Magic Kingdom to open for 24 hours on Memorial Day Weekend to kick off a Monstrous Summer

DizFiz

I did say earlier I would love to go but I was reading some of the post and really have second guesses on going for this event... I will be going anyways regardless but may be way earlier than this.

I have a few questions that regard this after reading up on the last disaster.

Is it really worth the 24 hour party to go because by what I read on the waiting It seems like I could get just as many rides in the regular times its open and beisdes less people makes it more enjoying.... memorial day is my other worries knowing that it is a busy holiday weekend for WDW.

I know it sure sounds fun but is it really fun being squished together in wall to wall traffic with everthing 2 hours or more in wait times?

NowInc

I did say earlier I would love to go but I was reading some of the post and really have second guesses on going for this event... I will be going anyways regardless but may be way earlier than this.

Is it really worth the 24 hour party to go because by what I read on the waiting It seems like I could get just as many rides in the regular times its open and beisdes less people makes it more enjoying.... memorial day is my other worries knowing that it is a busy holiday weekend for WDW.

I know it sure sounds fun but is it really fun being squished together in wall to wall traffic with everthing 2 hours or more in wait times?

You don't attend with hopes of attending rides...you go just to say you did it. LoL

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

The One More Disney Day was far from a disaster. There was a busy period around Wishes, but other than that, it was nowhere near 2 hour waits. The lines were extremely short in the early hours.

Here is our live report from the last one
http://www.wdwmagic.com/events/one-...sney-day'---24-hours-in-the-magic-kingdom.htm

lunchbox1175

It was INSANE last time. They miscalculated on their guest projections, they forgot to include passholders & CMs. There were 50-60 thousand in the park at 1AM

Yeah, it was funny last year, we spent the entire 24 hours there, and the morning was fantastic, we had knocked out everything in Tomorrowland and Adventureland by 10am, I have a great picture standing in the walkway by the speedway at 9:00am and there are like 4 people in the entire area, we thought it was going to be slower late at night after the parades let out, but all the locals and CM's came out at 11pm and the place was packed...you would think they wouldn't allow CM's to come to a special event like this.

asianway

The disaster was in California due to poor crowd control planning and staffing. WDW was manageable, but crowded.

MK had a DJ set up by the castle, Mickey, Minnie, Chip, n Dale in their pajamas out for special meet n greets.

They also pulled a variety of Halloween party characters to have something different in the PM hours. Nothing special imo but i know im in the minority.

PhotoDave219

The One More Disney Day was far from a disaster. There was a busy period around Wishes, but other than that, it was nowhere near 2 hour waits. The lines were extremely short in the early hours.

Here is our live report from the last one
http://www.wdwmagic.com/events/one-...sney-day'---24-hours-in-the-magic-kingdom.htm

Couple notes: There was a small kitchen fire at Cosmic Rays, forcing a limited menu during dinnertime.

From 11pm-2am, it was pretty damn busy. Not i dont mean actual wait times because most everyone wasnt riding rides, rather imagine a really big bar where everyone was drunk from sleep depravation rather than alcohol. Now add bad dance music. It was more a giant social situation then anything else.

My comment on a disaster is their projection: They expected under 30k and got over 60k. Event specific merch sold out fast.

I was there from 3PM - close and it was a lot of fun. I'd do all 24 hours, with the right people.

EmmabaRose

We will definitely be there for the latter part of this, we are might owls for sure! I was so excited to hear about this, our trip is booked for 21st-28th so this is right in the middle. I'm aware we will be going with a tonne of other people, crowds will be huge. But to me, I haven't been to WDW for eight years, when something like this falls into my lap by chance, you bet I am going to take the oppurtunity to say I was there for a big Disney event. No regrets.

Mr. CPA

This is quite an unexpected surprise... We have had ADRs at Crystal Palace for this night for months. It's going to be so packed with people. But, I'm betting the park will be dead until the afternoon.

It's going to be awesome.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Whole lot of Debbie Downers in this thread. You don't go to an event like this with the hopes of riding every single attraction multiple times with no wait. You go to enjoy the atmosphere and to have a good time. This is not the event for Commando Touring.

I went to the last one, and it was quite busy at times. I remember a crowd surge around 5:00- people who came after work, and around 11, when a lot of CM's came after shifts at Studios and Epcot ended. A lot of people seemed like they had intentions of staying all night, but didn't make it. By 3:00, the place was pretty quiet, and most everything was a walk on.

I eagerly look to forward to this one.

Lexxweb

This really is an event for CMs and locals. I went last year and kept bumping into friends every 10 feet, it was a giant social event for me and my friends. We also rode some rides and watched the sunrise on the ferryboat at 6AM. Success.

RAXIP

Cast Members' Company IDs and Main Entrance Passes will be blocked out on May 24 at Magic Kingdom Park, Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park. The only way to get in will be with complimentary or paid tickets.

71jason

From 11pm-2am, it was pretty damn busy. Not i dont mean actual wait times because most everyone wasnt riding rides, rather imagine a really big bar where everyone was drunk from sleep depravation rather than alcohol. Now add bad dance music. It was more a giant social situation then anything else.

I noticed the crowds much earlier, by about 7 or 8, just before/during MSEP--took me the better part of a half hour to get to Adventureland. And those guests all seemed to line up for rides after wishes. The CMs hit around 11, which was more the social situation you described, and when the park felt at it's busiest. I vaguely remember it still being surprisingly busy at 2:00ish, but agree by 3:00 most everything became a walk-on.

71jason

Cast Members' Company IDs and Main Entrance Passes will be blocked out on May 24 at Magic Kingdom Park, Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park. The only way to get in will be with complimentary or paid tickets.

Interesting. Learned thier lesson last time.

djlaosc

What about after midnight?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom