MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

cjkeating

And the drones. And the new Nautilus. And the rebuilt iasw. And the new Pixar show.
This really does feel like a part 2 to the 30th. Which kind of makes sense when the 30th launched coming out of a touch and go COVID impacted winter and everything that had happened before it during the reopening.

jrhwdw

This really does feel like a part 2 to the 30th. Which kind of makes sense when the 30th launched coming out of a touch and go COVID impacted winter and everything that had happened before it during the reopening.
Maybe. Although DLP was making Progress before the 30th. Dazzling Christmas Parade was a hit! Illuminations and Stars On Parade returned.

yensidtlaw1969

And the drones. And the new Nautilus. And the rebuilt iasw. And the new Pixar show.
Do you have any insight into what's changed at the Nautilus? It's one of my absolute favorites anywhere, I had assumed it was closed for some COVID-related reason so I'm thrilled to hear instead there's been some plussing!

LondonTom

Well, I take everything I said last night back!! DISNEY DREAMS!!
The Marvel Drone show seems cool too, characters are confirmed to be out at Avengers Campus (it could still do with the shows but I am forgiving them in exchange for Dreams coming back!).

Very solid news overall for the Disney Parks but ...DLP has done well too, they should have led with this news 😂

I've been in the final stages of getting my March trip fully planned out (booked Eurostar tickets today!) and debating getting an AP again or not. Looks like I am going full infinity again 😂😂😂

Den Carter

We fell into the old AP trap: for a 3-day trip before Christmas it was slightly cheaper to just get AP's (free parking, 10% off meals, and the real kicker bring the extra hour in the morning). But now that we have AP's... hey, flights over spring break were only $450 to CDG...
That's the same trap that's been snaring me for the last eight years. No regrets, though 😂

LondonTom

We fell into the old AP trap: for a 3-day trip before Christmas it was slightly cheaper to just get AP's (free parking, 10% off meals, and the real kicker bring the extra hour in the morning). But now that we have AP's... hey, flights over spring break were only $450 to CDG...
Currently falling into that trap right now 😂
Started off thinking, it would be nice to go back at Christmas too, now I am thinking of a another trip for Dreams in the summerish 😂

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
If you book a package through the official site, but it's for an off site hotel, do you still need to make park reservations? Can you still make dining reservations online?

Swissmiss

Premium Member
If you book a package through the official site, but it's for an off site hotel, do you still need to make park reservations? Can you still make dining reservations online?

Isn‘t it usually cheaper to book those hotels directly and buy the tickets from the DLP website? (At least it used to be that way years ago)

ETA: If you buy the dated tickets from the DLP website you do not have to make park reservations. That being said, it will block out the date if no more reservations are available.

Last edited:

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
Isn‘t it usually cheaper to book those hotels directly and buy the tickets from the DLP website? (At least it used to be that way years ago)

Haven't looked into that yet, but booking a partner hotel as an official package does make it easy to add on things like character meals and excursions at the time of booking, while also saving money vs staying on site.

The main things you loose are EMH and being able to book dining more than 60 days out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom