MagicBand+ announced

Chip Chipperson

I emailed over the weekend to ask about the status of my order placed on 7/27. The canned BS response was that they are "experiencing unprecedented delays in processing MagicBand+ orders," but that they will arrive before my check-in date (which is now less than a month away). The "unprecedented delays" are their own fault because they are clearly not processing orders in the order they were received based on the experiences shared in this thread - and there is no assurance that orders will arrive before resort stays. When I placed the order, I had no doubt that I'd receive the bands well before we leave home. Now? I'd say it's 50/50 whether they will ship before we leave or if I'll have to call and sit on hold for 2 hours just to get a resolution.

DisneyfanMA

not to dance on anyone's grave but I did order MB2 bands last week and they shipped today (for reference they actually showed up and also moved within UPS tracking a day or two after it said shipped on the disney store/email they sent me, it also oddly says on the UPS tracking that it will be handed over to USPS tomorrow for Fri delivery). It is an option for anyone on the fence about MB2 vs MB+, just throwing that out there.

Also can I wait to activate/link them? We plan to reveal the trip in a fun way to our kids early Oct and I was hoping to wait and let them each pick their color. I think I read on disney's site or here somewhere for some odd reason they have the things locked in....once you link it to a person in your MDE account, thats it FOR LIFE. no changing. haha .

Last edited:

RememberWhen

not to dance on anyone's grave but I did order MB2 bands last week and they shipped today. Says they will arrive in MA within the next day or two. It is an an option for anyone on the fence about MB2 vs MB+, just throwing that out there.

Also can I wait to activate/link them? We plan to reveal the trip in a fun way to our kids early Oct and I was hoping to wait and let them each pick their color. I think I read on disney's site or here somewhere for some odd reason they have the things locked in....once you link it to a person in your MDE account, thats it FOR LIFE. no changing. haha .
It depends on where you ordered them from. If it’s shop Disney, you should be able to wait. If it’s discounted as part of your resort stay, no. Those will already be linked.

Figments Friend

Chiming to say it looks like I am also not going to be getting my MB+ in time for my upcoming visit either.
Ordered through my MDE dscounted Resort choices on July 31st.
Was sure it would arrive by September.

I leave in 13 days for Florida.
Zip.
Nuthin'.
Still listed in the MDE account as 'processing your order' right next to the words that tell me these typically ship within 10 days of the date ordered.
Uh huh.....

Ordered one just for fun to try out, and because of the Resort discount.
So not terribly disappointed I won't have it for this visit.....but still:
This seems odd and not service friendly.
How can those who ordered recently be getting them within a week or so with no issues when others who ordered within the week of release almost two months ago are still awaiting shipment?
Seems a bit.....off.

-

Last edited:

Chip Chipperson

Chiming to say it looks like I am also not going to be getting my MB+ in time for my upcoming visit either.
Ordered through my MDE dscounted Resort choices on July 31st.
Was sure it would arrive by September.

I leave in 13 days for Florida.
Zip.
Nuthin'.
Still listed in the MDE account as 'processing your order' right next to the words that tell me these typically ship within 10 days of the date ordered.
Uh huh.....

Ordered one just for fun to try out, and because of the Resort discount.
So not terribly disappointed I won't have it for this visit.....but still:
This seems odd and not service friendly.
How can those who ordered recently be getting them within a week or so with no issues when others who ordered within the week of release almost two months ago are still awaiting shipment?
Seems a bit.....off.

-

I wonder if part of the issue is that Disney oversold their inventory for certain designs. I ordered a pink 50th band for my wife and a Toy Story band for myself. When I looked at ShopDisney today, the pink 50th band wasn't available but the Toy Story one was. Of course, this theory goes out the window if anyone ordered the pink 50th after 10 AM on 7/27 and received it already. Either way, the inventory management and order fulfillment has been embarrassingly bad.

Figments Friend

Well, well, well....what have we here....

( looks at email Inbox )

Today I recieved a shipping confirmation from Disney telling me my band is on the way.
🙂
We shall see if it makes it to me in time ( 12 days before departure ).
Gonna be close.....

Seeing this notice in my email however makes me breath a slight sigh of relieve.
At least now I know it has changed status after all this time.

Figures I wait all this time , then come here to 'complain'....and 'POOF' just like magic I finally get some movement there!
😆

I will check back in when it arrives.
Orange Bird needs to flutter those leafy wings quickly .....

-

Last edited:

correcaminos

Was shop disney. I'm staying off property in Nov.
I just got my misnamed MSEP MB+ from shop Disney today. You can definitely wait to link. There is a QR code on the back you can scan to easily help pair. Then a few cute color settings and motion settings as well. Mine came partially charged but enough to run the update right away. I have no immediate trip, I just wanted that band before it disappeared.

pdude81

Got mine when we returned from vacation. Bought one for my son on the trip for use with the Bounty hunter missions, which were fun. I honestly think one of these per party is enough. Also hard to see which color is flashing in the hot mid-day sun.

Understand that to use this to collect statues (which barely work) or bounty hunting, you will need to pair with phone and use play parks app as the person with the band. So if you have 3 kids, that's 3 play accounts and it's not super easy to sign out.

Now if they find a way to redo SOTMK with these bands and your phones, or other interactive games, they will bring more value.

Disneyson

I know it’s a cash thing, but given Disney’s tight connections with Apple, I’m really surprised that there is no Apple Watch “watch face” version of MagicBand+. It seems deeply intuitive and would probably look better than the slow-loading light designs on the physical versions. And because Genie+ at WDW doesn’t really work optimally, the ability to access these games could be a cute party favor too bundle into your daily purchase. I could even see micro transactions for each “quest” that could get you access to Fab 50, Bounty Hunters, etc, and then like unlock a special customization for your watch face.

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
Just an FYI -

I spoke with the help desk this morning on an unrelated issue, and she said

1. They were overwhelmed on drop day (amazing for them to be unaware, but they clearly were);
2. They are working with a third party for fulfillment (she said Shop Disney), so they don't have any real control over this; but
3. Consistent with what others above are reporting, they seem to be catching up and are making progress to filling orders - they are triaging this and sending out those with closer trips first, but that I should get my bands for a December trip in the next month or so.

So it's frustrating, but getting better. Hopefully.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I know it’s a cash thing, but given Disney’s tight connections with Apple, I’m really surprised that there is no Apple Watch “watch face” version of MagicBand+. It seems deeply intuitive and would probably look better than the slow-loading light designs on the physical versions. And because Genie+ at WDW doesn’t really work optimally, the ability to access these games could be a cute party favor too bundle into your daily purchase. I could even see micro transactions for each “quest” that could get you access to Fab 50, Bounty Hunters, etc, and then like unlock a special customization for your watch face.
I think Apple has been purposely careful to not get into the game of creating function specific watch faces for outside companies that Apple cannot fully control.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom