Main Street Bakery to Serve Starbucks Coffee

captainkidd

Hmmm... I can't tell the difference. Seriously, people really need to relax on this one.
If you don't like Starbucks coffee, I'm guessing you're probably not a big fan of Nescafe either. It's not going to be a thematic break, and it sounds like many of the bakery offerings will still remain. What is the actual downside here?

The downside is many of the bakery items will NOT remain. If they were going to, Disney would have pointed that out in the press release.

And let's remember something else here - WDW is not Disneyland. Disneyland is run, as we all know, a hell of a lot better than WDW.

GeneralKnowledge

Yeah, because this is going to look so much better....
strip_mall_on_adams.jpg

I think the more likely location for them to put in a Popeye's is in New Orleans Square in DL. Popeye's slogan "Louisiana, Fast!" fits in there much better thematically. We may however see the Plaza at MK replaced with an H&R Block. Imagine the boost in attendance during late March, early April (and October for the late filers) if people were able to do their taxes while they were at MK!

pumpkin7

At first I thought this was a terrible idea, but now I've seen the pictures of the DLR Starbucks, it doesn't look so bad.
As long as they theme it OK and don't make it like a typical high street Starbucks, I think it's going to be a plus.

But like others said, it will probably come and go, but MS will have an updated bakery!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The downside is many of the bakery items will NOT remain. If they were going to, Disney would have pointed that out in the press release.

Not sure how you reached that conclusion. In the comments section of the blog post someone asks:

"Does this mean that the menus will change to only serve Starbucks products (baked goods)? Or will the traditional Main Street Bakery goods still be available? Some of the baked goods are favorites – like the cupcakes – and will certainly be missed if the menu is just like a Starbucks down the street from our homes."

and the answer was:

"Hi Amy, yes there will be a selection of Disney favorites that you’ve enjoyed at the bakery over the years."

GeneralKnowledge

There will obviously be bakery selections. Doesn't mean they won't be made by Starbucks.

The response clearly says that "there will be a selection of Disney favorites that you've enjoyed over the years." Why on earth would Starbucks start making classic Disney pastries. That makes no sense...

captainkidd

The response clearly says that "there will be a selection of Disney favorites that you've enjoyed over the years." Why on earth would Starbucks start making classic Disney pastries. That makes no sense...

Why on Earth wouldn't they? Starbucks sells pastries. Seems odd they'd convert the entire shop just for them to serve their coffee.

djlaosc

Why on Earth wouldn't they? Starbucks sells pastries. Seems odd they'd convert the entire shop just for them to serve their coffee.

The one in California sells both - if you look at the picture quoted in this thread, out of the five shelves of food/bakery/pastry products - TWO (top two) shelves are Starbucks products and THREE (bottom three) shelves are Disney!

jjnshane

My 10-year-old daughter is LIVID about this idea. She loves Main Street and often writes stories about herself as one of the citizen. She said "Starbucks wasn't invented in 1901!" :(

Will they actually change the name to Starbucks, or will it still be Main Street Bakery featuring Starbucks?

Big Cheese

Been there every year since 99 and haven't once visited Main Street Bakery. The only thing constant is change, and Starbucks is a good change.:)

djlaosc

My 10-year-old daughter is LIVID about this idea. She loves Main Street and often writes stories about herself as one of the citizen. She said "Starbucks wasn't invented in 1901!" :(

Will they actually change the name to Starbucks, or will it still be Main Street Bakery featuring Starbucks?

Neither was Mickey Mouse (and Walt wasn't even born till December 5th)

WeLuvDisney

This is just a terrible idea. I LOVE Starbucks, dont get me wrong. But this just take the whole Disney feel away from Main Street. Especially it being the first thing you will see as soon as you enter the park.

Sunscreen wasn't invented in 1901 either. . . but am I glad to have it as I walk along Main Street!

I'm pretty sure that the Starbucks won't spoil the illusion, even if they use the name. I wouldn't be upset for example, if the "Island Supply" store in Adventureland was renamed "Banana Republic" or something like that.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
This is just a terrible idea. I LOVE Starbucks, dont get me wrong. But this just take the whole Disney feel away from Main Street. Especially it being the first thing you will see as soon as you enter the park.
For 99.9% of guests it will definitely not be the first thing you see. The other .1% are people on here complanning about it so they will be looking for it.

phlip78

It's official.

Oh...and Fountain View.
Let's put Friendly's in for the ice cream parlor, 7-11 for the confectionary and Kohls in for the clothing shops on Main Street. Really terrible idea. I'm a past employee and go on vacation there all the time and couldn't disagree with this money grabbing decision more. Last thing Disney needed was a Starbucks and if you did want to open one put it in Downtown Disney where many non Disney companies set up shop.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom