MagicBands WILL become a thing...

lazyboy97o

I'm actually keeping an open mind about the bracelets...for a few reasons.

I already take full advantage of the KTTW, and I don't like to carry much on the Parks, especially in terms of wallet type items. I keep $100, my photo State Issues ID, and my KTTW. That's it. Most of the time all I use is my KTTW, for various reasons.

Having done Universal, and even Disneyland, where the Dining Plan cards / tickets / etc are not unified, I love the KTTW.

That being said, I have lost items on trips, as they slide out of pockets, etc. I lost a camera (which later turned up) on my 2012 trip. If the bracelet isn't overly obtrusive (which, the big red version I've seen pictures of just looks uncomfortable...so I'll pass on that), I rather support the idea, at least enough to give it a try.

As long as cards are an option, I'm happy with the current state of things.
Part of the issue is that the MagicBand is not just another medium for the same Key to the World card. There is a yet to be fully disclosed tracking component involved and that is where the biggest issue exists. This gets compounded with the incentivization of the program which many feel is Disney seeking to effectively punish those who desire not to be tracked.

IAmALocal

While things slipping out of my pockets as I fish for my card/wallet is a concern, the only thing I've ever lost at Disney were sunglasses and I don't think the band will help me with that. At least I'd look pretty stupid using it for eye protection. I still want one even though I'd be willing to wager that I'll get sick of it after day 3 or 4.
Even if you do get sick of wearing it on your wrist after a couple days, you could always put it in a pocket. Being that it is made of rubber, it seems like it would be more difficult to slide out of your pocket. In comparison to things like wallets and plastic cards which are slippery.

G00fyDad

Part of the issue is that the MagicBand is not just another medium for the same Key to the World card. There is a yet to be fully disclosed tracking component involved and that is where the biggest issue exists. This gets compounded with the incentivization of the program which many feel is Disney seeking to effectively punish those who desire not to be tracked.

Sorry, but with your comment I get this image of families combat crawling through the parks and running from shadow to shadow to stay hidden. LOL

G00fyDad

Even if you do get sick of wearing it on your wrist after a couple days, you could always put it in a pocket. Being that it is made of rubber, it seems like it would be more difficult to slide out of your pocket. In comparison to things like wallets and plastic cards which are slippery.

Is it rubber? From the pictures I have seen it appears to be more of a sewn together vinyl material.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
If we go to Disneyland I only plan on doing 2 at Disneyland and 2 at DCA. The other days will be spent at the Santa Monica Pier, Hollywood, etc...

That sounds about right. I just got back from there.

One thing I would say...while Park Hoppers are nice at WDW, they aren't really required. At DLC, I would definately get Park Hoppers. The parks are much smaller, and you'll find that your "2 days at Disneyland, 2 at DCA" will turn more into..."do a few things at Disneyland, then hop over and do a few at DCA, catch a parade, go back to DLC"...as they are literally a short not even 2 minute walk from each other. Of course, season and crowds modify that statement, but not much.

G00fyDad

That sounds about right. I just got back from there.

One thing I would say...while Park Hoppers are nice at WDW, they aren't really required. At DLC, I would definately get Park Hoppers. The parks are much smaller, and you'll find that your "2 days at Disneyland, 2 at DCA" will turn more into..."do a few things at Disneyland, then hop over and do a few at DCA, catch a parade, go back to DLC"...as they are literally a short not even 2 minute walk from each other. Of course, season and crowds modify that statement, but not much.

If we go then it will be in October. That is one of the slower times at WDW (at least it used to be) but I am not sure about DLC.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I don't care to find the EXACT count on your posts in this thread, but you've taken it upon yourself to champion this ridiculous braclet. That, right there, is obnoxious. If you like the bracelet, great! But why continue to try to convince the rest of us that you are right about MB, and everyone else is wrong? If you dont believe that is what you were doing, go read through your OBNOXIOUS amount of posts.

So because you don't agree with him.. you find it suitable to label him obnoxious. Great job there.

If you want to share your opinion and not have anyone else share theirs too.. you might be interested in a blog instead of a discussion forum.

G00fyDad

From what I understood I thought they were rubber (If not rubber then a material similar to rubber). I could be wrong though.

Either way, I don't wear a watch because it bugs the crap outta me after a bit. I'm definitely getting this band (if they have it ready by October) and I'll put in my trip report how long it actually stays on my wrist. LOL

englanddg

One Little Spark...
If we go then it will be in October. That is one of the slower times at WDW (at least it used to be) but I am not sure about DLC.

October shouldn't be too bad, though I'm sure there are DLC regulars who could clarify better. Weekends at DLC are not like WDW weekends. Crowds swell with AP holders and locals. The whole park and area has a very different feel than WDW, which shocked me (as all I'd done prior to a month ago was WDW).

I will say this...it is NOT WORTH staying on property at DLC. You can save a lot of money staying literally a 5 minute walk away from the Disney hotels at one of the Partner resorts. You do lose Extra Magic Hours, but if going off season, it doesn't matter much.

I stayed at the DisneyLand Hotel, and it was fantastic, but I wouldn't do it again anytime soon for the cost, I don't think. My solo cost (I met a friend there who paid her half) was as much as a 10 day DCL cruise staying in a lower stateroom, or nearly a week and a half at WDW at a moderate resort WITH a Deluxe Dining Plan.

But, sorry, I don't want to derail the thread with my analysis.

I will get back on topic by saying...I WISH DLC had something like KTTW or Magicbands. They don't.

dupac

Thank you. I can respect your thoughts on this. However, it just hasn't gotten to that point with us, yet. Although, this year was the first time we have serious talked about not going to Disney World for a while after this year. I still can't bring myself to go to Universal so that means Disneyland in either California or Paris. We might even spend a week in Gatlinburg (6 hours from us here) since we both like that sort of thing too, but have never been.
Oh! Do Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg!! Its wonderful for what it is. I thoroughly enjoyed Dollywood and Ober Gatlinburg. And the Dixie Stampede. The mountains are beautiful as well.

Tomi-Rocket

I'm up for trying them on our upcoming trip this year, but only after I see some real reviews by people who've actually used them. I think they're pretty cool but I'll miss the KKTW cards.

My choice will be a purple one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom