MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

Robert.W

I don’t think Disneyland Paris will ever bring back Disney Dreams!. What they need to do for whatever (and whenever) they replace Illuminations is create a new spectacle with a similar substance to Dreams, something that will evoke the same emotions in the spectators. I’m hoping that after the Lake Disney show, we will see the nighttime show return to Parc Disneyland for the 30th anniversary.

mharrington

Jeff from ED92 published a new rumor regarding DLP's Disneyland Park. He himself is a bit doubtful about it, but I thought I'd share regardless.
A mini land, ressembling DL's Toon Town, would be coming between Discoveryland and IASW. The zone would mainly feature the Mickey & Minnie Runaway Railway ride, and meet & greets.

The zone highlighted below is about 19.000 m² (GMR showbuilding is roughly 6.000 m²).

I have a question: since one of this land's meet-n-greets will likely be for Mickey, what will happen to the other Mickey meet-n-greet, the one held here?

Inside, it looks similar (if not identical) to the Mickey meet-n-greet at WDW's Magic Kingdom:
n013060_2017juin30_meet-mickey_926x351-700x265.jpg

I thought both spots were to be permanent. At least, that's how Florida's version is presented.

mickeyfan5534

I have a question: since one of this land's meet-n-greets will likely be for Mickey, what will happen to the other Mickey meet-n-greet, the one held here?

Inside, it looks similar (if not identical) to the Mickey meet-n-greet at WDW's Magic Kingdom:
n013060_2017juin30_meet-mickey_926x351-700x265.jpg

I thought both spots were to be permanent. At least, that's how Florida's version is presented.
Turn it back into a theatre. Disneyland Park needs a theatre to match the ones in the Studios

Robert.W

A successor to Cathrine Powell has been announced today. Natacha Rafalski was revealed to be taking up the position (with immediate effect) of Présidente of Disneyland Paris in a press release today. Previously she had held the role of Chief Financial Officer since joining Disneyland Paris in 2017 and had also been responsible for a number of other key areas such as real estate, transformation, corporate alliances and operating participants.
Catherine Powell said:
It is a very exciting time for Disneyland Paris as we continue to transform our organization and move forward with the expansion of our resort. Natacha has proven to be an exceptional leader with a global viewpoint who has the versatility and experience needed to lead the continued success of Disneyland Paris.

Natacha Rafalski said:
I am incredibly honored and excited to assume this position at such a transformational time for the resort. France holds a special place in my heart, and I’m looking forward to leading and growing the business as we continue to build on and expand the promise of Europe’s top tourist destination.

http://disneylandparis-news.com/en/natacha-rafalski-appointed-to-presidente-of-disneyland-paris/

Last edited:

Trekkie101

A bit of a day for Disneyland Paris yesterday

- New president in Natacha which is definitely interesting given her input on the Shanghai project - especially since she was in the negotiating team with the Chinese govt. France is certainly not China in that regard but can be equally demanding, perhaps more so now that it isn’t French govt cash in play.

- Infinity annual pass holders can from today book exclusive viewing spots for shows and parades online, previously by phone call only. They can also book hotel pool slots (even if staying offsite).

- Hotel New York closes 6th Jan for it’s Marvel overhaul. Expect more of a sneak peak on the 5th of upcoming plans.

- New Year Parade will be 1 hour long with 32 floats and 140 characters which is pretty awesome in length. Features some new floats or overlays with new music.

mharrington

The other thing about a potential Toontown-like area is that there is something like it already in the Studios, namely Toon Studios, albeit mostly as a backdrop, but it still counts:
iu

Robert.W

I half imagine Aladdin magic carpets are for the chop along with the toon town background as part of a little pixar overhaul to cement the whole area as pixar rather than cartoons. All other properties are already pixar.
I’d like to imagine at some point that that area will become themed to the Finding Nemo / Dory movies. It would make some sense, as then the Pixar area would be comprised of three distinct themed areas; Toy Story, Ratatouille, and Nemo / Dory.

Just thinking, Animagic Theatre could host a version of Animal Kingdom’s Finding Nemo: The Musical (Mickey and the Magician could be moved over to the Studio Theatre perhaps?), and rides like the Flying Carpets and Cars Quatre Roues Rallye could quite easily be modified to fit in with the Nemo / Dory theme (especially should an entire new Cars Land be created at some point in the future).

:)

SWGalaxysEdge

Hey everyone! I am WAY too early but if there is ever news about the Star Wars Galaxy's Edge construction, I'd love to hear about it.
Merry Christmas!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom