Magic Kingdom Bus Loop expansion

Tom

Beta Return
Has anything else happened with this other than a few earth movers parked on site? I thought they were supposed to start work this week. Don't remember what was rumor and what has been confirmed.

Dropping earthmoving equipment is technically starting. When a contractor is issued a contract and given "Notice to Proceed," it's usually a surprise, after a couple weeks of not hearing anything.

So, you're going about your business, working on other jobs, then you get a call or email saying "You have been awarded the contract. Please mobilize, begin the submittal process, and return this fully executed contract with required insurance documents."

So, you have a crew take out the equipment you'll need and drop it on site. Meanwhile you get the surveyor going, which can take a few days if he's working for you and had to enter all of the plan data into his software. And your office is also busy writing subcontracts, gathering samples and product literature for every material used on the job, so you can submit it to the Architect for approval.

I mobilized on my bank addition/remodel site 2 weeks ago, and we haven't done any new work yet. We spent 3 days setting up a fence, getting a backhoe out there, hiring a surveyor and finding all the errors in the plans. Then we started some demolition. All while waiting for the permit, and for the architect to approve our concrete mix designs since new footings will be the first new work we do.

This was my long way of saying that just because they dropped some equipment, doesn't mean they'll start moving dirt that day. They've officially "mobilized" which is a good thing. Right now, there's a literal mountain of paperwork flying around behind the scenes.

jt04

Another one as well as the one already underway?

I think we are seeing the new TTC. I think I have figured out the plan. Two possibilities. This is a permanent fix for day visitors. Or an interim fix for reimagining transportation on a larger scale. Hopefully the latter.

BoarderPhreak

MK desperately needs this third loop... Over spring break, the busses were so backed up, they couldn't even turn into the loop area at all!

HTF

IMG_1942.jpg

IMG_1934.jpg

IMG_1931.jpg

IMG_1925.jpg

PeterAlt

Maybe they will find an old, buried monorail footer. Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Seriously, this was the site for another monorail resort that was never built... I know you're joking around, but you'd never know, as that site once had a plan for a monorail spur line, so they may have installed the infrastructure for it, thinking that they were about to build the hotel and the spur.

Unplugged

Maybe old growth was the wrong term to use, but the trees were large mature shade trees. That was my point.
If you look at the water filled "trough" left behind, that implies to me that they didn't just simply remove the trees but moved the trees. They do they so they can re-use them. I imagine the trees are "parked somewhere safe on property being watered like crazy and checked by an arborist.

Of course, it is possible they are now mulch somewhere, but big trees are expensive and we all know TDO's love of penny pinching. While moving trees is not cheap, the results of moving big trees are what they like....happy shaded guests spending more $$$.

djkidkaz

Does anyone have the blueprints for this project? That looks like a HUGE expansion plot for the bus loop. I've been trying to figure out what they are doing exactly, but can't piece it together.

harryk

Articulated busses require large areas to make their turns. You can expect to see modifications in other terminals to accomodate them.

EpcotCenter82

Seriously, this was the site for another monorail resort that was never built... I know you're joking around, but you'd never know, as that site once had a plan for a monorail spur line, so they may have installed the infrastructure for it, thinking that they were about to build the hotel and the spur.

During Eisner's "the Disney Decade", he proposed builidng Disney's Kingdom Suites at this location.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom