MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Is the new daytime/nighttime Christmas parade the one rumored to be designed by Kevin and Jody? I seem to recall someone on Twitter saying they're involved in the design of an upcoming parade, just unsure which one (this one or the 30th Anniversary one).

jrhwdw

Is the new daytime/nighttime Christmas parade the one rumored to be designed by Kevin and Jody? I seem to recall someone on Twitter saying they're involved in the design of an upcoming parade, just unsure which one (this one or the 30th Anniversary one).
Is the 30th Parade still on track? Since Stars On Parade doesn't return till January 2022?

Have to say I'm shocked and pleased by the new Christmas Parade! I thought that DLP was going for hip/modern when we heard about this before COVID. Now it looks elegant and classy to me!

Last edited:

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Is the 30th Parade still on track? Since Stars On Parade doesn't return till January 2022?

Have to say I'm shocked and pleased by the new Christmas Parade! I thought that DLP was going for hip/modern when we heard about this before COVID. Now it looks elegant and classy to me!
Maybe there's a casting issue that requires them to restart Stars in January instead? That show is heavy on performers, at least compared to the new Christmas parade (from the looks of it at least). If the original 30th plans are still on the table, they'll probably want to give both Stars and Illuminations a farewell run like Happily Ever After and Epcot Forever did in WDW pre-50th.

Did they say the soundtrack of the new Christmas parade is hip/modern like Stars? The last one ("Christmas is Here") is a mix of both an orchestral and modern sound, I think.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
I wasnā€™t under the impression there was going to be a new parade for the 30th?
I've heard nothing about a 30th parade but I'd be surprised if they didn't swap in/out some floats.
The 30th Anniversary parade was revealed by Bruno Chastain early last year, though I wouldn't be surprised if this was cut due to the pandemic.

Markiewong

A new parade every 5 year is basically Disneyland Parisā€™ excuse for not building new attractions since 1995.

Most of the time only half of the parade is new though. They tend to reuse/reskin and copy parade floats from other parks to create a parade.

cjkeating

The 30th Anniversary parade was revealed by Bruno Chastain early last year, though I wouldn't be surprised if this was cut due to the pandemic.

Ah yes. I had forgotten about that. I was never quite sure if he meant a new parade of a 'new' parade. If you get what I mean.

Either way I am sure we'll find out soon.

I like Stars on Parade so I'd take a plussed SoP if we can get something to replace Illuminations... šŸ¤®

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Ah yes. I had forgotten about that. I was never quite sure if he meant a new parade of a 'new' parade. If you get what I mean.

Either way I am sure we'll find out soon.

I like Stars on Parade so I'd take a plussed SoP if we can get something to replace Illuminations... šŸ¤®
Now that I think about it more, I *think* it's this one that's rumored to be designed by Kevin and Jody, but we'll see in a couple of weeks/months once DLP announces the 30th offerings.

Yeah, Illuminations has run its course, but I dread to think about its replacement if the rumor of it reusing elements from Shanghai's Illuminate is true. Although, will they even reactivate the on-castle pyro launchers and isopar shooters post-refurb for Illuminations? I mean they did contribute a lot to the deterioration of the castle since 2012 when Dreams! premiered...

Last edited:

cjkeating

Now that I think about it more, I *think* it's this one that's rumored to be designed by Kevin and Jody, but we'll see in a couple of weeks/months once DLP announces the 30th offerings.

Yeah, Illuminations has run its course, but I dread to think about its replacement if the rumor of it reusing elements from Shanghai's Illuminate is true. Although, will they even reactivate the on-castle pyro launchers and isopar shooters post-refurb for Illuminations? I mean they did contribute a lot to the deterioration of the castle since 2012 when Dreams! premiered...
I haven't watched anything from Illuminate as I thought there was a chance it would come to Paris... it can't be worse than Illuminations/Ignite the Dream?

Can't we just have Happily Ever After? šŸ˜…

jrhwdw

A new parade every 5 year is basically Disneyland Parisā€™ excuse for not building new attractions since 1995.

Most of the time only half of the parade is new though. They tend to reuse/reskin and copy parade floats from other parks to create a parade.
TDL does the same thing and no one complains......

LondonTom

I haven't watched anything from Illuminate as I thought there was a chance it would come to Paris... it can't be worse than Illuminations/Ignite the Dream?

Or an updated Dreams would do nicely.
That was called WDSP.
As long they keep treating it basically as an extension with tickets I think we can all be grateful for nothing new ruining the beauty of Parc Disneyland and the warehouses getting shoved over there. (Could do with Hyperspace Mountain going back to the moon, and something that fits better than Phillarmagic in Discoveryland mindšŸ‘€)

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No

Illuminate is a bit similar to Happily Ever After IMO: adjective/idea-based, franchise-driven storyline (though now with an emphasis on "light" and "shadows") that uses some nice imagery, good music, and some fireworks. It's not as stirring as HEA or Dreams though, and I find that the Marvel section goes on for a bit too long (like it's been shoved in there in lieu of something else I feel). It's way better than Ignite the Dream though!

Since the Hunchback segment in Dreams shows how nice projection-mapped stained glass would look on the castle, I wouldn't mind Paris inheriting Happily Ever After. There's precedent in Paris getting the same nighttime show as WDW's anyway. They just have to update some sections for it to be "new" enough and reconfigure the existing projection mapping on the castle.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom