MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
Via the app. What’s the issues?

Can't even open it. Tried deleting and reinstalling the app. Same issues. Will have to try on another device.

The two restaurants I want to book the most are Walt's (if it's even open) and Pym, but I don't think I can now anyway as I booked off site, though with an official package.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Can't even open it. Tried deleting and reinstalling the app. Same issues. Will have to try on another device.

The two restaurants I want to book the most are Walt's (if it's even open) and Pym, but I don't think I can now anyway as I booked off site, though with an official package.
That’s unusual. It’s normally more stable than that unless it’s an old iOS. Want me to have a look at your dates for availability? Off site should have 2 months ahead. I think you can still book via phone as a plan b.

Kevin_W

We stayed off-site the week before Christmas (which I assumed would be busy) and had no problems with ADR's at any place we would have liked.

We booked Pym's not realizing it was a buffet and not QS like in DCA but that was probably a happy mistake - it was excellent, both in the quality of the food and the playfulness of the presentation.

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
We booked Pym's not realizing it was a buffet and not QS like in DCA but that was probably a happy mistake - it was excellent, both in the quality of the food and the playfulness of the presentation.

I ate at Pym's in DCA where I stood in the sun forever just to get inside, so I welcome the buffet.

I ate there when it was still Restaurant des Stars. Very plain, bare interior, but the food was actually good.

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
That’s unusual. It’s normally more stable than that unless it’s an old iOS. Want me to have a look at your dates for availability? Off site should have 2 months ahead. I think you can still book via phone as a plan b.

I think I should be OK.

I'm trying to overlap the end of the 30th and Halloween in the same trip. Hoping things like the Pixar show, Dreams and Mickey & the Magician run through the end of September and there are no major rides down in the fall.

I also already know what souvenirs I want too. The Art of DLP book, the puzzle of the fun map and the monopoly game...if all are in stock.

yensidtlaw1969

It’s a clip show, but it’s something they didn’t have to do. Kudos.

I can't help but wish Disney Studios Paris had an icon that could be used for such shows that was a little more . . . not thematically neutral . . . maybe thematically versatile?

At least (most of) the properties projected on The Chateau fall under the thematic umbrella that the structure stands in representation of. It really speaks to the discord of DSP that the Avengers take over the Hollywood Tower Hotel for no real reason beyond there not being another meaningful structure to do it on.

Short of that, it might have been nice to see some sort of "Stark Tower" or similar building added with Avengers Campus to create a weenie that can also act as a surface/backdrop for these sorts of shows.

Last edited:

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
I can't help but wish Disney Studios Paris had an icon that could be used for such shows that was a little more . . . not thematically neutral . . . maybe thematically versatile?

At least (most of) the properties projected on The Chateau fall under the thematic umbrella that the structure stands in representation of. It really speaks to the discord of DSP that the Avengers take over the Hollywood Tower Hotel for no real reason beyond there not being another meaningful structure to do it on.

Short of that, it might have been nice to see some sort of "Stark Tower" or similar building added with Avengers Campus to create a weenie that can also act as a surface/backdrop for these sorts of shows.

The other alternative is to turn the former Motors Action arena into a venue for night time shows. Might have to flip the orientation of the seating and stage area so you can launch stuff behind it.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The Avengers E would be a pretty lofty building and also a backdrop to the actual land.

Im not a huge fan of using the hotel as a screen - anywhere - but it should be a short term stop gap until they have the lake. It worked very well - and was fully in theme - in 2008 but given the more permanent infrastructure they’ve added since then I do wonder if we will still see shows on the hotel after the lake opens.

Still. In the meantime, as a short nightly show I won’t take anything away from a once struggling park that not long ago was lucky if it had a 7pm closing anytime of year. Let alone it’s not high season and not an upcharge event.

Last edited:

IMDREW

The Avengers E would be a pretty lofty building and also a backdrop to the actual land.

Im not a huge fan of using the hotel as a screen - anywhere - but it should be a short term stop gap until they have the lake. It worked very well - and was fully in theme - in 2008 but given the more permanent infrastructure they’ve added since then I do wonder if we will still see shows on the hotel after the lake opens.

Still. In the meantime, as a short nightly show I won’t take anything away from a once struggling park that not long ago was lucky if it had a 7pm closing anytime of year. Let alone it’s not high season and not an upcharge event.
The Avengers E-ticket would or will??

Sir_Cliff

Is Hong Kong getting its Avengers E-ticket?

Is DCA getting its Avengers E-ticket?

Is anyone getting an Avengers E-ticket?
It's kind of amazing that Disney has the rights to such an amazingly popular movie franchise that would seem tailor-made for a theme park attraction and yet they seem so reluctant to commit to anything beyond the "campus" model of meet and greets, some live entertainment, and shops and restaurants.

lazyboy97o

It's kind of amazing that Disney has the rights to such an amazingly popular movie franchise that would seem tailor-made for a theme park attraction and yet they seem so reluctant to commit to anything beyond the "campus" model of meet and greets, some live entertainment, and shops and restaurants.
And some people still think any day now Disney is going to buy the rights back from Universal.

J4546

Reminds me of universal.and fast and furious lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom