Magic Kingdom to open for 24 hours on Memorial Day Weekend to kick off a Monstrous Summer

MickeyPeace

It was INSANE last time. They miscalculated on their guest projections, they forgot to include passholders & CMs. There were 50-60 thousand in the park at 1AM

So won't it be much more crowded this time considering it's on a friday during a holiday weekend? That's why I was asking if they will keep more attractions open this time. I was there for Memorial Day weekend in 2011 and it wasn't nearly as busy as I thought so maybe not.

backinaction

So won't it be much more crowded this time considering it's on a friday during a holiday weekend? That's why I was asking if they will keep more attractions open this time. I was there for Memorial Day weekend in 2011 and it wasn't nearly as busy as I thought so maybe not.
For once i'm going to have to agree with photo dave. When the TTA has a 15 minute line and space mountain has a 90, the park is too crowded. We ended up leaving during OMDD at around 2 because nothing was ridable.

Skooterkid

This technology is brilliant. I'd love to see a Celebrate The Magic-style show come to Epcot one day! Or even using this technology to integrate Spaceship Earth into Illuminations? ...the potential is much greater than the 24 hour event they're using it to promote. Whilst I'd love to be in the parks at 3am, I'm glad I don't start my Disney College Program until June because being in those kind of crowds is not fun, regardless of what time it is..

luv

Unsure if ill be here, but it would be difficult to do Antarctica and an all-brighter in the MK.

And I'm so jazzed about Antarctica. Keep checking that countdown on the Sea World site. Going to anything on Opening Day is crazy, but I've been a-waiting so long! Gotta see it! :D

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Which attractions were open overnight last time? Was there a period during the wee hours when there werent many attractions open? Just wondering because last time it was held on a weekday and this time they chose a holiday weekend. Should be insane. If it were on a weekday I'd go.
You can see the attraction list from One More Disney Day at http://www.wdwmagic.com/events/one-more-disney-day.htm

diznyboyz

Missing it by a week. Oh well, I'm not really interested in being there for Memorial Day weekend anyway...too busy!
How about missing it by a couple of days. We get to Disney on May 26th and parks 27th. Oh well, maybe the crowds will be down by the time Monday comes around.... Have a Good Friday to all!

NowInc

Already have a trip booked during that weekend..... joy. :mad:

So lets do the math of why this one will be even MORE crowded: Star Wars weekend? Check. Memorial day weekend? Check. New attractions opening at other parks? Check. Oh well..

sweetpee_1993

Already have a trip booked during that weekend..... joy. :mad:

So lets do the math of why this one will be even MORE crowded: Star Wars weekend? Check. Memorial day weekend? Check. New attractions opening at other parks? Check. Oh well..

I can probably show you a list of folks also there pre-cruise for the Fantasy sailing on 5/25. The ship is almost completely sold out so you can prob'ly toss a thousand or more into the mix just for that. In the grand scheme that's not many people but when adding up the sum of all these things it's worth mentioning.

71jason

Not sure if i'll bother, but I may take advantage and hit other parks that evening. Just don't know if the extra crowds will be worth the extra hours.

You don't really do an event like this for the chance to ride more rides. You do it for "thrill" of saying you were in the Magic Kingdom at 3 a.m. It's a stunt, not a viable touring plan.

To echo what David said above, I went last year with an attractions manager--he said it was New Years Eve like crowds (even CoP had a line). By far the crowd was made up of College Program kids, Cast Members and Annual Passholders. My group of locals couldn't walk 10 feet without bumping into someone we knew. If you're with a good group of people, it's fun. But if it's your only chance to see MK, I'd avoid it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom