Main Street Bakery to Serve Starbucks Coffee

The Empress Lilly

We need to as a community kinda be focusing on SHOW QUALITY!!!! Whether it's the slop they are currently serving in the restaurants, the maintenance of the attractions, even the entertainment. But they are all focusing on disparate non-issues like beverages and immorality of serving alcohol rather than focusing their pains of modern WDW of the show quality, SHOW QUALITY, SHOW QUALITY.
Drunks in the parks is about show quality. A Starbucks location on MS is about show quality. Show quality is about a holistic approach, about general standards applied to every aspect of the theatre production. Every detail matters, in ways that are sometimes not understood or remain simply overlooked.

I'd even say that the quality of coffee is show quality. So I wish WDW would solve that one, for example by investing in quality coffee and machinery. Instead of putting the fans to sleep by selling a sponsorship deal as 'improving coffee'. Hey, if this was about improving Disney's coffee, then Disney would....improve its coffee. Plain and simple. Instead of the coffee that's served being being left unchanged, safe for one location per park.

Make three cents less profit per cup and serve us proper coffee, so people wouldn't be clamouring for outside vendours to set up shop, with all accompanying thematic immersion problems.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Drunks in the parks is about show quality. A Starbucks location on MS is about show quality. Show quality is about a holistic approach, about general standards applied to every aspect of the theatre production. Every detail matters, in ways that are sometimes not understood or remain simply overlooked.

I'd even say that the quality of coffee is show quality. So I wish WDW would solve that one, for example by investing in quality coffee and machinery, instead of putting the fans to sleep by selling a sponsorship deal as 'improving coffee'. Hey, if this was about improving Disney's coffee, then Disney's coffee would be improved. Plain and simple. Instead of left unchanged, safe for one location per park.

Make three cents less profit per cup and serve us proper coffee, so people wouldn't be clamouring for outside vendours to set up shop, with all accompanying thematic immersion problems.
Being drunk in the parks is a good way to avoid noticing show quality;)

The Empress Lilly

Being drunk in the parks is a good way to avoid noticing show quality;)
Quite so! Indeed, one could argue show quality drastically improves the more alcohol one has consumed. Stitch becomes the greatest ride in the world when you try to outfart his chili dog burps.

* massive fart *
"Mommy, mommy...those people behind me are farting"
"Now now dear, that's just part of the show. Just Stitch being misschievous"
*ripping one in the kid's drection*
"Mommy...please...they are doing it again...I'm stuck...please remove this harnass!"

RSoxNo1

How many Espresso Coffee and Pastries stands are there? I think there's 3 in world showcase alone, and they are all run by Joffrey's. To the people complaining about Starbucks, start complaining about these first.

RSoxNo1

Update from the Disney Parks Blog

UPDATE 11/12: Here’s some additional information about our Walt Disney World Resort Starbucks locations. The Main Street Bakery will keep its name and theming when it reopens in early summer. It’ll also continue to serve Disney favorites like cookies, brownies and seasonal cupcakes, in addition to Starbucks signature beverages and other items. And for those of you who asked in comments, the cinnamon rolls are available at Gaston’s Tavern in New Fantasyland, and the ice cream sandwiches are available at Plaza Ice Cream Parlor on Main Street, U.S.A.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...gic-kingdom-park-epcot-set-to-open-next-year/
(clasps hands over ears) NOT LISTENING! NOT LISTENING!

Club34

I'll tell you why I don't like the Starbucks takeover of the Main St. Bakery if in fact there are signature items such as the delicious cinnamon rolls taken away...

The bakery is a great spot to go to before rope drop for breakfast. Have you ever tried that garbage that Starbucks tries to pass as food? Its horrible. I'd propose that the better move would have been to keep the bakery as is and simply add some coffee makers and the expresso machine. I would add that I have the same concerns about the Epcot site except that I am not looking for Ice Cream in the morning. However, I will be saddened of there are less choices due to the Starbucks at the Fountain because nothing beats ice cream at Epcot in the afternoon.

Lastly, why all the frack about people complaining. Thats what message boards are for. I LOVE the fact that if the restroom nearest the PotC gets new toilet paper I can come here and there are already 20 posts about it with insightful analysis. That's why I come to a Disney FANSITE message board! Enjoy it. We share this common bond right?!

Gtovryslf

I would guess that Josh and the Voce team of consultants were busy at Celebration Place yesterday letting the team know it was going to have a mess that could move to the mainstream if it kept up, hence the clarification.

Highly doubtful - The folks at CP have much better things to do than to inflate the EGOS on here any bigger than they already are.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Question: Does anyone know if Starbucks is going to the resorts? I imagine they would.
The original deal is for 6 locations in CA and FL (these 2 plus the DCA location are known already) so probably not part of this deal. Maybe if these are successful they will extend to more locations.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I'll tell you why I don't like the Starbucks takeover of the Main St. Bakery if in fact there are signature items such as the delicious cinnamon rolls taken away...

The bakery is a great spot to go to before rope drop for breakfast. Have you ever tried that garbage that Starbucks tries to pass as food? Its horrible. I'd propose that the better move would have been to keep the bakery as is and simply add some coffee makers and the expresso machine. I would add that I have the same concerns about the Epcot site except that I am not looking for Ice Cream in the morning. However, I will be saddened of there are less choices due to the Starbucks at the Fountain because nothing beats ice cream at Epcot in the afternoon.

Lastly, why all the frack about people complaining. Thats what message boards are for. I LOVE the fact that if the restroom nearest the PotC gets new toilet paper I can come here and there are already 20 posts about it with insightful analysis. That's why I come to a Disney FANSITE message board! Enjoy it. We share this common bond right?!

I assume you missed this as well as the updated press release:

We really need to get some facts on the table here.

1. The Main Street Bakery will be getting an investment of cash and attention - which is a good thing for that location.
2. The low quality coffee served there will be replaced by something that is for most people a superior coffee.
3. There will be additional baked goods offered - something outside of the standard Disney items that are now appearing everywhere.
4. Most of the existing baked goods for those that have an attachUment to them will continue to be offered.
5. IF the cinnamon rolls are removed, they can be obtained in the new Fantasyland.
6. The Starbucks signage will be minimal.
7. The name of the location will remain the same, as will the theme.

The EPCOT location didn't always serve ice cream. It was an espresso bar and bakery until about 5 years or so ago. They could keep the ice cream too. A lot of Dunking Donuts have Baskin Robbins ice cream too.

The Empress Lilly

How many Espresso Coffee and Pastries stands are there? I think there's 3 in world showcase alone, and they are all run by Joffrey's. To the people complaining about Starbucks, start complaining about these first.
To the people arguing in favour of Starbucks in WDW, start arguing in favour of Joffrey's first. :p

As for me, my very name and avatar are a protest against the dangers and excesses of outside food and beverage vendors. :)

Sometimes bringing in outside F&B works, or is even recommendable. Such as in WS or DAK, where authenticity might greatly benefit from outside F&B. Sometimes it feels intrusive, such as McDonald's and Starbucks locations. Disney understands this too, hence the very subdued presence of both chains. But to me, the intrusiveness remains.

Personally, instead of Joffrey's, give me the nice coffee they make in the B&P in France, with real espresso machines, as is customary in France. (Where they have a real coffee culture, and not the 'buckets of brown milk-fantasy drinks' of American hipster subculture). Better taste, better thematic fit.

TalkingHead

Maybe someone can explain why the complaints about the post-count of this thread are being voiced by people who continue to add dozens of posts to this thread (and therefore help to keep the discussion alive).

The Empress Lilly

Maybe. We'll have to see if the Starbucks at Magic Kingdom is successful enough to come to the resorts.
I think the lines will run to the Train Station.

Of course, we, people of good taste, look down on those herd animals and we get our coffee only from an Indie café. :p

Pentacat

Original Poster
Thanks to the Mod that changed the thread title.

Is it the cynic in me or does the Parks Blog post these updates with such thin information to stir up trouble intentionally? Are they trying to "determine guest demand" by seeding their own blog with incomplete and/or contentious information? They really need to exercise some better PR control if that is NOT their attention.

They obviously monitor this and other forums....are they hiring?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom