Magical Dreams really all that random?

I agree my wife and i feel that we will not get picked for any big prizes because we do not have kids. We are the kids. I realy feel this whole Year of a million dreams is a joke we are going on our third trip and know of many others that have gone multiple times and have not gotten anything or seen any one be granted something. We were at the Flower and garden fest. and some one was handing out seed packs and my wife said to the guy next to us must be a YOAMD, and we all laughed:ROFLOL:

Don't feel left out because you have no kids... We are the perfect family of 2 parents and 2 kids and during the dreams giveaway we have logged 14 days in the parks and have gotten nothing. Maybe our trip next month will be lucky for us but if I had to bet I put money on us getting absolutely nothing this time either. All these contest have one thing in common, they promise some great prizes but the majority of the people will get nothing whether you are a family or flying solo. If you are going to disney because you want to win something save your money and just enter through the mail, for the price of a ticket to the park you can buy a lot of stamps and probably have a better chance of winning mouse ears.

eagles

You were at AK and Asia wasn't on your "list"? No Kali? No Everest? :veryconfu

kali was on the list BUT for the very end of the day. incase we got soaked, which by the way, we did not. LOL we aren't really thrill ride people, so EE was fun to watch but we had no desire to go on it. we have a hard time on barnstormer. :ROFLOL:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I didn't think that losing your hair increased your chances of getting picked. Don't feel bad about being domed, though; it happens to the best of us.
I am going bald as well. (3 daughters so it was bound to happen) At this point I am thinking that I just might as well bring my own tutu so at least I have one that does not clash with my outfit.:lol:

eagles

I know it's OT, but I just wanted to congratulate you on being a great parent at this moment. I'm sure a lot of folks would have said "tough luck, I've got a plan". And of course maybe that's OK; every situation is different. But it warmed my heart to read that part of your story!

thank you!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Haha, my dad's got 3 girls and has had a ponytail for years to hide his bald spot (though he would never admit that's what it's for.) It does the trick :lol:
After seeing countless bad comb overs I refused to be one of those guys so about 6 years ago I walked into a supercuts and had my whole melon cut with a #2 guard and have never looked back. Good thing for me that the bald look is in at the moment.:lol:

ann0d1

This may sound stupid, but we are going in December, and I was wondering how you recognize the YOMD people? Do they were special clothing?:veryconfu

KingStefan

After seeing countless bad comb overs I refused to be one of those guys so about 6 years ago I walked into a supercuts and had my whole melon cut with a #2 guard and have never looked back. Good thing for me that the bald look is in at the moment.:lol:

Good for you! I just have this "tonsure" on the top and back, so you can't see it in my avatar, but I'm with you - I refuse to wear a combover. I keep my hair pretty short (not #2, though!) and if people behind don't like the glare, let 'em look away or wear sunglasses:lol:

BRER DAD

Good for you! I just have this "tonsure" on the top and back, so you can't see it in my avatar, but I'm with you - I refuse to wear a combover. I keep my hair pretty short (not #2, though!) and if people behind don't like the glare, let 'em look away or wear sunglasses:lol:

I shave my head with a razor to make me bald purposly........I like to belive the bald look thins out the face!:lol:

MrNonacho

Premium Member
I actually agree with Merf on this one. I spend quite a bit of time in the parks, and merf obviously does as well. I have noticed the same thing. I don't expect anyone to give me anything, I've just noticed the same things merf has.

Just because you see a family with a Dream Squad member doesn't mean that they won something. The Dream Squad people don't spend ALL their time giving out prizes. A lot of the time they are free to roam around the area, give impromptu tours and just interact with guests in general.

eroyee

I agree my wife and i feel that we will not get picked for any big prizes because we do not have kids. We are the kids. I realy feel this whole Year of a million dreams is a joke we are going on our third trip and know of many others that have gone multiple times and have not gotten anything or seen any one be granted something. We were at the Flower and garden fest. and some one was handing out seed packs and my wife said to the guy next to us must be a YOAMD, and we all laughed:ROFLOL:
My DH and I were all alone with no kids when we got our dream fastpasses at JIY at Epcot in the morning. so, they are random.........

MickeyCrazed

Been 3 times during YOMD, and received nothing. Actually, in all those visits, I never even saw the Dream Team.

However, we are going on a family trip in December. 7 of us between the ages of 40 and 85. (All big kids!)
Celebrating 2 birthdays while we are there, so we are hoping for a little bit of Magic!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Just because you see a family with a Dream Squad member doesn't mean that they won something. The Dream Squad people don't spend ALL their time giving out prizes. A lot of the time they are free to roam around the area, give impromptu tours and just interact with guests in general.

The ones outside of City Hall on Main Street USA having the family pose for a photo as they come from behind and give them a giant gift basket (usually bigger then the smallest child) are :)

brusoe

I hope me and the new wife get something that would eb so awesome!!!! If we won the night in the castle I dont think I would be able to drag her out of it!

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
This may sound stupid, but we are going in December, and I was wondering how you recognize the YOMD people? Do they were special clothing?:veryconfu

Yes they do. Here's one...let me try for better...
dream-squad.jpg

from this article:
http://images.google.com/imgres?img...q=disney+dream+squad&svnum=10&um=1&hl=en&sa=N

While searching for a picture, I came across this rather cute article about pursuing dream team members...

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...=Disney+dream+squad&gbv=2&svnum=10&hl=en&sa=G

aladdinjrstar

Account Suspended
Hmmm..... Randomness might be the factor but im not sure. My sister was in a gruop with 4 adults and 7 kids and she got picked to start the pochnahantes show!! And what a joke the women was: She ouclnt spell congratulation on the card. Then the next day at the MK she got picked to do a scavenger hunt to win magic! It is a diamond of magic! And thats a gruop of 13 ppl and the dreams we got were awarded to the same person. Talk about randomenss!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom