MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

Jordan dby

If there is frozen, rapunzel and ariel around that lake (plus princess dining) it almost makes sense just to make the whole thing princesses. Lion King or Pandora would seem out of place until the other was built at least

DisneyDean97

Fantasyland expansion pads are not that big. Let them use those for the Villains and Beauty and the Beast !

I still have to ask about the fate of MM's RR in DLP. Since they have been much more ambitious for DLP in recent months, quite a few budgets have been revised upwards
The fact that DLP still doesn't have a Beauty and the Beast dark ride yet is crazy to me. I liked Tony Baxter's original idea for an attraction at DLP, which would be a modern take on the Enchanted Tiki Room (only in Beast's castle) but I think a dark ride would be better.

DisneyDean97

If there is frozen, rapunzel and ariel around that lake (plus princess dining) it almost makes sense just to make the whole thing princesses. Lion King or Pandora would seem out of place until the other was built at least
At that point, it would just be Fantasyland 2.0 around a giant lake, I think the studios should have different IPs that wouldn't necessarily fit into a castle park, like Pandora.

Moon knight

Once you'll see the visuals you'll understand the logic of the redo.

This park will surpass the level of DCA and DHS once the fourth land (Pandora ?) opens. It will be unique in the sense that it will be the only movie park with any semblance of consistency. We start in Front Lot (Hyperion Courtyard ?), we will see how they will rename this damn Front Lot, then passing by Studio 1 which will seem much larger and so much classier we go from the place of production of films to where they are projected : Theater District. Then we will be invited to go to the other side of the screen to visit the different worlds of this park. The main artery will gradually leave behind the rather conformist and linear architecture of the Theater District to make way for the Art Nouveau, the perfect architectural style to make the transition between what we know of the real world (Hollywood) and these totally fantasy worlds. The Worlds of Pixar and Avengers C.A.M.P.U.S, although inspired by fictions, are much more anchored in reality. Remy's Paris and Crush's Sydney are toonesque reinterpretations of real cities and the Campus adopts an architecture that is rather familiar to us. The whole concept of the park will be a tribute to cinema and mainly to its capacity to make us travel through different worlds, by going up the alley from Front Lot to the Lake we will symbolically retrace all the path taken by the film studios to immerse us in these worlds, from the first storyboards to the 360° immersion in these fictional worlds.

Moon knight

Don't tell Detty about this ;) :
dettyisdumb.png

DisneyDean97

This park will surpass the level of DCA and DHS once the fourth land (Pandora ?) opens. It will be unique in the sense that it will be the only movie park with any semblance of consistency. We start in Front Lot (Hyperion Courtyard ?), we will see how they will rename this damn Front Lot, then passing by Studio 1 which will seem much larger and so much classier we go from the place of production of films to where they are projected : Theater District. Then we will be invited to go to the other side of the screen to visit the different worlds of this park. The main artery will gradually leave behind the rather conformist and linear architecture of the Theater District to make way for the Art Nouveau, the perfect architectural style to make the transition between what we know of the real world (Hollywood) and these totally fantasy worlds. The Worlds of Pixar and Avengers C.A.M.P.U.S, although inspired by fictions, are much more anchored in reality. Remy's Paris and Crush's Sydney are toonesque reinterpretations of real cities and the Campus adopts an architecture that is rather familiar to us. The whole concept of the park will be a tribute to cinema and mainly to its capacity to make us travel through different worlds, by going up the alley from Front Lot to the Lake we will symbolically retrace all the path taken by the film studios to immerse us in these worlds, from the first storyboards to the 360° immersion in these fictional worlds.
Is the potential Avengers E-Ticket for DCA (and possibly HKDL) still in the cards for this park, or are they just going to leave Avengers Campus as is and move onto to new lands around the lake??

cjkeating

At that point, it would just be Fantasyland 2.0 around a giant lake, I think the studios should have different IPs that wouldn't necessarily fit into a castle park, like Pandora.
Whilst Tangled and it seems The Little Mermaid will be featured in the lake boulevard area I see this as very much a transitionary area with a unifying art nouveau theme leading to currently just Frozen [which happens to be princess] but the other areas will not be. If anything if it is Lion King and Pandora the link between them will be rock work!

yensidtlaw1969

Fantasyland expansion pads are not that big. Let them use those for the Villains and Beauty and the Beast !

I still have to ask about the fate of MM's RR in DLP. Since they have been much more ambitious for DLP in recent months, quite a few budgets have been revised upwards
Wait - are Beauty and the Beast and the Villains on the table for DLP's Fantasyland?? I hadn't heard that . . . I'd be fine with that!

yensidtlaw1969

Not on a table, rather in a dusty cupboard...
Well that's a shame, I had hoped they were considering a joint project with WDW's Villains Land like Animaniac93-98 suggested.

Since they're both gathering dust, might you be willing to share some insight into what they were going to be? I've heard of the BatB-Tiki Room hybrid, were they ever considering a dark ride for DLP? This is the first I've ever heard of a Paris Villains project, so no idea there

Sir_Cliff

If I'm completely honest, I would love to see a plan that gives thematic consistency to the park but struggle to see how all of this would work in practice. For example, I'm not quite clear how the Theatre District will act as a portal to the next section as it's only real elements are on either side of the exit from Studio 1 and I'm not sure what happens to that whole Animation Studios area. If I understand correctly, at least part of that is now supposed to become Sydney? Again, not sure how that would work; I guess it would mean some smaller Finding Nemo rides? The layout in general still just seems a bit difficult for me to see cohering as a linear narrative to concept to execution, but I like the idea.

Not to be too negative, I also struggle to be optimistic about phase 2 and 3 plans when so much gets thrown out there that never actually gets built.

Last edited:

yensidtlaw1969

Having MK's Villain's land be cloned for other parks would help to explain why it's being seriously considered now.
Despite not really knowing what they're planning to give us in Villains Land (that teaser concept art was criminally vague), I feel like I'd be up for seeing DLP get at least an attraction from it off of Fantasyland. Seems like something that could fit in the space between Small World and Star Tours, so long as it doesn't block the Parade route.

It'll be interesting to see where else they might try to replicate part or whole of what they're planning for Villains - DL almost certainly will not get it with how little room is left, and TDL also seems to be running low unspace unless they reclaim something again. I'm not sure they'd consider it for Shanghai, but Hong Kong could be a possibility - their Halloween season seems to be successful and makes strong use of the Villains, and they're not afraid to go for real scares over there.

Really, a Villains area would be a natural fit for any resort with expansion room and notably popular Halloween offerings, which seems like MK, Hong Kong, and DLP. Hopefully they nail it in MK and build something worth replicating.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
In Discoveryland news, Avis Car Rental will now be the attraction sponsor for Autopia. Expect refreshes for the attraction's entrance:

Any chance that an upgrade of the cars is part of the long-term plans? I think the cars are still diesel-powered which isn't very futuristic at this point in time.

cjkeating

In Discoveryland news, Avis Car Rental will now be the attraction sponsor for Autopia. Expect refreshes for the attraction's entrance:

Any chance that an upgrade of the cars is part of the long-term plans? I think the cars are still diesel-powered which isn't very futuristic at this point in time.

The cars are hybrid... it's quite freaky when you are driving around the engine cuts out. I've also never noticed the 'Speedway smell' that you get at Florida, not sure if they are using a different type of fuel?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom