Magic Kingdom Bus Loop expansion

GrumpyFan

Original Poster
Looks like a permit was filed with South Florida Water Management District to expand the MK Bus loop and add another set of stops.

Application #: 121221-32 Permit#: 48-00714-P Received Date: 21-Dec-2012
Project Name: Magic Kingdom Bus Loop Expansion Receiving Body: Reedy Creek

CoZaw.png

Slowjack

I don't want to criticize, but I think you created that PDF from an application that is not licensed to print to novaPDF printer.

Seriously, though, I think we knew this was coming and surely the expansion is needed. And while I can't argue about the necessity, part of me laments that so many guests arrive at the MK through a bus depot. There's something about the slow build-up from the parking lot, getting across the water somehow, and through the turnstiles, that's hard to beat, and I hope first-timers, at least, don't skip that.

BigThunderMatt

There's something about the slow build-up from the parking lot, getting across the water somehow, and through the turnstiles, that's hard to beat, and I hope first-timers, at least, don't skip that.

Yeah, that something is the 45 minute plus process involved. Park at any of the other parks and you're at the front gate in 5-10 minutes.

The MK's entrance scheme was cute when they only had 3 resorts that ran either boats or monorails to the park and everyone else had to park in the parking lot. But now that the majority of your on-site guests take a bus to get there, the process is entirely unneeded.

GrumpyFan

Original Poster
marni, I wasn't aware there was another underway. I'm guessing these are one in the same, I just found this permit application on the SFWMD site.

SlowJack, that's the way the document was stored on the SFWMD site. So, either Disney submitted it that way or SFWMD converted/stored it that way.

BTW: I looked to see if there was a thread about this already, but didn't find one. Feel free to move this if necessary.

Donfan

Are these stops to allow buses from locations that do not have stops now, or to allow more stops from some of the existing locations?

Rob562

Are these stops to allow buses from locations that do not have stops now, or to allow more stops from some of the existing locations?

If I recall from previous discussion, it was to both a) spread out some of the stops that are bunched-up and overflowing (Pop, for example), as well as addbus stops for Studios and AK to eliminate the need for those park transfers to have to go through the TTC to catch a bus.

-Rob

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
They are also pulling the transfer buses to other parks from the TTC and moving these to this bus hub cutting down on both time and need to take two modes of transportation to transfer in or out of the MK to/from another park.

I'm thrilled. TTC transfer area was really seedy.

wedenterprises

If Walt was alive I wonder if he'd build a bike network and loan out free bicycles for guests to get around the resort.

At this point they might as well just make you walk back to your hotel. It would be faster than stopping at 7 other hotels on a bus.

Whatever. This is why my folks always rent a car I guess. I used to think the busses were "magical" haha. Oh, me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom