Main Street Bakery to Serve Starbucks Coffee

mm52200

It's hard to tell from the concept art, but please tell me that they plan on expanding the seating area. The current area is so small and cramped.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Disney are currently recruiting for cast for the new Main Street Starbucks and are using that concept art from above in the fliers being put around property backstage.

ptaylor

Premium Member
Here is a larger version of the concept art (click for full size)
starbucks mk concept art.jpg

emich88

Disney are currently recruiting for cast for the new Main Street Starbucks and are using that concept art from above in the fliers being put around property backstage.

I am a a current cast member and have applied and interviewed for the Main Street Starbucks. My interviewer told me that Disney is still working on the contract with Starbucks and it could be a little different from the Disneyland one. He also stated that as of last week (when I had my interview), the Starbucks will open in mid-June. They are looking to hire 100 cast members for each of the Starbucks locations. Starting with the MK one first of course.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I am a a current cast member and have applied and interviewed for the Main Street Starbucks. My interviewer told me that Disney is still working on the contract with Starbucks and it could be a little different from the Disneyland one. He also stated that as of last week (when I had my interview), the Starbucks will open in mid-June. They are looking to hire 100 cast members for each of the Starbucks locations. Starting with the MK one first of course.
Thanks for the update - that's a lot of cast. So it sound like it will be staffed by Disney cast members?

Genie of the Lamp

Greetings first time poster and Welcome to WDWMAGIC!:) I hope you get the job at the Main Street Starbucks. Thanks for the info. When you say Starbucks will be handled differently here in WDW vs Disneyland, how so? Too bad they didn't open SB in January or something during the colder months in FL. You're chances should be good given that they want to hire 100 cm's for each location and even if you don't get the MK one, you should definitely be able to get a job at one of the WDW Starbucks.

Ajax Redux

Just found out about this travesty while researching our March trip. Very, very sad. We have a Starbuck's right down the street... But we don't have a Main Street Bakery, the place where I've shared a big slice of chocolate cake with our daughter on every visit since 1987. I could even buy into a 'Main St Bakery' featuring Starbuck's... But this? No. I can't believe how quickly Disney assumes the position for a dollar.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Just found out about this travesty while researching our March trip. Very, very sad. We have a Starbuck's right down the street... But we don't have a Main Street Bakery, the place where I've shared a big slice of chocolate cake with our daughter on every visit since 1987. I could even buy into a 'Main St Bakery' featuring Starbuck's... But this? No. I can't believe how quickly Disney assumes the position for a dollar.

It's been stated before, but the bakery will continue to serve many of the same desserts and offerings it did before. Starbucks is basically an enhancement to the establishment, not a replacement. Save for the Nescafe coffee.....

emich88

Thanks for the update - that's a lot of cast. So it sound like it will be staffed by Disney cast members?
I asked about the staffing information because I didn't want to leave the company to work for an operating participant. But he stated that Starbucks has a partnership with Disney and that it will be ran/ staffed by Disney. So regular cast members will be working there.

I'm not sure how different it might be from Disneyland, but he said the contract is not yet complete so anything can happen. But it will indeed will the Main Street Bakery serving Starbucks drinks. So they will continue to sell most of what they used to sell.

Another thing he said is that we could see an average wait time of 30 minutes for coffee...

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I asked about the staffing information because I didn't want to leave the company to work for an operating participant. But he stated that Starbucks has a partnership with Disney and that it will be ran/ staffed by Disney. So regular cast members will be working there.

I'm not sure how different it might be from Disneyland, but he said the contract is not yet complete so anything can happen. But it will indeed will the Main Street Bakery serving Starbucks drinks. So they will continue to sell most of what they used to sell.

Another thing he said is that we could see an average wait time of 30 minutes for coffee...

All Starbucks need two lines. One for people who want coffee and one for the fancy pants drink consumers. I hate being behind 16 caramel, frappuchino, soy, latte orders.

Ajax Redux

Just read elsewhere that the MSB name will be retained. That's better. That info also might be included in this thread, but I'm short the time to plow thru 58 pages.

doctornick

I could even buy into a 'Main St Bakery' featuring Starbuck's...

That's exactly what it will be. Google "Figgler, Fifer and Practical Cafe" (in DCA) to see the basic execution -- it's not a neighborhood corner Starbucks being placed on Main Street, it's a Main Street institution serving Starbucks coffee and products (in addition to Disney favorites)

StarWarsGirl

Still don't know what was wrong with my Dunkin' Donuts coffee, Krispy Kreme donuts franchise idea. It would be nice if they could've done something a little less common with the coffee.....
hot_coffee.png

freebies2dealsfree-krispy-kreme-donuts.jpg

A winning combo, I tell ya.
Though I am strongly against Starbucks at Disney, I have to say I wouldn't mind Krispy Kreme...

Prince-1

Why would you or anyone be strongly against Starbucks at WDW??? I just don't get it?? Please don't tell me that it ruins the Main Street fantasy (It doesn't), or that you like the old coffee better (Nobody does). Disney is in the business to give people what they want on vacation and make money as well. People may not like Starbucks (I don't) but it is a recognized brand that will appeal to the masses and add more money in Disney's pockets. The MSB is not changing at all except to adda better brand of coffee. That's it. Now I need to go out and get me some Dunkin' Donuts!! The pictue above is making me hungry.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom