Main Street Bakery to Serve Starbucks Coffee

Sam Lapp

I do like Starbucks but i really did like the bakery. Kind of sad really. I really hope Disney does not give up some of their other one of a kind shops for the sake of money.

Mr Bill

Doesn't seem like anything happening will be any more overbearing or invasive than the McDonald's sponsorship of Restaurantosaurus was. It'll still be a Disney location, just serving some Starbucks products. We've got a location at DCA to show that it'll all be okay. I'm not seeing the problem.

Man, I'd hate to see what the reaction would look like if Disney brought Lay's chips back into the parks.

SirLink

If you tell me the world is flat.. I should respect it because its your opinion? No thanks. Waving the 'my opinion' excuse is not a 'truce card' where others are forced to accept ignorance in the face of readily available information. People who chose to live in ignorance can't complain when called out on it... especially with 'its my opinion'.

Don't @flynnibus I posted a video of a comedian explaining this ludicrous notion of 'balance' and opinions with regard to hard science and it was dismissed out of hand, and was told that well 'he' doesn't understand opinion either.

flynnibus

Premium Member
This is simply untrue. Disney did not announce this as a "Disney Food and Beverage location serving Starbucks coffee". They repeatedly referred to it as a "Starbucks location".

And how many times do we need to point out they referred to the Pig Cafe WITH THE SAME EXACT DESCRIPTION.

The very article starts off with..

"In June, the first Starbucks location opened at Disney California Adventure park in the Fiddler, Fifer and Practical Café and is already a guest favorite"

Followed by a photo of the DCA location.

So if you want to hang on the wording of 'starbucks location' then you need to accept that what was done at the Pig Cafe is also a 'starbucks location'. And if so, what is so offending by that 'starbucks location' that has invoked such an emotional response? Does it scream 'chain' store to you? Does it stand out and ruin BVS? Or ruin the Pig Cafe concept (which PREDATES introduce Starbucks into the location).

You are using this single description as the basis of why it will be all these destructive things - yet chose to ignore the SAME EXACT DESCRIPTION was used to describe the Pig Cafe and making it a 'starbucks location' neither destroyed BVS or the Pig Cafe concept.

I "love" my wife. Does that mean I am distorting a fact to do so? I "hate" Burger King. Am I distorting a fact to do that?

Love is not an adjective or pronoun in those cases - what you posted before was "detestable chain store". Using 'detestably' and 'chain stores' as replacement labels and descriptions that you use to inject opinion and inference into your 'factual' statement that is supposed to be factual information your emotions are based upon. They aren't based on fact, you created a circular argument to defend your emotions with.

GeneralKnowledge

And how many times do we need to point out they referred to the Pig Cafe WITH THE SAME EXACT DESCRIPTION.

The very article starts off with..

"In June, the first Starbucks location opened at Disney California Adventure park in the Fiddler, Fifer and Practical Café and is already a guest favorite"

Followed by a photo of the DCA location.

So if you want to hang on the wording of 'starbucks location' then you need to accept that what was done at the Pig Cafe is also a 'starbucks location'. And if so, what is so offending by that 'starbucks location' that has invoked such an emotional response? Does it scream 'chain' store to you? Does it stand out and ruin BVS? Or ruin the Pig Cafe concept (which PREDATES introduce Starbucks into the location).

You are using this single description as the basis of why it will be all these destructive things - yet chose to ignore the SAME EXACT DESCRIPTION was used to describe the Pig Cafe and making it a 'starbucks location' neither destroyed BVS or the Pig Cafe concept.

99% of the people arguing against this change should hang up their hats after reading this point. flynnibus just won the debate.

asianway

For what it's worth, I'm currently staying at a Courtyard by Marriott that "proudly serves Starbuck's coffee" in it's cafe. They didnt refer to it as a Starbucks Location......
There are several hurdles to go from "we proudly brew" to a Starbucks store. Disney is getting Starbucks stores. Exterior signage(for which Disney is obviously getting a waiver), its own exterior entrance, purchasing the SB proprietary equipment to name a few...

Does DCA take SB gift cards? Thats another one.

djlaosc

well it will probably be fine.. I like starbucks coffe, but I prefer the food items currently offered at WDW Main St Bakery so hopefully the food items won't be all branded starbucks..

No need to worry, the DCA Starbucks serves both Disney and Starbucks products (out of a 5 shelf unit shown in pictures on this thread, 2 shelves are Starbucks products, 3 are Disney products), and the MK location should do the same!

Does anyone actually go to the parks solely for a bakery that serves sub-par mass-produced junk food? I can't speak for the angry mob of coffee haters, but I go for the rides. How hard is it to go to another location that sells the same junk if the Starbucks thing is such a big deal. Entitlement gets more ridiculous by the day.

GeneralKnowledge

No need to worry, the DCA Starbucks serves both Disney and Starbucks products (out of a 5 shelf unit shown in pictures on this thread, 2 shelves are Starbucks products, 3 are Disney products), and the MK location should do the same!

This sounds vaguely familiar. I think I heard it somewhere. Lol

Mr Wizard

The tone of know-it-all arrogance, along with the "how dare you have an opinion that isn't ours" theme that has run rampant in this thread is the reason many have left this board. And after 36 pages of mostly "MY info and MY take on what is happening is right!" I can kinda see their point.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
This has gone from a little over the top to plain crazy. I don't know what to say. I find it hard to believe that nobody would care if they announced Starbucks coffee would be served at Main Street Bakery, but because they are referring to the reopened Main Street Bakery as a "Starbucks location" it's a big issue. So far 1 person on here claimed the name would definitely not change. Nobody else has given any indication and certainly not any proof that the name will change. I am assuimg based on the available facts and the DCA location that they will keep the name. There is a 99% certainty that the outside of the building will not change other than a small sign not likely larger than the one at DCA. This has been confirmed by our trusted insiders too. The inside will be renovated from January to early summer so probably 4 to 5 months. The ice cream parlor recently underwent a 3 month refurb and other than a fresh coat of paint looked pretty similar. The point is the 5 month window does not automatically mean they are gutting it to put in a generic Starbucks. The menu will include both Starbucks items and Disney favorites. Most assume similar to the DCA "Starbucks location". When they use the term "Starbucks location" I assume they mean an official location that will serve Starbucks coffee. Not all coffee at WDW will be converted to Starbucks, only these select locations.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Honestly at this point... Main Street would be lucky to get the type of food offerings they've ramped up in DCA over the last 3 years. If anything, here's hoping the change over leads to an IMPROVED menu and offerings and not the status quo crap like crystal palace, tonys, and cosmic rays TDO has conditioned people to accept along with declining menus elsewhere. Be Our Guest is a good sign, along with the counter inside storybook circus.. here's hoping its the start of a trend.

WDW1974

If you tell me the world is flat.. I should respect it because its your opinion? No thanks. Waving the 'my opinion' excuse is not a 'truce card' where others are forced to accept ignorance in the face of readily available information. People who chose to live in ignorance can't complain when called out on it... especially with 'its my opinion'.

Except for many Disney fans, the world is flat ... have you ever observed or interacted with others at the parks?
It can make you ashamed of being labeled a 'Disney fan'.

And why on Earth hasn't someone here changed the INCORRECT headline that keeps fomenting even more irrational and ignorant posts?

captainkidd

Ya mean how the Emporium is a standard Disney store found across the world, actually it may be worse than a standard Disney store ...

Ya mean like how they sell Coke products instead of their own branded drink products ... sell Nestle ice cream instead of creating their own ice cream in CS(and most likely TS) places... or serve Nescrape instead of using their own coffee blend all over property? Right?

The Emporium is not a standard Disney Store found round the world. If you think that, you haven't been in one or the other.

Yes, because serving a brand of coffee is the exact same thing as opening an entire location of that brand of coffee.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom