MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

Idol

What do you think about Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway.. is it in the rumors that this attraction will come to paris?

Moon knight

What do you think about Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway.. is it in the rumors that this attraction will come to paris?
Never say never, if what I've been told is correct the 2nd flat ride in the Lake Promenade of WDSP will be the first ride from the 1992 expansion proposals to materialize, 32 years after being pitched by Tom Morris for Fantasyland (where the plateau queue area for it’s a small world currently is.)

If I were DLP CEO, I would open it for 2028, the 100th birthday of the mouse but I guess the motorbike ride is till their priority, even if the ride hasn't been approved yet by TDP (Team Disney Paris).

DisneyDean97

Never say never, if what I've been told is correct the 2nd flat ride in the Lake Promenade of WDSP will be the first ride from the 1992 expansion proposals to materialize, 32 years after being pitched by Tom Morris for Fantasyland (where the plateau queue area for it’s a small world currently is.)

If I were DLP CEO, I would open it for 2028, the 100th birthday of the mouse but I guess the motorbike ride is till their priority, even if the ride hasn't been approved yet by TDP (Team Disney Paris).
Do we know the timeline on the 2nd flat ride? Im assuming it won't open with the Tangled one.

IMDREW

Thank god its not the ursula spinner. Got worried for a second.

Absimilliard

Anyone have an idea of what that proposal was? I looked in my Disneyland Paris de l'esquisse a la creation book and I could not find anything.

Moon knight

A little message to my fellow french-speaking friends who seem disturbed by these latest rumours:

* there will always be the possibility to put a dark ride between the East Pavilion and the Lion King area. WDI is however not very satisfied with the final rendering of the Little Mermaid dark ride at both DCA and MK, the attraction had an E-ticket budget and *only* looks like a solid D-ticket, plus the story feels rushed especially at the end. It is therefore inconceivable that they copy this ride in Paris as it is. They would have to pay for the necessary adjustments out of their own pockets.

* For those who think that 7 flat rides at Walt Disney Studios Park is a lot, I remind you that TDS has 7 as well (Aquatopia, Jellyfish, Scuttle Crabs, Whirpools, Balloon Fish, Jasmine's Flying Carpets and the Caravan Carousel) and DCA has 8 (Luigi's, Mater's, Fun Wheel, Jessie's Carousel, Golden Zephyr, Inside Out, Jellyfish and Silly Symphony Swings) for a total of 20/21 attractions each ...

yensidtlaw1969

A little message to my fellow french-speaking friends who seem disturbed by these latest rumours:

* there will always be the possibility to put a dark ride between the East Pavilion and the Lion King area. WDI is however not very satisfied with the final rendering of the Little Mermaid dark ride at both DCA and MK, the attraction had an E-ticket budget and *only* looks like a solid D-ticket, plus the story feels rushed especially at the end. It is therefore inconceivable that they copy this ride in Paris as it is. They would have to pay for the necessary adjustments out of their own pockets.

* For those who think that 7 flat rides at Walt Disney Studios Park is a lot, I remind you that TDS has 7 as well (Aquatopia, Jellyfish, Scuttle Crabs, Whirpools, Balloon Fish, Jasmine's Flying Carpets and the Caravan Carousel) and DCA has 8 (Luigi's, Mater's, Fun Wheel, Jessie's Carousel, Golden Zephyr, Inside Out, Jellyfish and Silly Symphony Swings) for a total of 20/21 attractions each ...
I would love to see an improved Little Mermaid Dark Ride at DLP, but Fantasyland absolutely makes the most sense for that. That Runaway Railway was considered for Fantasyland and Mermaid seems to now be considered for DSP is lunacy. Each would make more obvious sense for the opposite park.

mrflo

For those who think that 7 flat rides at Walt Disney Studios Park is a lot, I remind you that TDS has 7 as well (Aquatopia, Jellyfish, Scuttle Crabs, Whirpools, Balloon Fish, Jasmine's Flying Carpets and the Caravan Carousel) and DCA has 8 (Luigi's, Mater's, Fun Wheel, Jessie's Carousel, Golden Zephyr, Inside Out, Jellyfish and Silly Symphony Swings) for a total of 20/21 attractions each ...
That's a good point. Though I don't think adding flat rides in general is the issue what bothers many fans. Ideally it should be balanced out with additional e-ticket rides as well. Frozen might be a popular IP. But that one ride they are building right now would qualify more as a D-ticket.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
That's a good point. Though I don't think adding flat rides in general is the issue what bothers many fans. Ideally it should be balanced out with additional e-ticket rides as well. Frozen might be a popular IP. But that one ride they are building right now would qualify more as a D-ticket.
An E and a smattering of Ds would do it. As much as I’d like Rise AND Avengers AND an indoor water ride.

Moon knight

I would love to see an improved Little Mermaid Dark Ride at DLP, but Fantasyland absolutely makes the most sense for that. That Runaway Railway was considered for Fantasyland and Mermaid seems to now be considered for DSP is lunacy. Each would make more obvious sense for the opposite park.
Fantasyland expansion pads are not that big. Let them use those for the Villains and Beauty and the Beast !

I still have to ask about the fate of MM's RR in DLP. Since they have been much more ambitious for DLP in recent months, quite a few budgets have been revised upwards

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom