MagicBand+ announced

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I feel like a good way to plus the Magic Band might be to bring in a top notch hired gun like Nita Strauss on guitar. I also feel like the Cantina band from the Star Boom Boom movies dressed up as Disney characters would be a big hit.

cranbiz

I agree, this looks like they originally planned to put an lcd screen on it and then that part got cut from the project. Could have been basically a parks smart watch.
Also it could be that the screen was planned and they can't get them in sufficient quantities or at all now and changed the design so they can be produced. The chip shortage is real and so is the import/shipping delays at the ports.

dreamfinder

Do we know if these pucks can fit in regular MB bands? Would get even more confusing otherwise, not that WDW seems to care much about keeping things simply lately.

pdude81

Do we know if these pucks can fit in regular MB bands? Would get even more confusing otherwise, not that WDW seems to care much about keeping things simply lately.
The bands as is look to be a different shape so I assume the puck won't be a 1:1. The new ones look more flat at the top and sides rather than a true oval. Would be great if they were compatible though

Tink76

I thought the promo for the band was pretty cool with the interactive feature inside the parks… but they lost me on that whole echo dot look alike in your room.
I don’t need Mickey invading my personal space. I wonder if it will light up red instead of blue when it’s listening?

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Original Poster
I thought the promo for the band was pretty cool with the interactive feature inside the parks… but they lost me on that whole echo dot look alike in your room.
I don’t need Mickey invading my personal space. I wonder if it will light up red instead of blue when it’s listening?
The device is opt-in. The camera is permanently disabled and the microphone is off unless you turn it on.

CntrlFlPete

I've been regularly going to WDW for 30+ years, and worked at MK for several of them, and not once have I ever heard a CM proclaim that Disney would NEVER sell tickets that expire. That would be quite a lofty statement for a front-line CM to make in the first place.
I would not know if anyone ever said 'never' but I certainly recall the spiel on the tram from the parking lot to the TTC where they would say stuff like 'Disney tickets never expire' and 'Disney is open 365 days a year' so I could easily see people expected that as policy, but policies change.

Castle Cake Apologist

I would not know if anyone ever said 'never' but I certainly recall the spiel on the tram from the parking lot to the TTC where they would say stuff like 'Disney tickets never expire' and 'Disney is open 365 days a year' so I could easily see people expected that as policy, but policies change.

Exactly. At the time that those announcements were made, they were true. Tickets did not expire, and tickets sold at that time have still not expired and can be used to this day.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Original Poster
I do hope 'swimsuit' is also being brought along with your MagicBand and Crocs....

😋

-

baseball-eyebrows.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom