom. Certain personalities know this and keeping pushing out these, "A little bird hinted to me" type stories and fans frantically click the links to articles that really don't tell us anything.

The timing of this doesn't make a whole lot of sense either. At least when the Paint the Night rumors started, there was a hint that they would be running the parade during the summer. With the MSEP, there's no way they could do that. There's also the fact that at the end of August through just before Christmas in December, the Magic Kingdom starts running nighttime parades again a few nights a week. They just happen to be taking place during ticketed events only during the Halloween and Christmas parties. Disney obviously feels that they can get people to pay to go the parties and then also attract them back for a second night at the MK with Happily Ever After fireworks. Helps sell park hoppers too.

I'm guessing they are thrilled with the crowds they are getting for Happily Ever after too. Main Street, especially once you get near the Partners Statue, is a mob scene once you get close to the start time of the show. Since you need to be in front of the castle to see the projections, everyone is more apt to crowd in front instead of taking in the show from other parts of the park. I've been a sardine a couple of times now and would be much more content staking out a parade spot in Frontierland or watching the fireworks from behind the castle than deal with that mob again.

Disney must be pleased, though. They spent years reworking the hub to accommodate more people and upgraded their projection systems at the same time. I don't remember any real chatter of a Wishes replacement right up until they announced the new show. Not only was there the surprise factor, but the show has been positively reviewed and considered a hit. Even with the extra space they generated, Main Street and the Hub are packed with people every night. If you were in charge of nighttime entertainment, would you believe you needed a parade right now to bring more people to the park?

If we're lucky, maybe Disney will have a surprise up their sleeves like they did with Happily Ever After and have a nighttime parade for the MK in the Spring. Maybe by then they will feel they need for some more entertainment to draw people in. If we're Powerball winner lucky, maybe after the New Year when the party season is over. But anyone pushing rumors that the MK is going to get a parade from California is either just posting wishful thinking or is trying to generate clicks at this point. It just doesn't make sense.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom