Magic Kingdom sit-down situation

Mrs.Toad

Original Poster
Going to MK in a few weeks. I haven't been there in about two years and we want to do at least one sit-down in MK. (Yes, there are very few options.) Well, we have to make a choice between one of the following and I was hoping someone who has been there recently could help out.

What's good lately? Not too concerned about atmosphere. Whose menu and food is better.

Liberty Tree Tavern lunch menu

Cinderella Castle - lunch or dinner

Tony's - lunch or dinner

Thanks!

Epcot and Hollywood reservations are set, but this one has us torn.

LiveyMouse22

Cinderella's Royal Table is a great restaurant but the traditional family style at Liberty Tree is really great and probably the best choice food wise.
:wave:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I've had some phenomenal meals at Tony's and LTT, and some pretty horrendous ones... It can be hit and miss. I really enjoy Crystal Palace as well, but it's a character buffet, so not for everyone.

Mrs.Toad

Original Poster
Two young adults who act like children...but character dining isn't important for this trip. With the limited menus it's hard to pick but it's definitely between those three. I've been going for years and I know that it's hit or miss at times. Especially since I haven't been there in two years I have no idea how consistent the three I mentioned have been. We are leaning toward Liberty for lunch because it's a la carte. That's why dinner at Liberty isn't a choice for us. Florida sun and big buffet = or may equal one cranky boyfriend LOL! so even though I like Crystal it's not an option for us I'm afraid.

I checked out the menus for all three and they look pretty good but taste is another issue entirely. Concerned because the boards keep talking about all the food changes that have occurred at Disney since the last time I went there.

Springer

How much, and what type, of food do you want? I think the Plaza is pretty yummy for lunch. It's a nice, simple menu, good lunch-appropriate portions and a cute turn of the century atmosphere. Plus, it's at the hub so it's pretty convenient no mater where you are. Enjoy!

Mrs.Toad

Original Poster
Thanks so much for the help. I think I have a fourth! I just had a complete mental block on the Plaza! I totally forgot about it for a moment. I've never eaten there.

That's an idea. I've never seen a bad review for that place.

Mostly meats and pastas (he has a seafood allergy). Burgers, steak, chicken, any sandwiches that are good period would work. The last time I ate at the other 3 the menus were different so that's why I don't have a clue.

Springer

The Plaza has good sandwiches, salads and burgers. That's
pretty much it - simple, but good. We go there every trip for lunch. Try it!

djpoore94

DH & I had lunch at Tony's on May 24 and it was excellent. He had Baked Ziti and I had Chicken Parmigiana. It was a ton of food, but really good.

JustPlainBill

I've had lunch at Tony's and dinner at Cinderella's Table and at both the food was great as well as the service.

Each time we go to WDW we make ADRs for Crystal Palace because we hear how great it's supposed to be but we always wind up canceling it for one reason or another.

I haven't tried Liberty Tree yet, though my cousin has and says she likes it.

TTFN-Tiggger

Crystal Palace and LTT have been great everytime I have dined there. If you have the extra money - I would go to Cindrella's Royal Table though!

ThinkTink721

I have only eaten at CRT & Tony's for breakfast.
I have never eaten at Liberty Tree Tavern, but I hear that the food is good!
:wave:

nolatron

I've eaten lunch and dinner at Tony's before, but wasn't thrilled about it. The atmosphere was nice, and the food was ok. We usually skip it now on our trips.

Also have done lunch and dinner at CRT. The meals we had were awesome. Ribeyes once, chops another.. Mmmm mm. Excellent desserts too. Service was fantastic and you can't beat the atmosphere or the view if you get lucky with a window seat.

We've had lunch at the Liberty Tree before, but I don't remember what I had. Though, I don't remember it being bad either. :hammer:

Personally, of the choices given above I would go for CRT.

dznygirl64

Stick with Tonys or liberty tree you get in and out faster because no glow in the dark piglet or princess and trying to get reservations in the castle is horrible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom