News Magic Kingdom and Epcot Fireworks to Resume July 1st

Amidala

Still nothing concrete on Galactic Spectacular, right? Would be pleasantly surprised if Studios got an improved fireworks show of its own, maybe something incorporating SW along with other anchoring IPs of the park like Indie, Toy Story, etc. and paying homage to some classics from GMR? W/ Star Tours and Launch Bay on top of GE, all the SW at Studios is starting to feel very redundant.

I doubt Studios nighttime spectaculars are a priority right now but OTOH I'm sure bringing back Fantasmic and/or fireworks would keep people from park hopping immediately after riding ROTR.

TrainsOfDisney

Still nothing concrete on Galactic Spectacular, right? Would be pleasantly surprised if Studios got an improved fireworks show of its own, maybe something incorporating SW along with other anchoring IPs of the park like Indie, Toy Story, etc. and paying homage to some classics from GMR? W/ Star Tours and Launch Bay on top of GE, all the SW at Studios is starting to feel very redundant.

I doubt Studios nighttime spectaculars are a priority right now but OTOH I'm sure bringing back Fantasmic and/or fireworks would keep people from park hopping immediately after riding ROTR.

Would be amazing to have a show with Star Wars, Tower or terror, toy story and Muppets all featured.

TTA94

I wonder if once they announce EF returning they will also include in that announcement the opening date for Harmonious? Of course that date shouldnā€™t come as a surprise to anyone unless itā€™s before or after October 1st lol.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
Sounds to me like spacing in the parks has nothing to do with the return of fireworks but more likely when they can get enough CM to handle the closing rush for two or three parks simultaneously. The ferry boats are back to normal and the monorail hopefully soon as well. But buses and lack of CM are a major problem. Of course there is always ma$$ive overtime and contracting outside vendor$ for bus services.

TTA94

Sounds to me like spacing in the parks has nothing to do with the return of fireworks but more likely when they can get enough CM to handle the closing rush for two or three parks simultaneously. The ferry boats are back to normal and the monorail hopefully soon as well. But buses and lack of CM are a major problem. Of course there is always ma$$ive overtime and contracting outside vendor$ for bus services.

Yet they do not seem to be hiring for anything other than food and beverage and housekeeping from what Iā€™ve heard. I know someone who interviewed recently and they were told only those two positions were available. Youā€™d think there would be a ton of in park positions available.

orky8

Itā€™s coming. Soon. But you canā€™t just flip a switch.
If they planned ahead it would appear like just flipping a switch. Itā€™s the failure to be ready even though theyā€™ve known for months what the crowds would be and for weeks that social distancing would be reducing in short order. Itā€™s like 3 weeks ago they decided they should bring fireworks and so now itā€™s taking them lots of time to do so.

Itā€™s like saying you canā€™t just flip a switch to turn on a light. You can if you planned ahead to have a light bulb pre installed, have electricity run, and have a tested and operational switch there.

DisneyDean97

That would be nice, but I'm pretty sure the Studios can't have any major firework shows anymore using that launch site across the road. They could do a new projection show with the limited pyro they shoot off the roofs, but I don't know if that would effect the walkways behind MMRR or TSL

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
Look if it were up to Disney, theyā€™d never bring fireworks or parades back because they are expensive to operate. The demand is such that people are still going in droves even with the lackluster offerings they have now.

They have every incentive to slow walk bringing these things back until they absolutely have to.

drew81

Look if it were up to Disney, theyā€™d never bring fireworks or parades back because they are expensive to operate. The demand is such that people are still going in droves even with the lackluster offerings they have now.

They have every incentive to slow walk bringing these things back until they absolutely have to.
This. Chapekā€™s mantra.

GimpYancIent

Look if it were up to Disney, theyā€™d never bring fireworks or parades back. The demand is such that people are going in droves with the lackluster offerings they have now. They have every incentive to slow walk bringing these things back until they absolutely have to.
True about the details, that said, its nothing new for Disney. All the logistics, crowd controls, details and procedures Disney has not only done but created many of them for others to copy and follow. Today, 30 May 2021, the Indianapolis 500 motor race happened w well over 100,000 plus crowd and no issues! An excellent example for Disney and other entertainment venues to see it is time to get back in gear (no pun intended). Bottom line? Parades, pyro, stage shows, character meet and greets and get run Disney moving will absolutely boost that bottom line. If the corporate mindset is still bottom line, you bet your bottom dollar "they" absolutely have to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom