MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

Robbiem

It’s common in existing buildings but new use of asbestos is banned in UK and European Union. The US actually does not have a similar complete ban on asbestos but it is gone from building materials. There have also been efforts to remove asbestos from buildings.

Asbestos handling depends on the type and what you are doing. A lot of the time its OK to leave asbestos in place so long as its not disturbed. Its when you start disturbing it by building works etc that you need to be careful, as this is when the toxic particles tend to be released into the air.

It really is amazing how many places used asbestos in all kinds of things from concrete to brake pads

ToTBellHop

Marvel rumor passes the smell test with the land opening next year. Can’t say I’d mind a 150 foot Scarlett Johansson on the castle…

I mean, if they are going to do it anyway, I might as well look.

Throw Thor up there, too, so everyone is happy.

Markiewong

I thought the Star Wars section was very jarring and didn’t fit at all. Getting rid of BatB and throwing Marvel in there now, too? 🤬May as well make it all live action remake content, plus SW and Marvel - It’d be a true Iger-IP-Fest! 🤮🤮🤮
You do know that the BATB segment was the live action right ;)?

Rich Brownn

Asbestos handling depends on the type and what you are doing. A lot of the time its OK to leave asbestos in place so long as its not disturbed. Its when you start disturbing it by building works etc that you need to be careful, as this is when the toxic particles tend to be released into the air.

It really is amazing how many places used asbestos in all kinds of things from concrete to brake pads
There was a pavilion at the 1939/40 NY World's Fair dedicated to the new "wonder" material, asbestos LOL

This looks awesome!!

1639058314296.png
1639058337408.png

1639058271599.png
1639058288322.png

Sir_Cliff

That would be awful (even before the plague I did have one). Just open it back as a restaurant, its not like its not needed.

If they want to do something like, just like infinity pass holders into the shareholders longue 👀
Yes, what have they got against restaurants at DLP?

In my experience, dining can be frustrating as the restaurants fill to capacity around mealtimes. However, not only will they not add any more, they keep the ones they have bolted shut. It seems strange to me that pricey, sit-down restaurants aren't something Disneyland Paris feels it can make money on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom