Magic Kingdom to lose ROA, Riverboat, and TSI for Cars Land

mlayton144

Bruh. Watch your assumptions. You don't know me, nor how much money I spend at Disney. We can disagree on what we value in the parks, but leave the broad characterizations out of your arguments.

🤣 I tell my daughter this a lot: "When someone tells you who they are, believe them." Disney has shown that nothing in their parks are sacred to them. The only thing they care about is squeezing as much money from the pockets of their guests as they can. May I remind you that COP and PeopleMover no longer exist on the west coast.

Get your rides in now, my friend. They won't be there for ever. And when they go, you can go complain about it on the internet where "kids" will tell you to settle down with your "old people" opinions.

I told my 12 year old about the plan to remove ROA (before voicing my opinion). Her response was "WHAT?! That's stupid! I hope they don't do that to Disneyland."

Again, you can disagree with those of us unhappy with this decision. You clearly value different things in the parks than we do. But please stop telling people to not feel what they feel. And stop with the ageism already. It's silly.
Aren’t others implicitly also telling people what to feel? Of course this is all IMO.

Last edited:

mickEblu

What’s the upside of a first time WDW vacation in 2026? Not missing out on another potential classic attraction closing? Potential good deals and lower crowds while people postpone vacations waiting for construction walls to go down and new attractions to open?

Phroobar

What’s the upside of a first time WDW vacation in 2026? Not missing out on another potential classic attraction closing? Potential good deals and lower crowds while people postpone vacations waiting for construction walls to go down and new attractions to open?
I'm planning a trip to Universal Florida for next year to see Epic Universe. We are not going to step foot on Disney property at all.

Californian Elitist

The upside is it’ll be a new experience for you. Hopefully that’s a good enough reason to go.

Don’t overthink it. If you want to go, go.

PiratesMansion

Original Poster
No such thing as a perfect time, but if you want to experience their river attractions, Dinosaur, or ITTBAB one last time I would accelerate the timeline.

mickEblu

The upside is it’ll be a new experience for you. Hopefully that’s a good enough reason to go.

Don’t overthink it. If you want to go, go.

I'm a bit of an over thinker when it comes to vacations. I want everything to be as ideal as possible but that can backfire if in the meantime if you lose a bunch of classic attractions that you wanted to see. At this point the main thing we're waiting for is my daughter to hit 40 inches. Don't want to have to child switch the majority of the good rides. No point of going until then which will probably be 2026 but then you look at the construction list and say hmmm if I wait until 2027 a bunch of construction walls go down and attractions open up... but then again so will the crowds haha. I'd probably rather have the lower crowds since everything there will be new for me anyway.

BuzzedPotatoHead89

WDW does have a lot of good theater shows including CoP, American Adventure, HoP, etc.

And their RoA wasn’t anything to write home about compare to DL’s.

BuzzedPotatoHead89

For now. sounds like HoP might be gone soon too. Of all of them though I'd say American Adventure and CoP are that top of my list so I hope those two are still there.
I just posted in HoP thread but I’m a bit more doubtful that HoP goes. I think this could be perceived as a bad taste decision at the wrong time that Iger and co. would not want dependent on how the next few months play out.

But I’ll leave it at that.

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

I just posted in HoP thread but I’m a bit more doubtful that HoP goes. I think this could be perceived as a bad taste decision at the wrong time that Iger and co. would not want dependent on how the next few months play out.

But I’ll leave it at that.

For this reason, the attraction is doomed, long-term. The company is (understandably) sprinting away from this type of controversy.

It’s a bummer because the recent update to HoP was really solid. Guests just can’t help themselves from booing animatronics.

Parteecia

Hourly Supervisors: Wearing costumes and uniforms, but in charge of the hour-by-hour operation and fixing messed up cheeseburger orders, or smoothing the feathers of Karens after denied requests for the front row, or needed for merchandise return overrides. Drives a used 2014 Honda Civic with a burned out taillight and a license plate registration that is two months overdue, and parks in a satellite parking lot a mile from their work location.
My proto-Civic's tags were always current, thankyouverymuch.

Is this what used to be a Lead?

Phroobar

Yeah but you’ve been to WDW right?
I have. It's a lot of fun. I love EPCOT. I love the monorail in the resort. The rest is just not that interesting since we have the same big stuff here that I did a million times before. I miss the Universe of Energy dinosaurs. DHS & DAK are pretty forgettable.

Californian Elitist

I'm a bit of an over thinker when it comes to vacations. I want everything to be as ideal as possible but that can backfire if in the meantime if you lose a bunch of classic attractions that you wanted to see. At this point the main thing we're waiting for is my daughter to hit 40 inches. Don't want to have to child switch the majority of the good rides. No point of going until then which will probably be 2026 but then you look at the construction list and say hmmm if I wait until 2027 a bunch of construction walls go down and attractions open up... but then again so will the crowds haha. I'd probably rather have the lower crowds since everything there will be new for me anyway.
Totally understand, although I’m more of an ultra planner than an overthinker. But I do get it.

I say go as soon as you can. We assume we’ll be healthy and around in 2027, but nothing is guaranteed. Go and have fun!

TP2000

My proto-Civic's tags were always current, thankyouverymuch.

Is this what used to be a Lead?

I have no doubt your tags were always current! So were mine. :cool:

Yes, in Disneyspeak they call them "Leads". I forgot the correct nomenclature.

I moved to a new state where my annual registration is easily one third the cost of California, and I was flabbergasted. I don't blame the Disneyland hourly CM's one bit for letting their California registration slide a few months while they scrounge up hundreds of dollars to send to Sacramento for a car that's only worth $10,000 on craigslist.

Last edited:

TrainsOfDisney

I'm more surprised that anybody actually spends valuable park time lining up up for it. Is there anybody that actually enjoys that ride?
Kids do. I liked it as a kid. I still like the original Autopia at DL so it can be a win win!
I'm a bit of an over thinker when it comes to vacations. I want everything to be as ideal as possible but that can backfire if in the meantime if you lose a bunch of classic attractions that you wanted to see.
Me too! Problem is, there will always be something to wait for. I’ve delayed trips to Disneyland Paris because of refurbishments for years and so I’ve yet to visit at all.

DLR92

I don’t like how Disney want to shove
Avatar in DCA in our throats. But I’m glad our local management is tad better than WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom