Magic Kingdom News

Mookie

Re: Re: Magic Kingdom News

Originally posted by Testtrack321
WHOAH! When did this happen? What damaged it? How bad is it? Photos?

It happened maybe 2 or 3 months ago, they've been working on it for quite awhile. A truck hit a support pillar, or something like that, I don't remember for sure :). The overpass is safe enough for one lane of traffic to use, but the additional stress of three lanes of traffic is too much, so they closed off the right two lanes and have flashing arrows indicating for everyone to move to the left lane. The exit (Epcot Resort Area) is closed and there are detour signs to use the next exit.

Testtrack321

Re: Re: Re: Magic Kingdom News

Originally posted by Mookie
It happened maybe 2 or 3 months ago, they've been working on it for quite awhile. A truck hit a support pillar, or something like that, I don't remember for sure :). The overpass is safe enough for one lane of traffic to use, but the additional stress of three lanes of traffic is too much, so they closed off the right two lanes and have flashing arrows indicating for everyone to move to the left lane. The exit (Epcot Resort Area) is closed and there are detour signs to use the next exit.

Ok, this probably just passed over me. Kinda like someone living under a rock for the past 10 years and then going back to their favorite ride 20K and seeing it closed. :hammer:

Tim G

Originally posted by FLcastmember
And what is your source that its opening this summer??
WDW has said nothing so far...

Oops...

Now I'm really going to have my butt kicked!!

Better have my name changed...

Sorry, shouldn't have mentioned that...

Stellajack

Originally posted by DisneyInsider

It may interest you to know the final performance of the Diamond Horseshoe
Saloon will take place on February 1,2003. .....
If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Oh NO ! ! ! Say it ain't so! What's goin' happen to the Professor and his magic deck of cards! and the singin' cowboy?:cry:

dreamer

Originally posted by FLcastmember
WITH LOTS AND LOTS of character and guest interaction.

In "the old days" you didn't see characters as much but it was much more exciting when you finally got to see them. Definitely more "magical."

The more common something is the less magic it is.

And if you see all the characters on your first visit to Magic Kingdom, why go back???

I think there can be too much of a good thing.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.

Originally posted by dreamer

But only if its the same old faces at every park. Chip N Dale get on my nutz you bump into them that often, but in the Catalogue there must be many charcters that they could dust off. And hows about a vintage Mickey at the Studios.

meeko_33785

Originally posted by dreamer
In "the old days" you didn't see characters as much but it was much more exciting when you finally got to see them. Definitely more "magical."

The more common something is the less magic it is.

And if you see all the characters on your first visit to Magic Kingdom, why go back???

I think the reason they've had a lot more characters out and at set locations is so that guests can have a better chance of finding favorite characters. In the old days, they would have the characters just strolling around the park and it was more or less luck of the draw of who you saw. I like the new way they do the character meets since it gives a better chance of finding character you are looking for. And as for seeing all the characters on your first visit, this is still not possable. I've been going to MK for many years and even with the multitude of characters they have out now there are still ones I have not seen.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Re: Re: Re: Magic Kingdom News

Originally posted by happy snapper
And hows about a vintage Mickey at the Studios.

sorcerer mickey is there every day

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by cymbaldiva
Hi Meeko! :wave:

Friendly tip - You might want to reconsider your signature line....

(hint, hint?)

You could just PM the person and tell them that then :) :wave:

JoeCap

I remember the overpass damage, we were staying at OKW when it happened. It wason December 3rd. A crane or a back-hoe, I don't remember which was going under the overpass and struck one of the support pillars. The road was completely shut down for the first day, they they re-opened it as described. We sat in traffic right after it happened for quite a while.

J.

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by DMC-12
You could just PM the person and tell them that then :) :wave:

I was really just trying to be helpful :(

'Course, you could've just PM'd me if you felt I needed to be scolded about it! :animwink: :)

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by cymbaldiva
I was really just trying to be helpful :(

'Course, you could've just PM'd me if you felt I needed to be scolded about it! :animwink: :)

I did not "scold" you... I even did 2 smiles so you would not take it as me being mean to you...as I was not... So Please... do not paint me as the bad guy here.

If you wish to discuss this further diva... feel free to PM me. :) :wave:

Goofette

Originally posted by imagineergurl
thanks for the updates- i knew something was different when we where docking on tom sawyer island on thursday. i cant wait for the splash pic rehab thing its just too crazy now. o ya i know u wont know this but why did they wash our pic away? all we were doing was pretending to sleep on the drop,unless it was the guy and his 5 year old daughter in the back:lookaroun ...

Hi :) You've got my curiosity up about this. What are they doing to Splash Mountain, and what happened to your pic? (hope you reply cause I'm nosey :animwink: )

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom