MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
Disney Jr show is apparently closing in April. That means three WDSP attractions will close for good in the next 4 months (the others being Armageddon and Art of Animation).

Interesting that Disney Jr and Restaurant des Stars would close or be remodeled, but not Stitch Live. Maybe they'll keep the same show format, but swap Stitch for some Marvel character.

SweetDuffy101

I know im kinda off topic here, But Disneyland Paris Nighttime Spectaculars Still by far the Best shows ever produce in a park, Compared to other theme parks in general, Disney Dreams is the Crown Jewel of Nighttime Spectaculars and Disney Illuminations Even though its a rehash of the Shanghai version, Still has its Wow Factor and a perfect fit for a Nighttime Spectacular.

Paris Castle May not be the biggest castle in the world but it sure is the most perfect Castle Ever built in a Disney Park hands down.

Franklin47disneyguy

Disney Jr show is apparently closing in April. That means three WDSP attractions will close for good in the next 4 months (the others being Armageddon and Art of Animation).

Interesting that Disney Jr and Restaurant des Stars would close or be remodeled, but not Stitch Live. Maybe they'll keep the same show format, but swap Stitch for some Marvel character.

Stitch will go eventually, presumably they replace it with a marvel store. that way they can keep stitch running longer.

cjkeating

I didn't think 'Marvel Land' was going to extend quite as forward as the Disney Junior/Stitch building. I wonder if this is just going to be a swap out to the DHS/DCA style Disney Junior show?

peep

I didn't think 'Marvel Land' was going to extend quite as forward as the Disney Junior/Stitch building. I wonder if this is just going to be a swap out to the DHS/DCA style Disney Junior show?

There was talk on Twitter of some sort of Dr Strange show but not sure if that was like an outside thing or replacing Disney Jr.

I'd be shocked if Stitch doesn't leave by the time the full Marvel area opens.

fradz

It has not been pushed back again, it was a mistake of dates from the official calendar of refurbs (which said the ride was still closed in March 2020 instead of March 2019; refurbs are never communicated 15 months ahead!)

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
Hotel New York is now closed for its Marvel makeover and will reopen in the summer of 2020. More details here:

https://www.ed92.org/the-art-of-marvel/

+ this concept art for the renovated Parkside Diner:

1546837468891.png

peep

I love the look of the hotel update, it all just looks sleek and modern - a proper 4* hotel experience.

I saw some peeps moaning on twitter that it doesn't look very Marvel themed and I'm confused, all the hotel re-designs have only had subtle references to IPs - really not sure what they were expecting here.

Robert.W

Going to be entirely honest here; that concept above looks very bland and generic, especially for Disney. I get that it’s supposed to be sleek and modern, but there’s nothing there that makes it unique or distinguish it from any other non-Disney modern, sleek hotel. However I’ve seen the other concepts as well, and in general, I think the transformation will be an improvement, espeacilly in terms of the new rooms which look much nicer than the old ones.

Trekkie101

WDS expansion news on the french consultation site.

3 hectare lake - about three rugby pitches in size

9,800m frozen land - about 1 rugby pitch in size

19,000m Star Wars land - about two rugby pitches in size.

All done by 2026.

Attachments

• 13803BFE-F9A6-4A50-AC93-684562B0F829.jpeg
    13803BFE-F9A6-4A50-AC93-684562B0F829.jpeg
    103.7 KB · Views: 239

So the Star Wars area will be about 1/3th the size of SW:GE as it's being built in DL and DHS. Sounds like a great start since that's just an element of this expansion!

Trekkie101

So the Star Wars area will be about 1/3th the size of SW:GE as it's being built in DL and DHS. Sounds like a great start since that's just an element of this expansion!

That’s just the floor space, its likely once you take in buildings, infrastructure, theming etc, probably to see it nearly double that size. I would think.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom