MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

Sir_Cliff

Finally!

It looks like it could potentially be a bit bland and too similar to other shopping centres (like Val d'Europe up the road) but honestly anything will be better than the current situation. I like the look of the Cafe Mickey replacement too.
I also wish it looked a less bland and, if I'm honest, I can't say I love the concept art. That said, I share everyone's excitement that so much is happening at DLP these days and it is certainly an improvement on what's there.

The pandemic certainly seemed to slow them down a lot less than was the case at WDW and it is so nice to see the resort continuing to come into its own.

LondonTom

Yeah I'm in the can't get too excited, it looks bland camp. Village no doubt needs an update, but would rather they just cleaned up what we currently have than it really bland.

Sad we're losing Cafe Mickey, the food and service was rubbish but it was always lot of fun in there and its sad to lose a character dinning spot (giving us 2 one DLH reopens?)

mrflo

While I am also a bit sceptical about those visuals and hope that Disney Village will not transform into a more generic outdoor shopping mall, I am definitely glad that there is some needed development.

When reading the full press release there were actually two things that made me more excited again:

"...by night, thousands of lights will transform the area into a bustling wonderland.

When the transformation is complete, Disney Village will feature a relaxing lakeside park and boardwalk, enhanced pedestrian walkways, brand-new facades, relaxing terraces and patios, and lush landscaping.

Maybe I am reading too much into this. But I really miss all the light bulbs above Festival Disney/Disney Village from its early years. Hopefully that means some form of comeback. Also rumours are suggesting that another hotel would be part of the expansion. So adding a Boardwalk style area with hotel, restaurants and entertainment like in WDW would be a great addition and perfect transition to the NPBC.

Source: DISNEYLAND PARIS ANNOUNCES A MULTI-YEAR TRANSFORMATION PLAN FOR DISNEY VILLAGE

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Wait... the new Disney Village construction will start by the end of 2022? This year?? Are we sure this is Disney? Disney doesn't do short construction cycles anymore, this must be a misprint. ;)

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Idk they still have a lot to catch up on to Disney springs and WDSP is still a mess but hopefully it can be better. DLP still needs more additions it hasn’t been touched in years.

Because their focus has been on the park that needed an overhaul. DLP is doing just fine at present. Right now I have far more trust in those running DLP than I do with those running WDW.

Sir_Cliff

Because their focus has been on the park that needed an overhaul. DLP is doing just fine at present. Right now I have far more trust in those running DLP than I do with those running WDW.
I agree. I also think their focus with DLP in terms of restoring and plussing the original attractions and theming was the right move. Completely different philosophy to what we're seeing at WDW, focussing on raising the quality of the product before moving on to new, marketable additions.

LondonTom

Opening date, of course.
I was looking at Hotels on a rumoured date from a twitter account and the Art of Marvel has a few weekends that are mysteriously booked up from the 25th June. 👀

(Its damn expensive to go DLP in the summer without an AP too! Been spoiled pre-plague times!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom