News Magic Kingdom and Epcot Fireworks to Resume July 1st

Disney Glimpses

Good points, re: capacity. But the goal remains to ramp to no limit this summer. Logistically, they can only let in as many people as they can handle.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Good points, re: capacity. But the goal remains to ramp to no limit this summer. Logistically, they can only let in as many people as they can handle.
You will know when that happens when the park passes are readily available for any date. Right now and at the moment for the next two months there are no signs of any major capacity increases.

Disney Glimpses

You will know when that happens when the park passes are readily available for any date. Right now and at the moment for the next two months there are no signs of any major capacity increases.
Well, we did see a major bump recently but those reservations were eaten up quickly. AP availability for July looks significantly better than that of resort guests, which is odd.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
I highly doubt its a full show. DCA doesn't have room for a full show.
No it’s celebration pyro. Likely less than a minute.
Margaritaville is having a huge free fireworks show on July 3 and 4 at their Sunset Walk.

Probably a good show if you’re at the AKL.
The real show at AKL will be watching the animals stampede away from the booming as they run for their GD lives
Those positions drive revenue.

Look if it were up to Disney, they’d never bring fireworks or parades back because they are expensive to operate
Fireworks drive revenue by keeping people in the parks for dinner and in the evenings to shop.

I don’t know if you stuck around in the parks on your trip past dinner time, but when I was there at the beginning of the month at the parks were very quiet after dinner. If a $25,000 firework show gets 5000 people to each spend $20 on a meal, and 500 people to impulse spend $20 on a plush, they’ve done pretty well for themselves.

The problem right now, and why hiring food and beverage makes sense, is they don’t have the staff to keep all the restaurants open for dinner. So they can’t capture that revenue. They will bring back fireworks when they can make their money back from them. Which should be soon.

HairyChest

I can only speak for myself but the lack of nighttime spectaculars has absolutely resulted in me spending less time and money in the parks

At Epcot I’d stay past closing and eat dinner there because of the fireworks. Now I leave by the late afternoon.

I have not booked at the California Grill since the lack of fireworks but before it was a must on each trip.

I also spent more days on vacation to have time to catch all the firework/shows. Now my vacation at Disney is shorter.

Ive told a number of friends and family that asked me if they should take a trip to Disneyworld, “No, wait until the fireworks (and shows) are back”.

TrainsOfDisney

Look if it were up to Disney, they’d never bring fireworks or parades back because they are expensive to operate. The demand is such that people are still going in droves even with the lackluster offerings they have now.
There’s nothing stopping them from turning the parks into a giant shopping mall if that’s what they want to do.

(A theme park without live entertainment and attractions is just a themed shopping mall correct?).

drew81

But in their mind people are still flocking to the parks without these extras. The post pandemic travel bubble is getting really big with people just wanting to go somewhere regardless of value. A year from now once everyone gets it out of their system, then Disney Will need to step its game up.
Same thing for character dining. Pay same price for half the experience. They’ll milk the current experience for as long as they can. Why pay for more cast, captains and attendants when they have guests paying same price to see a character waive at them.

And as much as I want to hope they bring more Equity performers back, Chapek claims guest satisfaction scores are higher than ever. Not much push to get Daddy Warbucks to open the checkbook to offer new show contracts.

TTA94

Off subject but since there hasn’t been much said about Festival of Fantasy. Anyone else think we may never see it again? at least in full parade form. I could totally see WDW using covid as a excuse to eliminate WDWs one and only remaining year long parade and stick with cavalcades moving forward. I think the short cavalcades have been more popular with guests and less of a headache for cms. No ropes to set up, no guest flow issues, etc.

drew81

Off subject but since there hasn’t been much said about Festival of Fantasy. Anyone else think we may never see it again? at least in full parade form. I could totally see WDW using covid as a excuse to eliminate WDWs one and only remaining year long parade and stick with cavalcades moving forward. I think the short cavalcades have been more popular with guests and less of a headache for cms. No ropes to set up, no guest flow issues, etc.
Nothing would shock me with the current regime.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Well, we did see a major bump recently but those reservations were eaten up quickly. AP availability for July looks significantly better than that of resort guests, which is odd.

I wonder how diluted the AP pool actually is? That could also be why there are hints they may “fill it back up”. People ballyhoo about the summer crunch and “for the 50th” a lot round here...but they won’t increase/maintain attendance over the winter without passholders and it’s silly to suggest otherwise.

I can only speak for myself but the lack of nighttime spectaculars has absolutely resulted in me spending less time and money in the parks

At Epcot I’d stay past closing and eat dinner there because of the fireworks. Now I leave by the late afternoon.

I have not booked at the California Grill since the lack of fireworks but before it was a must on each trip.

I also spent more days on vacation to have time to catch all the firework/shows. Now my vacation at Disney is shorter.

Ive told a number of friends and family that asked me if they should take a trip to Disneyworld, “No, wait until the fireworks (and shows) are back”.

you seem like a “long timer”...

the problem is this current management - lauded for a decade - could care less what we think and are become borderline outwardly adversarial towards us.

why? Because we have the knowledge and experience to make a value comparison...and that stands in the way of incessant price increases.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom