Main Street Bakery to Serve Starbucks Coffee

G00fyDad

Um, yes - They are.

If they turned the Emporium into a Wal-Mart, would it be OK as long as it fit the theme?

I'd like to see everyone's reactions if they replaced the Dole Whip location with a Starbucks. (Which as Starbucks idiocy has been proven, they may well do one day since they cannot have enough Starbucks over-priced coffee in the world.)

flynnibus

Premium Member
Everyone keeps avoiding this simple question:

If Disney turned the Emporium into a Wal-Mart, would it be OK as long as it was themed to match Main Street?

Parentsof4 makes an excellent point - There are several beautiful McDonalds around the world. But it's still McDonalds. If you paint a pile of dog crap pink and blue, it's still a pile of dog crap.

Know the difference? You are relying on hyperbole to argue the hypotheticals.... I'm using proven history and actual results.

captainkidd

Sure, I see a difference. But since that's not at all what is happening here, I don't get why you are bringing it up.

It seems the misguide anger would be much better directed at the Rainforest Cafe at DAK which actually is a chain location in a park.

What is happening on MSUSA is a Disney restaurant is going to sell an outside vendor's products. BFD, it's not the first time this has happened in that section of the park.

Because that IS what's happening here. It's not the Main Street Bakery selling Starbucks products. That would be bad enough. It's Starbucks, selling select Disney favorites, whatever the heck that means.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
You're missing the point. Coke does not have a "Coca Cola Store" on Main Street USA but Starbucks will. I realize the different might seem minor to some but there is a big difference between selling a product and having an entire store.

Fundamentally, WDW flubbed the PR on this one.

The PR announcement, on it's own, is ugly. Makes it seem like Starbucks is building a Starbucks on Main Street.

BUT...

We have the benefit of already having a Starbucks being implemented in a Disney theme park. And by all accounts it came out great. If the Bakery comes out like the DCA location, we have nothing to worry about.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Because that IS what's happening here. It's not the Main Street Bakery selling Starbucks products. That would be bad enough. It's Starbucks, selling select Disney favorites, whatever the heck that means.

If you keep relying on wrong information.. it's no wonder you're coming to the wrong conclusions. Will you pay any attention at all to the history of this subject? Or are you going to just keep ranting here for days putting your head in the sand and refusing to look at the reporting and information about the topic and deal between Disney and Starbucks?

G00fyDad

Know the difference? You are relying on hyperbole to argue the hypotheticals.... I'm using proven history and actual results.

No. You both seem to be arguing two different points. 33 pages and no one has gotten to that yet. This idea may turn out to be hugely successful for Disney. Who cares? That is not the point made by some of us here. It is that Disney is further eroding the essence of the parks by adding another commercialized entity to MK. If they added a Starbucks to DHS, I doubt anyone would bat an eye. Although, I'd still think it was sily since Starbucks is over-priced and nasty.

captainkidd

If you keep relying on wrong information.. it's no wonder you're coming to the wrong conclusions. Will you pay any attention at all to the history of this subject? Or are you going to just keep ranting here for days putting your head in the sand and refusing to look at the reporting and information about the topic and deal between Disney and Starbucks?

Well, instead of throwing insults at me, enlighten me. Where's the written deal between Disney and Starbucks?

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I'd like to see everyone's reactions if they replaced the Dole Whip location with a Starbucks. (Which as Starbucks idiocy has been proven, they may well do one day since they cannot have enough Starbucks over-priced coffee in the world.)
No.. The next logical Starbucks location in the MK is Casey's Corner so they can catch the traffic on that side of the street.

G00fyDad

No.. The next logical Starbucks location in the MK is Casey's Corner so they can catch the traffic on that side of the street.

I would laugh, but it is probably far too true. Starbucks is dumb enough to build one across the street from another before, so why not again?

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
For what it's worth, I'm currently staying at a Courtyard by Marriott that "proudly serves Starbuck's coffee" in it's cafe. They didnt refer to it as a Starbucks Location......

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Recently released concept art:

StarbucksMainStreet1.jpg

doctornick

The PR announcement, on it's own, is ugly. Makes it seem like Starbucks is building a Starbucks on Main Street.

BUT...

We have the benefit of already having a Starbucks being implemented in a Disney theme park. And by all accounts it came out great. If the Bakery comes out like the DCA location, we have nothing to worry about.

the problem with the announcement (and I agree that it is badly worded) is that people are (understandably) interpreting "Starbucks location" as meaning "Starbucks store" as opposed to be "place in the park where Starbucks products are sold". They aren't building your neighborhood corner Starbucks in the MK; they are modifying an existing restaurant to feature Starbucks products in addition to traditional Disney fare.

I still don't see how anyone can look at the cafe in DCA, recognize the same setup is happening in MK and make most of the complaints in this thread.

jakeman

For what it's worth, I'm currently staying at a Courtyard by Marriott that "proudly serves Starbuck's coffee" in it's cafe. They didnt refer to it as a Starbucks Location......
I've seen some of those. They've always seem to lack the capacity to make the coffee flavored sugar milk drinks that the bigger stores can. The exception being the cafe at the Casa Monica in St. Augustine.

captainkidd

the problem with the announcement (and I agree that it is badly worded) is that people areinterpreting "Starbucks location" as meaning "Starbucks store" as opposed to be "place in the park where Starbucks products are sold". They aren't building your neighborhood corner Starbucksin the M; they are modifyinn existing restaurant to feature Starbucks products in addition to traditional Disney fare.

I still don't see how anyone can look at the cafe in DCA, recognize the same setup is happening in MK and make most of the complaints in this thread.

Because nobody really cares about California Adventure. If they were to do it on Main Street in Disneyland Park, I'm sure people would have been upset.

jakeman

No. But at the Main Street Bakery, I wouldn't expect to be able to buy a Tarragon Chicken Salad Sandwich and wash it down with a Caffe Vanilla Frappacino either.
Considering they don't sell that at the Pig Cafe (I'm catching on!), I'm not sure how you are drawing that conclusion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom