MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
In case anybody wasn't convinced of the impact of fastpass yet. The queue is completly full and the wait time is 35 minutes.
View attachment 578238
View attachment 578239
I expect that line to look even shorter with no distancing rules (in theory you should still be one metre from the party in front - on average we found this halved the physical queue space)

Indy_UK

So early days show that by getting rid of free fast passes, the overall wait times are pretty good and lower than before. Plus so few people are paying for FO per ride that it doesn’t even make a difference?

Jon81uk

So early days show that by getting rid of free fast passes, the overall wait times are pretty good and lower than before. Plus so few people are paying for FO per ride that it doesn’t even make a difference?

I think the guest numbers in the park are relatively low die to the pandemic though, so waits are short.
Once crowds are more back to normal it will be interesting to see how many people are willing to pay to queuejump.

wdrive

I think the guest numbers in the park are relatively low die to the pandemic though, so waits are short.
Once crowds are more back to normal it will be interesting to see how many people are willing to pay to queuejump.

The last few days same day reservations have been unavailable so it would suggest the parks are at capacity, while not as busy as a usual summer day, it’s still far from quiet. But yes it will be interesting, €15 to skip a line is much more tempting when that line is an hour instead of 15 minutes.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Unscientific straw poll results but regular checking of the app shows Crushes Coaster regularly activating the standby pass system at the moment and consistently shows no more than a 45 minute wait - which one assumes is the current capacity of the queue space.

They can still poke premier access where the sun don’t shine mind.

LondonTom

Oh fireworks!

Apart from the crowds in the day (even then they wasn't to bad if you timed it right with the rides, though I guess thats where being semi regular visitors has its perks as you don't feel like your missing out when its overly crowded and can go just chill at a bar or the hotel pool), when I last went to the NYE party in 2019 it was fantastic!

LondonTom

I am guessing then this is all based on the MaxPass tech from Disneyland? (Makes sense).

Would be cool if in the future, that you could use a magic band (or a new version for this) rather than your phone as the RFID for your account. (Easier to let kids have a little freedom in the park etc then)

Last edited:

peep

I do quite like a lot of the themed scanners they've been installing (the one for Buzz is fab). Here's a great Twitter thread of some others that have popped up:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom