Main Street Bakery to Serve Starbucks Coffee

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Does that mean that the Emporium shouldn't sell any products made in the last 50 years?

I'd prefer they go back to some of the stuff from 10 or 15 years ago. The t-shirts seem a bit thin to me these days. I have a shirt from 1998 that I still wear. It was actually pretty big on me when I bought it but it fits good now (not because it shrunk but because I expanded :))

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Here are the cups they use in DCA I assume every location will have the same... I guessing the napkins aren't special since I can't find any pictures.

trendtribe.jpeg
tumblr_mb4z53mqj41rbcfgko1_1280.jpg

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Here are the cups they use in DCA I assume every location will have the same... I guessing the napkins aren't special since I can't find any pictures.

trendtribe.jpeg
tumblr_mb4z53mqj41rbcfgko1_1280.jpg
Those look pretty good. I thought I read somewhere they were using the standard Starbucks plastic cups for cold drinks. Those are a step up.

RSoxNo1

I'd prefer they go back to some of the stuff from 10 or 15 years ago. The t-shirts seem a bit thin to me these days. I have a shirt from 1998 that I still wear. It was actually pretty big on me when I bought it but it fits good now (not because it shrunk but because I expanded :))
That's a valid complaint about quality that has nothing to do with theming.

The Empress Lilly

I'm the most upset about them removing the seating from the bakery, I thought this would have been the perfect chance to expand it. People look for those tables like crazy, and what are people suppose to do with their breakfast or other items? We use to use the bakery as a place to sit down and relax for a little bit.
Well this isn't about guest convenience, is it? This is about increased profit. As long as we and everybody else in that long line that will flock to the opportunity to pay $6.79 for a coffee keep-a-coming back for more declined service, the lack of seating is not WDW's problem.

The Empress Lilly

So you'd prefer they have crappy coffee?
No, that is marketing spin Disney has led its fans to believe. That the choice is 'crap coffee' or 'outside franchise'.

The choice of course is between 'crap coffee' and 'just serve good coffee already'. The solution was the replacement of Nescafe syrup with Joffrey's coffee throughout the park, as Disney did a bit later. Opening a Starbucks on MS on top of that has got nothing to do with improving coffee quality, but everything with marketing.

The Empress Lilly

The question is, what will be printed on the Napkins?
starbucks_napkins.jpg
Classic WDW, Tokyo and DLP all have themed napkins and cups. Because quality matters. Because details matter.

It is only WDW which consistently manages to get away with an inferior product. I blame the fanbase - all customers get the theme park they deserve.

The Empress Lilly

Fyi, this is from Walt's time. Want to keep complaining about a sign on Main Street?
Yes. Because I also have pictures from 1973 with many a burned out lightbulb. And of the 80s with a Hallmark shop on MS. And of the 90s with a McDonalds in the park.

Does a Walt era Frito kid excuse replacing the Sci-Fi with a Burger King?

Goofyernmost

Well this isn't about guest convenience, is it? This is about increased profit. As long as we and everybody else in that long line that will flock to the opportunity to pay $6.79 for a coffee keep-a-coming back for more declined service, the lack of seating is not WDW's problem.
Coca Cola is a brand of soft drinks, Starbucks a place one visits.

Similarly, it is fine to serve Heinz ketchup in Le Cellier, but not to replace it with a McDonalds.
No, that is marketing spin Disney has led its fans to believe. That the choice is 'crap coffee' or 'outside franchise'.

The choice of course is between 'crap coffee' and 'just serve good coffee already'. The solution was the replacement of Nescafe syrup with Joffrey's coffee throughout the park, as Disney did a bit later. Opening a Starbucks on MS on top of that has got nothing to do with improving coffee quality, and everything with marketing.
Classic WDW, Tokyo and DLP all have themed napkins and cups. Because quality matters. Because details matter.

It is only WDW which consistently manages to get away with an inferior product. I blame the fanbase - all customers get the theme park they deserve.
My goodness Empress, getting a whole bunch of worked up about a cup of coffee in a theme park aren't you?

I guess I just can't relate to all the concern. I don't drink coffee and in 30 years and 42 visits I have never been in the Bakery. I don't find that having Starbucks sold in the Bakery is a thing to be concerned about. It really doesn't change the overall look of MSUSA in any noticeable way and it gives paying customers another choice.

I truly wish that this was the worst thing happening in WDW, but it is far from it. If you watched the stream yesterday from MSUSA you would have seen many, many CM's just standing there talking amongst themselves, not looking up to see if anyone needed assistance or directions, constantly sucking on water bottles and doing nothing to enhance the guests visit. Coffee or the brand doesn't even begin to move the needle on things that are wrong with WDW.

The Empress Lilly

My goodness Empress, getting a whole bunch of worked up about a cup of coffee in a theme park aren't you?
WHAT!???!!!? I AM NOT WORKED UP I'M TOTALLY CALM AND....

...erm, I mean, I am not worked up! I simply enjoy exploring the minutiae of thematic design. Hey, its a Disney site, it's what we do! There's only so many times we can complain about the Yeti and the destruction of Horizons. But Starbucks is new! :)

But if you think my Disney obsession borders on mental illness, I've got only one thing to say to you: you're quite correct! And I'm not ashamed of it!
Besides, if I weren't busy with Disney I'd just be killing small animals at a higher rate. :oops:

MickeyPeace

I do not hate Starbucks, but most people are smart enough not to spend $5 for a cup of coffee.
The people that do spend $5 for a cup of coffee think we hate Starbucks.

A cup of Starbucks coffee is under $2. If you order a latte, machiatto, frozen in a larger size then you are getting to the $5 range. It seems that maybe you haven't even been in Starbucks?
Personally I gave up coffee and tea 6 months ago so I'm not defending Starbucks. It bothers me though when people post information that is not accurate while slamming others. I welcome Starbucks because good coffee should be available to those who want it.

Clamman73

...Next time I'm there, I'll be stopping by there for coffee...A Tall coffee is around $1.70 something...I'll have my electronic Starbucks card out ready to purchase.

Dads 2 Boys

I was one of the original few that freaked out about this Starbucks, though for other reasons than just the signage. I cannot stand Starbucks, or the hipster movement. I realize that makes me sound like a crabby old "get off my lawn and get a haircut" old man. LOL I did think that the Starbucks signage would be too obtrusive into the "Mainstreet" theme. However, after seeing this sign I must admit that I was wrong. It is nicely done and not so "in your face" as I thought it would be.

Well said and I (and the rational ones here) appreciate your honesty and humility.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
As long as the McDonald's sign is not too conspicuous then I guess everyone will be OK with it.;)

Actually, if they added 2 or 3 new E-tickets most people wouldn't care either. They would run right past on there way to grab a fast pass;). One problem WDW does have is they are selling nostalgia. When you do that it's never a good idea to change an icon. I don't personally think the sign looks bad at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom