MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

Gusey

It won't be a Toy Story Hotel. The models they use for everything of Jessie, Buzz and Woody are all going to be in Toy Story Playland when the new entrance opens. They shouldn't use them again for a hotel.

I would like a US city based hotel to keep with the theme. We know from the new Shanghai hotel, they aren't just building IP Hotels.

cjkeating

You have to imagine the resort will at least look premium from the outside [even if it has bad IP integration on the inside] so we shouldn't be expecting anything tacky like Art of Animation or the Asian Toy Story hotels for example architectural wise.

I would also say (and I know DLH has been controversial) but I think DLP has so far integrated IPs better than WDW into its hotels.

J4546

never been i just thought it was a running joke how they overbuilt so many hotels and got such lackluster attendance. 6 on site hotels for a resort with 2 parks, 1 of which hasnt gotten a new major anything in 20+ years and the other is the worst disney park ever built annd even after all the construction it will still be the worst but not objectively a bad park at least. Also combined with the last couple hotels/renovations being meh....

i dunno, i just feel like they should do more for the parks before hotels. But its all good, I like the way DAW is going, and the new downtown area is shaping up to be quite nice

Jordan dby

there are nowhere near as many 'partner hotels' in Paris because Disney owns a lot more land than the other parks. staying onsite in a Disney hotel for a reasonable price is definitely a perk in DLP and another lakeside hotel is welcome.

the other 2 are cheaper but there extra 5 mins walking adds up over the weekend

Toni25

Why everyone jumped to correct them it's 6?
Aren't there actually 8?
Disneyland Hotel, Sequoia, Marvel, Newport, Santa Fe, Cheyenne, Davy Crockett & Villages Nature.
Seems to me like homework was well done.

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Why everyone jumped to correct them it's 6?
Aren't there actually 8?
Disneyland Hotel, Sequoia, Marvel, Newport, Santa Fe, Cheyenne, Davy Crockett & Villages Nature.
Six on site. Davy Crockett is the poor offsite relation. Disney sold its Villages Nature stake to Centre Parcs in 2022.

Last edited:

Toni25

1000053794.jpg

This makes me really want a Pooh Ride & a big fake tree behind Fantasyland Train Station

Sidenote: These new scenes don't look too good honestly...they feel cheap, rushed and unfinished? Like they just plopped down some prefabricated pieces and said "done!".
I'm a bit surprised...thought charming details and landscaping were Paris' strength. This ride was cuter before.

Last edited:

Gusey

View attachment 812010
Sidenote: These new scenes don't look too good honestly...they feel cheap, rushed and unfinished? Like they just plopped down some prefabricated pieces and said "done!".
I'm a bit surprised...thought charming details and landscaping were Paris' strength. This ride was cuter before.
I think they blend in well with the already existing scenes. They were always going to be miniatures. Here is what was there before Pooh, zoomed in a bit
1724849845462.png

Attachments

• 1724849781140.png
    1724849781140.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 26

wdrive

Up scene is a downgrade on Oz scene, but it’s the more marketable IP so will be a win in Disney’s book. A shame to lose a strange little quirk in the Oz scene.

Frozen scene is poorly done and is a light reskin of the Peter and the Wolf scene.

Pooh scene is a lateral move to me.

At least they refurbed the giant storybook I guess? Although it should never have been allowed to get into that state to begin with.

Gusey

Pooh is very similar to what was there, and as long as it's maintained, Pooh and Tigger are visible.
Frozen added a whole new mountain to what was there before in addition to the two buildings and Frozen sleigh
Up looks ok, but I think a bit of movement in the house would help.
Finally, the book is updated

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom