MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

cjkeating

Concept art for Disney Village.
In French but you can look at the pretty pictures or use something to translate.

I know you can't be too demanding as a DLP fan but I just want the Disney Village revamp now... I was convinced this would be a project done between the 25th and 30th whereas now I'd imagine it's a ready for the 35th project.

Sir_Cliff

I know you can't be too demanding as a DLP fan but I just want the Disney Village revamp now... I was convinced this would be a project done between the 25th and 30th whereas now I'd imagine it's a ready for the 35th project.
To be honest, I am kind of impressed at how many resources DLP has put into refurbishments during the pandemic. Honestly more impressive than WDW in that respect, where everything just seemed to pause once the resort closed.

Disney Village does look awful, though, so a revamp can't come soon enough. This looks better than what's there now, but disappointingly generic.

Markiewong

Bob thanks you. It’s a pretty shopping mall. PI was far better.
But its a pretty American styled shopping mall. Which is something that we don't really have in Europe.
Most of them are taking through a romanticized european lens. Take as example Val d'Europe Village which is 10 min from Disney Village:
1617463719139.png

1617463753260.png

So I would understand why Imagineering goes for the American shopping mall vibe to distinguish itself.

I don't think it has been mentioned in the thread but Orbitron has now been removed for its Experience Enhancement Plan refurbishment.
Maybe they expect to be done before re-opening somewhere around summer?

Magic Feather

Springs? It is. And it’s in America. So far the Village plans are less Springs and more generic facade. Although a lot of it would be an improvement on the current image portrayed, especially the northern block. Although it’s the most 1992 part still left it also hasn’t aged well.
Generic Facade is an understatement. Terrifies me for what they are going to pass as a themed hotel butting up to this area.

Magic Feather

Overlaying New Orleans thematic arc has sailed I’m afraid. New York has always looked the most square-block-with-bits-stuck-on. The 4th lake resort needs to be as interesting as Sequoia and Newport.
And even they aren't a pinnacle of themed hotel work. Maybe its just me, but they've always felt weirdly proportioned.
Unfortunately, I'm expecting something closer to the old DLR Downtown Disney Hotel, which would put it closer to New York.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
And even they aren't a pinnacle of themed hotel work. Maybe its just me, but they've always felt weirdly proportioned.
Unfortunately, I'm expecting something closer to the old DLR Downtown Disney Hotel, which would put it closer to New York.
I’m hoping the proposed layout / wing orientation will help elevate something possibly mundane to a slightly higher level.

But you can only put so much lipstick on a pig. Time will tell.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom