Main Street Bakery to Serve Starbucks Coffee

flynnibus

Premium Member
Ok, we can talk real world examples that the company has built as soon as you can direct me to the last Starbucks location built on MSUSA.....oh wait....you can't.

Because Main Street is held to some HIGHER standard? If you believe so.. that would make what was put into BVS a LOWER standard... so what is it about the Pig Cafe that turns you off so much?

And BTW... BVS is operating at a much higher level of theme than Main Street has in over 15 years... so all this high and tighty attitude about Main Street being 'different' and incomparable is again is off the mark.

If BVS is some lower being.. you should be able to show how the Pig Cafe is a problem there at least.

And since apparently most people here don't follow Disneyland news... they plan to put it on Mainstreet over there too... *shocker*

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
There is a name for this phenomenon. The emotional attachment to something that is so strong it overrides one's ability to look at a situation logically and rationally.
I suffer from it myself.

It's called....AdventurersClubitis. There is no cure.
Well said. Well said.

jlsHouston

This thread just keeps getting worse and worse...:rolleyes:

People act like they were gonna put in a Hollywood-Maxwell's Intimate Apparel shop on Main St.
wizard3.jpg

Or a Wurlitzer organ store on Main St.
wurlitzer.jpg

Or a Yale lock store on Main St.
$(KGrHqR,!ngF!T9uFYmYBQNvJhT7)g~~60_35.JPG

Or an Aunt Jemima Pancake House (with Aunt Jemima!) in Frontierland.
1959_P_AuntJemima.jpg

Or a Casa de Fritos, featuring the Frito Kid, in Frontierland.
CasadeFritosA.jpg

Seriously.
Sponsors, or operating partners, have been part of Disney parks history since 1955. It's no big deal.
They are adding Starbucks coffee to the Main St. Bakery. So....

But maybe the dismay displayed here is the fact that the change eliminates a place that is loved and it will be missed... yes we know that brands have been offered at the Disney parks from the beginning it is still a bit disconcerting to find Main St Bakery is going to become a branded Starbucks... but maybe that is reflective of current Main St USA so... still can't help being a little sad over the change.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Because Main Street is held to some HIGHER standard? If you believe so.. that would make what was put into BVS a LOWER standard... so what is it about the Pig Cafe that turns you off so much?

And BTW... BVS is operating at a much higher level of theme than Main Street has in over 15 years... so all this high and tighty attitude about Main Street being 'different' and incomparable is again is off the mark.

If BVS is some lower being.. you should be able to show how the Pig Cafe is a problem there at least.

And since apparently most people here don't follow Disneyland news... they plan to put it on Mainstreet over there too... *shocker*
I'm waiting for directions to the last Starbucks built on MSUSA. No need to reply if you can't provide them.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I'm saying you are not seeing it from the other person's point of view.

Correct - because I don't respect 'opinions' based on ignorance, distortions and irrational behaviors. If that's how you feel when you review all the actual facts, not just emotions, ok, your prerogative. But this thread has been filled with falsehoods and distortions from the very get go.. and the foamers are piling on the wagon as fast as they can instead of actually looking at anything before Friday.

Lets review...

'Chain'? Its not going to be your Starbucks Chain location -it's going to be a Disney F&B location
'What about the CMs' They still use Disney CMs
Serving 'starbucks'? - Just like they serve national brands all over the park and have since it's inception
Advertising 'starbucks' - Just like they have been for sponsors all over the park since it's inception

For people who "love" Main Street USA (see, an emotion), they are taking out their beloved Main Street Bakery(another emotion) and replacing it with a detestable chain store (yet another emotion)

That is not an emotion - that is a distortion of facts to support one's predisposed position. It tries to describe a fact, but uses bias and inferance to influence the image interpreted by the reader. You intermingle opinions and distorted facts to say 'see its just an opinion'. An opinion based on distortions and selective memory.

jlsHouston

But I don't look at it that way. I see it as an addition.
It's going to be more like "Main St. Bakery with Starbucks" rather than "Starbucks instead of Main St. Bakery."

well it will probably be fine.. I like starbucks coffe, but I prefer the food items currently offered at WDW Main St Bakery so hopefully the food items won't be all branded starbucks..

Lee

Adventurer
From a review of the DCA location, emphasis mine:
Inside the Starbucks, I found the coffee menu which appears to include the most commonly ordered beverages. There is a huge food menu because the store is operated by Disney and offers their food offerings.
So there goes the fear of not getting Disney food items..
LOOK! Evidence!
2-5-4949-Pastry-Case-Starbucks-Disneyland-14June2012.jpg

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
It's going to be more like "Main St. Bakery with Starbucks" rather than "Starbucks instead of Main St. Bakery."
If it had been introduced as such I would have no problem. Serve SB coffee instead of Nescafé. But we are getting a SB location with "some traditional favorites".

ParentsOf4

Exactly. That's how Disney should have announced it. But they didn't. They announced it as a "Starbucks location" and used that phrase several times. Disney flubbed the PR on this.

flynnibus

Premium Member
From a review of the DCA location, emphasis mine:

So there goes the fear of not getting Disney food items..
LOOK! Evidence!

Don't worry Lee - those same types of messages and photos have been posted for days. The sand people won't have any of it. Reality isn't their concern - just their doomsday scenario backed selective reading of horrible writing by the DPB. Selective being the key...

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
You're acting like a 3 yr old who won't eat their dinner because someone different made it. If you want to put your head in the sand and refuse to look at BVS and how it's theming and standards compare.. you're just being stubborn and using unobtainable requirements to prove your reality can not be disproved.

It's akin to 'You Can't Make me!' response on the elementary school playground. Kudos.
And you are acting like a playground bully who does not respect opinions that differ from yours. Feel free to kick sand in my face or take my milk money if it makes you feel any better about yourself. But that's just my opinion.....

flynnibus

Premium Member
Well that pretty much sums it up.

If you tell me the world is flat.. I should respect it because its your opinion? No thanks. Waving the 'my opinion' excuse is not a 'truce card' where others are forced to accept ignorance in the face of readily available information. People who chose to live in ignorance can't complain when called out on it... especially with 'its my opinion'.

jlsHouston

the problem with the announcement (and I agree that it is badly worded) is that people are (understandably) interpreting "Starbucks location" as meaning "Starbucks store" as opposed to be "place in the park where Starbucks products are sold". They aren't building your neighborhood corner Starbucks in the MK; they are modifying an existing restaurant to feature Starbucks products in addition to traditional Disney fare.

I still don't see how anyone can look at the cafe in DCA, recognize the same setup is happening in MK and make most of the complaints in this thread.

Well.. because I didn't know they served starbucks at DCA until it was posted on this thread and a picture provided ... and I probably pay too close attention to these forums and the experts on them... and I am not being sarcastic, as lazy as I am, if I want to know something WDW related I hop on this board... I figure alot of people on this forum have better info about a topic disney related than I could ever ascertain using google because they have sources and have been following all things disney for years..But yes I know the key word here is lazy.. I am lazy..

jlsHouston

Well that pretty much sums it up.

haha...I know.. I am like gee why can't I be a little sad that starbucks is taking over Main St Bakery... and maybe it won't be so bad, maybe it will be better, but at my age... change can be a little worrisome especially when the change comes to things that you don't really consider broke...

ParentsOf4

Thanks for the reply. I've like to comment on a couple of points.
Chain'? Its not going to be your Starbucks Chain location -it's going to be a Disney F&B location
This is simply untrue. Disney did not announce this as a "Disney Food and Beverage location serving Starbucks coffee". They repeatedly referred to it as a "Starbucks location".
Advertising 'starbucks' - Just like they have been for sponsors all over the park since it's inception
The issue is not sponsorship. I've seen several people post that it has nothing to do with sponsorship and yet it appears you've missed their poists. It's about a "Starbucks location" (a.k.a. store) opening on Main Street USA.
That is not an emotion - that is a distortion of facts to support one's predisposed position. It tries to describe a fact, but uses bias and inferance to influence the image interpreted by the reader. You intermingle opinions and distorted facts to say 'see its just an opinion'. An opinion based on distortions and selective memory.
I "love" my wife. Does that mean I am distorting a fact to do so? I "hate" Burger King. Am I distorting a fact to do that?

It's Disney (fact) that announced that a "Starbucks location" is moving onto Main Street USA. Unless they are creating a new building, then "something" is moving out. Those are facts. Go back to the original announcement.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom