MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Because their focus has been on the park that needed an overhaul. DLP is doing just fine at present. Right now I have far more trust in those running DLP than I do with those running WDW.
DL Parc does need more capacity, but WDSP needs it more. And will continue to for a few years yet.

If Disneyland got something with an ORC north of 2k in Adventureland, something similar in Fantasyland and something attractive in the Discoveryland Theatre it would be approaching perfection distribution wise. Bonus point for using the Pizza Planet plot for its original intention too.

A no brainier would be Runaway Railway next to small world, but it would be a no brainer in WDSP too - and that needs it more. And of course more appropriate. I dare say the DCA / MK Mermaid would be a good choice for fantasyland where the IP would be suitable.

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
Frozen should have been the expansion of Fantasyland.

Not only does it fit the theme better, it works best for DLP's Fantasyland specifically, where the land is arranged in geographic clusters representing different parts of Europe. We already have an Italian street, French courtyard, Alpine corner, British square, a Scandinavian village would have worked wonderfully.

yensidtlaw1969

DL Parc does need more capacity, but WDSP needs it more. And will continue to for a few years yet.

If Disneyland got something with an ORC north of 2k in Adventureland, something similar in Fantasyland and something attractive in the Discoveryland Theatre it would be approaching perfection distribution wise. Bonus point for using the Pizza Planet plot for its original intention too.

A no brainier would be Runaway Railway next to small world, but it would be a no brainer in WDSP too - and that needs it more. And of course more appropriate. I dare say the DCA / MK Mermaid would be a good choice for fantasyland where the IP would be suitable.
I agree that Runaway Railway makes more sense to me in DSP than it does in Fantasyland - I'd much rather see Fantasyland get an (altered? Refined? Improved?) version of the Mermaid dark ride over by Small World. Wasn't there talk at one point of a beefed-up Mermaid dark ride being designed for Tokyo Disney Sea? Maybe bring that over? The version at MK and DCA isn't really worth building again as-is.

Has there been any talk of DLP getting something new in their Adventureland? The perennial Indiana Jones Adventure EMV rumors seem to lightly persist, but I'd love to hear that there's actually been talk of something, even if it's something different.

fradz

Expansion 😊
TRON CONFIRMED!!!1!1!!

I'm a simple man, I just wanna see 2 things in DLP: IJA & Mermaid.

1648057355284.png

G.L.A.D.I.O

Do we know what this expansion would’ve been?
-Journey into the center of the Earth in the late 90's / beginning of the 00's
-Tron coaster was firstly envisioned for DLP in 2007/2008 because of europeans' thirst for speed (most of the R&D were reused for SDL)
-Star Wars mini land envisioned in 2013 with the opening date set in 2016 with Star Tours 2, a Cantina, Jedi academy, E-ticket and shops (most of those R&D paid by DLP have once again benefit other parks instead, the US Parks..)

And a Big Hero 6 version of Soarin' was considered at one point during Tom Wolber' era apparently, but this one could have been for the WDS Park...

fradz

-Tron coaster was firstly envisioned for DLP in 2007/2008 because of europeans' thirst for speed (most of the R&D were reused for SDL)
-Star Wars mini land envisioned in 2013 with the opening date set in 2016 with Star Tours 2, a Cantina, Jedi academy, E-ticket and shops (most of those R&D paid by DLP have once again benefit other parks instead, the US Parks..)

And a Big Hero 6 version of Soarin' was considered at one point during Tom Wolber' era apparently, but this one could have been for the WDS Park...
I’ve heard these in the past but they were no more than very blue sky ideas as far as I know, “bruits de couloirs “ in French, and not seriously considered, or am I mistaken?

Centauri Space Station

It's like the have a plan for things and a commitment to follow through, all while trying to refresh entertainment and maintain show quality.

If only WDW were so lucky.
How is a frozen ever after clone and half of SWGE better? Avengers does look a lot better than it’s DCA counterpart I will say, but WDSP still has a ways to go before it can rank above worst Disney park around.

Robbiem

Really interesting I had no idea DLP funded so much R&D which was built elsewhere while not getting much back

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom