MagicBands WILL become a thing...

Todd L

Yes, if you have multiple day tickets. There have been a bunch of scams lately. People have been selling days on multiple day tickets, so people would buy the tickets, then return them so the seller could sell the rest of the days to other customers.
God, I remember 20 years ago you could drive up and down international drive and they were reselling tickets at a discount out there!! Always thought they would put an end to that if they could....looks like they have!!

Jake Wilson

I would love the new bracelet, I like not worrying about losing my entrance pass or fast pass tickets. A plus as well is having the up to $50 dollar expense on the bracelet, I despise carrying cash with me in the parks. Who does not check their back pocket for their wallet or cash every 15 minutes or getting off of an attraction?

dupac

I think that's the piece that has a lot of people upset about NextGen. They evaluate it from OUR perspective but the people here know the system and often beat the system. NexGen isn't FOR us, per se, because we don't need it. We do our research and come prepared and everything else. But we're a very small percentage. NextGen is Disney adapting to the low-information, ill-informed guest whose life is built around the release of the next iPhone. Those folks are becoming an even bigger majority (of society, not just WDW vacationers), and their money is just as green as ours.

I think many people have too much information and can't decipher the good from the bad.

G00fyDad

Wow... You really think it's OK to just accept whatever Disney lays out for us? You have no thoughts that maybe instead of longer lines and more Fastpass distribution, Disney should actually give us more ATTRACTIONS?

Wow... assume things much? Where exactly do you think I was going with my statement? Don't try to drag me into a philosophical debate about the merits versus the failings of MM+. And don't come at me with any attitude that suggests I am okay with large crowds. Let me just ask you, an average citizen and in no way a major player behind the Disney curtain, a question.....

What you are going to do about the crowds increasing?

When you can give me a decent answer that solves that issue then we'll talk. ;)

Zac Skellington

Wow... assume things much? Where exactly do you think I was going with my statement? Don't try to drag me into a philosophical debate about the merits versus the failings of MM+. And don't come at me with any attitude that suggests I am okay with large crowds. Let me just ask you, an average citizen and in no way a major player behind the Disney curtain, a question.....

Well for starters... I'd quit making this thread all about me, (meaning you) and ask that 1.5 billion dollars (more like 2) be spent on giving the crowds a place to go do something REAL. Not stand in lines looking at their phones. If you want to praise this "magic" band, enjoy yourself. I don't mean to come off as combative, but I find your continuous posting on this thread more than obnoxious.

G00fyDad

Well for starters... I'd quit making this thread all about me, (meaning you) and ask that 1.5 billion dollars (more like 2) be spent on giving the crowds a place to go do something REAL. Not stand in lines looking at their phones. If you want to praise this "magic" band, enjoy yourself. I don't mean to come off as combative, but I find your continuous posting on this thread more than obnoxious.

Obnoxious?!?! LOL How exactly have I been obnoxious?? Keep in mind that I have not been at anyones throat in this entire thread until you mistook one comment from me and lashed out at me. So genius..... How exactly have I been obnoxious??

Seems to me that you took an innocent comment of mine and made it about you. Don't backpedal either. Explain how I have been obnoxious. Keep in mind that you appear to be the pot calling the kettle black here Mr. Personality.

Virtual Toad

How about choosing another destination for your vacation?

EDIT: That's not intended as a snarky comment, no offense intended... it's a serious question.

G00fyDad

How about choosing another destination for your vacation?

EDIT: That's not intended as a snarky comment, no offense intended... it's a serious question.

Okay, where is all of this coming from? Did my original comment get taken that far out of context? Or does everyone have such a rip roaring desire to tear into anyone that acts satisfied with things at Disney at times? I see crowds increasing, I cannot do anything about it, I still like going regardless of the crowds, so I'll just deal with it. If that bothers peoples delicate sensibilities then that is more about them than it is me. ;)

Zac Skellington

Obnoxious?!?! LOL How exactly have I been obnoxious?? Keep in mind that I have not been at anyones throat in this entire thread until you mistook one comment from me and lashed out at me. So genius..... How exactly have I been obnoxious??

Seems to me that you took an innocent comment of mine and made it about you. Don't backpedal either. Explain how I have been obnoxious. Keep in mind that you appear to be the pot calling the kettle black here Mr. Personality.
I don't care to find the EXACT count on your posts in this thread, but you've taken it upon yourself to champion this ridiculous braclet. That, right there, is obnoxious. If you like the bracelet, great! But why continue to try to convince the rest of us that you are right about MB, and everyone else is wrong? If you dont believe that is what you were doing, go read through your OBNOXIOUS amount of posts.

G00fyDad

I don't care to find the EXACT count on your posts in this thread, but you've taken it upon yourself to champion this ridiculous braclet. That, right there, is obnoxious. If you like the bracelet, great! But why continue to try to convince the rest of us that you are right about MB, and everyone else is wrong? If you dont believe that is what you were doing, go read through your OBNOXIOUS amount of posts.

Look pal. I suggest you actually go back and read the thread before you making a bigger idiot out of yourself. I have on many occasions IN THIS THREAD actually agreed with those that choose not to wear it. I just have no patience for people like you who are closed minded and refuse to acknowledge both sides of the argument. If you don;t like it deal with it, but keep your comments to yourself if you don't have the time or energy to read the thread before opening you mouth.

I am in NO WAY trying to make myself out as the Mr. Right Way here. So you can drop that load of garbage right there. If someone chooses to not wear the band, for whatever reason then I can respect that. And I have said as much many times now. Learn to read before you speak.

Virtual Toad

Okay, where is all of this coming from? Did my original comment get taken that far out of context? Or does everyone have such a rip roaring desire to tear into anyone that acts satisfied with things at Disney at times? I see crowds increasing, I cannot do anything about it, I still like going regardless of the crowds, so I'll just deal with it. If that bothers peoples delicate sensibilities then that is more about them than it is me. ;)

Again, no offense intended, I was just answering your question. The hassle factor has simply crossed a line for our family (and apparently others). So what to do about longer lines, tracking bracelets and FP+, the Dining Plan for attractions? We're simply taking our business elsewhere. I'm a huge Disney fan but nowhere does it state I'm tied to a lifetime contract.

If you feel differently, if you still feel the Magic and want to enjoy WDW, by all means go right ahead and don't feel the need to apologize. Go and have a great time. But you have to realize not everyone is going to agree with you.

G00fyDad

Again, no offense intended, I was just answering your question. The hassle factor has simply crossed a line for our family (and apparently others). So what to do about longer lines, tracking bracelets and FP+, the Dining Plan for attractions? We're simply taking our business elsewhere. I'm a huge Disney fan but nowhere does it state I'm tied to a lifetime contract.

If you feel differently, if you still feel the Magic and want to enjoy WDW, by all means go right ahead and don't feel the need to apologize. Go and have a great time. But you have to realize not everyone is going to agree with you.

Thank you. I can respect your thoughts on this. However, it just hasn't gotten to that point with us, yet. Although, this year was the first time we have serious talked about not going to Disney World for a while after this year. I still can't bring myself to go to Universal so that means Disneyland in either California or Paris. We might even spend a week in Gatlinburg (6 hours from us here) since we both like that sort of thing too, but have never been.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I'm actually keeping an open mind about the bracelets...for a few reasons.

I already take full advantage of the KTTW, and I don't like to carry much on the Parks, especially in terms of wallet type items. I keep $100, my photo State Issues ID, and my KTTW. That's it. Most of the time all I use is my KTTW, for various reasons.

Having done Universal, and even Disneyland, where the Dining Plan cards / tickets / etc are not unified, I love the KTTW.

That being said, I have lost items on trips, as they slide out of pockets, etc. I lost a camera (which later turned up) on my 2012 trip. If the bracelet isn't overly obtrusive (which, the big red version I've seen pictures of just looks uncomfortable...so I'll pass on that), I rather support the idea, at least enough to give it a try.

As long as cards are an option, I'm happy with the current state of things.

G00fyDad

I'm actually keeping an open mind about the bracelets...for a few reasons.

I already take full advantage of the KTTW, and I don't like to carry much on the Parks, especially in terms of wallet type items. I keep $100, my photo State Issues ID, and my KTTW. That's it. Most of the time all I use is my KTTW, for various reasons.

Having done Universal, and even Disneyland, where the Dining Plan cards / tickets / etc are not unified, I love the KTTW.

That being said, I have lost items on trips, as they slide out of pockets, etc. I lost a camera (which later turned up) on my 2012 trip. If the bracelet isn't overly obtrusive (which, the big red version I've seen pictures of just looks uncomfortable...so I'll pass on that), I rather support the idea, at least enough to give it a try.

As long as cards are an option, I'm happy with the current state of things.

While things slipping out of my pockets as I fish for my card/wallet is a concern, the only thing I've ever lost at Disney were sunglasses and I don't think the band will help me with that. At least I'd look pretty stupid using it for eye protection. I still want one even though I'd be willing to wager that I'll get sick of it after day 3 or 4.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Thank you. I can respect your thoughts on this. However, it just hasn't gotten to that point with us, yet. Although, this year was the first time we have serious talked about not going to Disney World for a while after this year. I still can't bring myself to go to Universal so that means Disneyland in either California or Paris. We might even spend a week in Gatlinburg (6 hours from us here) since we both like that sort of thing too, but have never been.

Gatlinburg is nice. Been a few times. Disneyland California is worth a visit, but if you've never been, don't think of it like WDW...it is not. 4 - 5 days at most...and straddle that over a weekend if going off season if you want to catch fireworks / world of color / etc...There is a lot of other stuff to do in that area though.

However, I will say Universal Orlando was a pleasant surprise. I went into the trip last year for a 3 day stay with rather low expectations, and I found the park, while it's not Disney, amazingly well run, clean and fun. I did have several complaints, one of which was food (I won't be doing their dining plan again anytime soon, whereas at Disney I swear by it). But, I thoroughly enjoyed it, and wish I'd tacked on a few more says for us to really sink into the experience.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
While things slipping out of my pockets as I fish for my card/wallet is a concern, the only thing I've ever lost at Disney were sunglasses and I don't think the band will help me with that. At least I'd look pretty stupid using it for eye protection. I still want one even though I'd be willing to wager that I'll get sick of it after day 3 or 4.

I think it would be fantastic for water parks.

G00fyDad

Gatlinburg is nice. Been a few times. Disneyland California is worth a visit, but if you've never been, don't think of it like WDW...it is not. 4 - 5 days at most...and straddle that over a weekend if going off season if you want to catch fireworks / world of color / etc...There is a lot of other stuff to do in that area though.

However, I will say Universal Orlando was a pleasant surprise. I went into the trip last year for a 3 day stay with rather low expectations, and I found the park, while it's not Disney, amazingly well run, clean and fun. I did have several complaints, one of which was food (I won't be doing their dining plan again anytime soon, whereas at Disney I swear by it). But, I thoroughly enjoyed it, and wish I'd tacked on a few more says for us to really sink into the experience.

If we go to Disneyland I only plan on doing 2 at Disneyland and 2 at DCA. The other days will be spent at the Santa Monica Pier, Hollywood, etc...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom