Magic Kingdom Bus Loop expansion

Bairstow

You know, I'm not at ALL sure that this would be a joke. Sandy and I were looking at that vast area of land, how little it's actually being used, it's proximity to the MK, the MK bus expansions... ALL of this, on our November trip. Disney may INDEED be planning something that will allow that dessert to transform into what it's actually used for: A monorail transfer & day tripper boat launch, surrounded by something that produces income.

magic-kingdom-map1.jpg

ABQ

Very interested to see what the boarding, un-boarding process will be on these buses. Will they just open the one front door at each stop? Is half the buss equipped for 4 or 6 ECV's or wheelchairs? Will they only open all doors at specific times? Currently, it seems, when loading at a resort on a standard bus, they only open the front door and you get a massive bottleneck in the front of the bus with 20 empty seats at the rear (where I like to sit) With these long buses will it be the same, only 30 empty seats and a bunch of people waiting twice as long as they should to board? I'm not saying the bus ever leaves the platform empty, but just takes far too long and is too inefficient to load with just the one door open. Still cannot see why, with no wheelchairs waiting, why only the front door can be opened for boarding.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I'm old school. There was no ADRs back then.
Life before ADR's actually existed?? It must have been so boring to just SPONTANEOUSLY walk into a (unique) restaurant when you passed it, instead of planning it 180 days out and then scanning a bracelet with mickey on it, then waiting to be seated. /sarcasm off

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
And if they are going to use 3 platforms will the CM's with the wands be holding the crowds while directing everybody which platform to go to ?

Are you referring to CM's like these? It was closing time at MK a few weeks ago and many people were headed to the bus stops and some were confused which way to go (the guy with the stroller was one) These CM's were just hanging out and chatting away (i could hear their conversation), instead of directing people. He walked right past them looking at the bust stop signs and was obviously confused. Six CM's standing there and they didnt even notice him.
a.jpg

I watched for a few minutes as they chatted away. (we were waiting for our bus) When I started taking pictures of them they dispersed rather quickly and gave me some glaring looks of disapproval. lol.

aa.jpg

Biff215

You know, I'm not at ALL sure that this would be a joke. Sandy and I were looking at that vast area of land, how little it's actually being used, it's proximity to the MK, the MK bus expansions... ALL of this, on our November trip. Disney may INDEED be planning something that will allow that dessert to transform into what it's actually used for: A monorail transfer & day tripper boat launch, surrounded by something that produces income.

I agree. What's even more glaring is the complete lack of upkeep and updating of the TTC. Of course it's probably due to the fact it doesn't directly generate revenue, but maybe Disney will go another direction once it falls apart completely.

I still love Walt's idea for arrival, but for me it's ruined by the outdated TTC and ridiculous crowds that come with it.

Biff215

Very interested to see what the boarding, un-boarding process will be on these buses. Will they just open the one front door at each stop? Is half the buss equipped for 4 or 6 ECV's or wheelchairs? Will they only open all doors at specific times? Currently, it seems, when loading at a resort on a standard bus, they only open the front door and you get a massive bottleneck in the front of the bus with 20 empty seats at the rear (where I like to sit) With these long buses will it be the same, only 30 empty seats and a bunch of people waiting twice as long as they should to board? I'm not saying the bus ever leaves the platform empty, but just takes far too long and is too inefficient to load with just the one door open. Still cannot see why, with no wheelchairs waiting, why only the front door can be opened for boarding.

I believe it's due to the long lines of waiting guests who would lose their minds if someone behind them got on the back while they waited for the front and didn't get on. I think it actually is more orderly, although inefficient as you said.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom