Magic Kingdom Bus Loop expansion

JerseyDad

"These large zones have been allocated to Port Orleans Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Caribbean Beach, Art of Animation and the TTC".

....so I guess I was correct when I saw the construction in August ...and quipped to my wife, "Look, that's likely where POP's new bus stop will be ...probably stop #347".

...guess I was correct ....the Bataan Death March from the exit gate to the bus stop just got worse.

ABQ

I still hope Disney finds a way to offer transportation to Downtown Disney from the parks where people can't take advantage of free parking and to free up many who fill up the Saratoga Springs busses
No kidding, if any percentage of the parking gridlock @ DTD it due to that, they certainly could clean it up swiftly.
btw @willtravel , sorry, but I cannot reply to your PM as you appear to have locked it from replies. sorry.

Cesar R M

No kidding, if any percentage of the parking gridlock @ DTD it due to that, they certainly could clean it up swiftly.
btw @willtravel , sorry, but I cannot reply to your PM as you appear to have locked it from replies. sorry.
solution.. DOUBLE DECKER parking!, free shadows for the lucky guys in the lower floor! :D

Tom

Beta Return
I still hope Disney finds a way to offer transportation to Downtown Disney from the parks where people can't take advantage of free parking and to free up many who fill up the Saratoga Springs busses

Easy fix. Charge to part at DTD. Then, if you make $50 in purchases at any restaurant or vendor at DTD, you get your parking validated.

Tom

Beta Return
$50 is waaaaay too much. $25.00 or a lunch/dinner at one of the restaurants.

I just picked an amount. It would need to be enough that someone on their way out of a park, headed to their car (via DtD), couldn't just drop a small amount to get their "free" parking.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
I would put the MagicBands to work in this case (or Resort ID) to get on a bus at Saratoga Springs. No MB or Resort ID, no transport on the bus. Also a valid theme park parking pass from that day could allow you on a bus. That would cover everyone who isn't trying to cheat the system. Seems like a bit of work, but it could be done. If enough Saratoga guests complain to DVC about the overcrowding on buses, I would hope that DVC and operations would make an effort to alleviate the problem.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Actually, as of this point in time, any guest at DTD can get on any bus to any hotel, so maybe require MB's or Resort IDs to board ANY bus at DTD, and Saratoga (for those that may walk over to that Resort). I know if I were staying at SSR, it wouldn't be an inconvenience for me to show an ID or scan my MB, if it may insure a more pleasant trip on Disney Transport.

Last edited:

Tom

Beta Return
I would put the MagicBands to work in this case (or Resort ID) to get on a bus at Saratoga Springs. No MB or Resort ID, no transport on the bus. Also a valid theme park parking pass from that day could allow you on a bus. That would cover everyone who isn't trying to cheat the system. Seems like a bit of work, but it could be done. If enough Saratoga guests complain to DVC about the overcrowding on buses, I would hope that DVC and operations would make an effort to alleviate the problem.

I very much wish they would do this.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
I very much wish they would do this.
I don't know why they haven't yet-at least required a valid Resort ID. Years ago, it seems to me, you always had to show an ID whenever boarding ANY Disney transportation. In the 70's, I seem to recall having to show the paper resort ID we were issued, at the bottom of the escalator to board the monorail at the Contemporary.

Last edited:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I don't know why they haven't yet-at least required a valid Resort ID. Years ago, it seems to me, you always had to show an ID whenever boarding ANY Disney transportation. In the 70's, I seem to recall having to show the paper resort ID we were issued, at the bottom of the escalator to board the monorail at the Contemporary.

I remember back in the day having to show resort ID to use transportation and if you were not staying on sight you could purchase a day pass to use the resort transportation, it was like $4 dollars a day/per person. Given how cheap it was to get into Disney, it kept non resort guests off resort transportation. I remember that still being in place when there was Epcot, MK and DTD. After that it faded away.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
I remember back in the day having to show resort ID to use transportation and if you were not staying on sight you could purchase a day pass to use the resort transportation, it was like $4 dollars a day/per person. Given how cheap it was to get into Disney, it kept non resort guests off resort transportation. I remember that still being in place when there was Epcot, MK and DTD. After that it faded away.
Thanks for confirming my memory....I almost thought that I dreamt the whole thing. When A-E ticket books were sold, a transportation ticket was included in the book. Back when there were gates behind the main ticket booths at the TTC, I think you presented that ticket at those turnstiles to get to the monorails and ferries. Then you used the admission ticket (also included in the book) at the entrance to the MK. If you didn't buy a ticket book, then you had to purchase transportation and MK admission separately.

fngoofy

That is how it used to be with the monorails. You had to show your ID to board a resort monorail AND if you where boarding at your resort, you still had to show ID. Transportation was for Disney Guests only (other than the water ferry and express monorail.

omurice

That is how it used to be with the monorails. You had to show your ID to board a resort monorail AND if you where boarding at your resort, you still had to show ID. Transportation was for Disney Guests only (other than the water ferry and express monorail.

If that were true, how did anyone get to an ADR at the Contemporary or the Grand Floridian? Without a rental car to park at the resort it would be problematic getting to one of those meals...

omurice

thanks! ah I see now this was even discussed above (The $4 day pass)... sorry - Monday mornings, 4 cups of coffee and I'm still in a fog

I only hope these extra buses (or "busses" as it says on street signs where I live) do not further reduce the monorail operating hours, I could see them cutting back the express line during extra magic hours since most people staying on property don't need the TTC. Very excited to hear about the direct line to DAK and Studios! Confused about the allure of an Epcot bus if the monos are running, but options are nice.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom