MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

GiveMeTheMusic

People actually care and want the Aerosmith theme to stay?

I swear the nostalgia goggles blind people - if they tried to pull off Rocking Roller coaster today without past context we'd all be screaming bloody murder. Iron Man makes waaaaaayyyyyy more sense.

RnRC is pathetic and even moreso at WDS, where the "facade" has all of the quality of a late 90s Six Flags Magic Mountain ride. As much as I prefer new attractions to overlays, this can't be anything but a win.

The Empress Lilly

I swear the nostalgia goggles blind people - if they tried to pull off Rocking Roller coaster today without past context we'd all be screaming bloody murder. Iron Man makes waaaaaayyyyyy more sense.
I enjoy RnRC in itself. It is not more sparsely and abstractly themed than telling people they are flying through space by putting a roof over a coaster and projecting stars on the ceiling.

But at least at DHS they make some sort of effort, and the thing makes some sort of sense.

At WDSP that entire half of the park is ugly. And even by that low standard, the façade of RnRC stands out for crassness. Like a cheap 90s carnival frequented by bikers and the local youths. A thrill ride / action movie vibe, with deliberate ugliness. Good riddance to all of that.

But I don't care for Marvel movies, so not much of a win here for me. In my perfect world, they would've just left RnRC and CinéMagique, replaced Armageddon and LMA, and gave the area a DCA-like placemaking overhaul that are not Marvel or Pixar Lands.

DLRP NEWS

Guys, don't worry, Armageddon is living its last months ! And according to reliable source a new ride will be build.
Less reliable source say that Backlot transformation will be complete in 2024.
A new era is beginning in Disneyland Paris and it's such a great time for us the french fans !
This overlay is just the first step to a complete Marvel Land.

peep

I'm intrigued by this news and will moan/get excited once more info has been released.

Not every big building needs to have projections.

I don't think any buildings would be projected on for this? Sounds more like everything would be on the lake, like Fantasmic or Rivers of Light.

Stevie Amsterdam

"...with free and premium areas could be setup around the lake..."

I'm more concerned about this bit of the article. I hope they mean that DLP resort guests can access and view free of charge. Since Lake Disney is accessible to all public, I would understand if they want to prevent the masses (i.e. non DLP resort guests) coming and watch this for free.

cjkeating

"...with free and premium areas could be setup around the lake..."

I'm more concerned about this bit of the article. I hope they mean that DLP resort guests can access and view free of charge. Since Lake Disney is accessible to all public, I would understand if they want to prevent the masses (i.e. non DLP resort guests) coming and watch this for free.

I would except the majority of the viewing locations would be free (maybe only to hotel guests/AP?) but there would be up charge areas just as there are for the WDW nighttime shows if you want to pay more or do a package.

cosmicgirl

I like the calm that Lake Disney brings and that fits with all three hotels surrounding it. Hundreds of fountains and a dozen projection towers sound more like Vegas than the Rockies, New England, or even NY.

No Name

Sure it's not the pinnacle of imagineering but it's one of the most fitting attractions.

Galaxy's Edge, Toy Story Land, it seems Marvel Land, etc. have little to do with any theme. They're lands based on franchises that have movies/comics/etc. but they have nothing to do with that. Cars Land and Pandora actually make an effort to fit the themes of their respective parks and are better for it, but it seems they've thrown in the towel for DHS and WDSP. I can't imagine this Iron Man ride will do better. If anything, it'll be a stretch. Wait a minute.... a super stretch!

As much as I dislike the Great Movie Ride being replaced, at least MMRR sounds like it knows what park it's it.

Last edited:

BrianLo

Sure it's not the pinnacle of imagineering but it's one of the most fitting attractions.

Galaxy's Edge, Toy Story Land, it seems Marvel Land, etc. have little to do with any theme. They're lands based on franchises that have movies/comics/etc. but they have nothing to do with that. Cars Land and Pandora actually make an effort to fit the themes of their respective parks and are better for it, but it seems they've thrown in the towel for DHS and WDSP. I can't imagine this Iron Man ride will do better. If anything, it'll be a stretch. Wait a minute.... a super stretch!

As much as I dislike the Great Movie Ride being replaced, at least MMRR sounds like it knows what park it's it.

In Paris the ride is about Aerosmith designing a coaster. The whole Hollywood race to a concert backstory is thrown away.

The thought process of Walt Disney Studios being designed around lands representative of each Studio under the Dis umbrella is weak, but it makes more sense than Aerosmith designing a coaster.

The Empress Lilly

I'm not really sure how I feel about this
Sounds great to me!

The lake area is quiet because there is little of interest at DLP outside the two parks.

I do worry about attracting local undesirables though, what with free shows and a McDonald's. Half of Paris is a bidonville, and nothing but a train ticket is keeping them out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom