Magic Kingdom to open for 24 hours on Memorial Day Weekend to kick off a Monstrous Summer

CaptainessKylie

MEP is the one that gets the block. We can get in, but we cannot get guests in for free with our MEP. Lots of upset co-CP's who have family coming during the next few months..

They are blocking Cast IDs for this like they do a lot of summers, so no one can get in, they will really crack down with security at West Clock too.

Genie of the Lamp

This doesn't necessarily pertain to the 24 hr event, but to the Celebrate The Magic projection show before wishes. Since Monstrous summer is the big summer promo for WDW resort this summer, is it possible we could see MI/MU gang incorporated in the summer version of that show? Maybe it could debut on May 24th?

Edit: Here's the full Monstrous Summer 24 hr party announcement provided by Attractions Magazine:

WDWFigment

Don't pretty much all travel & tourism industry employers who provide employees with perishable commodities as perks do exactly what Disney is doing? (And I would classify entrance to a theme park that isn't at capacity as exactly that.) Airlines allow employees to fly standby, but if the flight is full, they get bumped. Hotels that do comped rooms to employees do so on a last minute basis or after projecting occupancy. I can't think of any instance where a job perk that's free (rather than discounted) doesn't have this sort of restriction.

If Disney is projecting the parks at or close to capacity over Memorial Day weekend (or for this event), doesn't it make sense to block those who aren't paying to enter?

Clamman73

24 different rides/shows for an hour each...no problem...:cool: Like what could go wrong with being on Small World for an hour straight...:eek: Insanity?

PhotoDave219

Don't pretty much all travel & tourism industry employers who provide employers with perishable commodities as perks do exactly what Disney is doing? (And I would classify entrance to a theme park that isn't at capacity as exactly that.) Airlines allow employees to fly standby, but if the flight is full, they get bumped. Hotels that do comped rooms to employees do so on a last minute basis or after projecting occupancy. I can't think of any instance where a job perk that's free (rather than discounted) doesn't have this sort of restriction.

If Disney is projecting the parks at or close to capacity over Memorial Day weekend (or for this event), doesn't it make sense to block those who aren't paying to enter?

Interesting thought. Makes you wonder what the percentage of CMs/Maingate/Comps per day are.

openendedsky

You don't really do an event like this for the chance to ride more rides. You do it for "thrill" of saying you were in the Magic Kingdom at 3 a.m. It's a stunt, not a viable touring plan.

To echo what David said above, I went last year with an attractions manager--he said it was New Years Eve like crowds (even CoP had a line). By far the crowd was made up of College Program kids, Cast Members and Annual Passholders. My group of locals couldn't walk 10 feet without bumping into someone we knew. If you're with a good group of people, it's fun. But if it's your only chance to see MK, I'd avoid it.
That sounds like it'd be a lot of fun. I was going to suggest the possibility of it being even more fun with alcohol, but that would almost certainly get out of hand in every possible way.

Cast Members' Company IDs and Main Entrance Passes will be blocked out on May 24 at Magic Kingdom Park, Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park. The only way to get in will be with complimentary or paid tickets.
It's not a separately ticketed event is it?
Also, is there any benefit at all to having an AP as a cast member?
This doesn't necessarily pertain to the 24 hr event, but to the Celebrate The Magic projection show before wishes. Since Monstrous summer is the big summer promo for WDW resort this summer, is it possible we could see MI/MU gang incorporated in the summer version of that show? Maybe it could debut on May 24th?

Edit: Here's the full Monstrous Summer 24 hr party announcement provided by Attractions Magazine:

A wild George has appeared!

SugimoriMasterBall.png

Tim_4

It's not a separately ticketed event is it?
Also, is there any benefit at all to having an AP as a cast member?

A wild George has appeared!

SugimoriMasterBall.png
No.
No.
Lol.

To elaborate on the Cast question. A WDW CM is almost never blacked out. DLR has cast blackouts from time to time. What's more common for WDW is that the guest pass is blocked out. A CM can bring 3 guests (more if they have tons of kIds) up to 16 (I think) times for a blue pass or unlimited times for a silver pass, except during blackouts. Silver passes are for salaried professionals/leaders and those with 15 years of service. These passes are blocked out for certain busy times but they're open more often than not and it's VERY rare for all four parks to be blocked on the same day. I've never heard of cast IDs themselves being blocked out (just the guest "maingate" passes) but this seems to be a special circumstance. Cast also get a few complimentary tickets per year that ignore blackout restrictions.

MarkTwain

No.
No.
Lol.

To elaborate on the Cast question. A WDW CM is almost never blacked out. DLR has cast blackouts from time to time. What's more common for WDW is that the guest pass is blocked out. A CM can bring 3 guests (more if they have tons of kIds) up to 16 (I think) times for a blue pass or unlimited times for a silver pass, except during blackouts. Silver passes are for salaried professionals/leaders and those with 15 years of service. These passes are blocked out for certain busy times but they're open more often than not and it's VERY rare for all four parks to be blocked on the same day. I've never heard of cast IDs themselves being blocked out (just the guest "maingate" passes) but this seems to be a special circumstance. Cast also get a few complimentary tickets per year that ignore blackout restrictions.

Correct. I've never heard of cast being blocked out from WDW parks, not that I've been following that kind of thing for very long.

Kristamouse

We cannot change our plans with out losing what we paid for off property hotel. We have to go on that day and then head to our beach vacation in Naples. Can anyone give me advice on be slowest time to go with my 4 children? They are 8,7,4, 2 and I will be 6 months pregnant. We are WDW vets with 10 trips with our kids under our belt, heck our kids could write a WDW guide book!
Our current plan is to do our darnedest to get to rope drop hit up FL get early lunch at BOG and then head back to hotel for a swim and nap.
Please any tips would be great, I am really getting nervousness about the safety of our kids in the throngs of people. Only the 2 year old is in a stroller.

openendedsky

No.
No.
Lol.

Alright, thank you. What about admission to the water parks?

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
There's nothing on the hub about cast ID's being blacked out that night. Maingate passes are blacked out at MK (so you couldn't sign anyone in) that weekend, but that's standard for a holiday weekend.

I don't think they've ever blacked out a cast member from using ther ID to enter the park at a non hard ticket event. I was able to use mine on New Year's Eve, for goodness sakes.

I don't think they're going to be starting now.

maxairmike

Yeah, I'd be hearing it from a lot of friends if there were any serious thoughts of restricting Cast IDs. Plus, there's no way this draws as big as NYE at the MK or Epcot, and Cast can get in with their IDs on those nights. Yes, its a holiday weekend, but just like before, how many true guests are going to really do the whole over night when they've still got plans that next day, especially with kids? Given that the last 24 hour event ended up being a local and CM social gathering more than anything, if they would block CM IDs, they'd probably end up way lower than their projection, which would actually be a bad thing.

71jason

We cannot change our plans with out losing what we paid for off property hotel. We have to go on that day and then head to our beach vacation in Naples. Can anyone give me advice on be slowest time to go with my 4 children? They are 8,7,4, 2 and I will be 6 months pregnant. We are WDW vets with 10 trips with our kids under our belt, heck our kids could write a WDW guide book!
Our current plan is to do our darnedest to get to rope drop hit up FL get early lunch at BOG and then head back to hotel for a swim and nap.

I wasn't there during the day last year, but everyone I spoke with said crowds weren't that bad during dayight. A lot more people tried for an "all-nighter" rather than the full 24-hour day. You plan sounds workable, as long as you aren't planning on returning to MK after the nap. If last year is a guide, by an hour before parade time the increase in crowds will be noticable.

RAXIP

There's nothing on the hub about cast ID's being blacked out that night. Maingate passes are blacked out at MK (so you couldn't sign anyone in) that weekend, but that's standard for a holiday weekend.

I don't think they've ever blacked out a cast member from using ther ID to enter the park at a non hard ticket event. I was able to use mine on New Year's Eve, for goodness sakes.

I don't think they're going to be starting now.
Check CenterStage.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom