News Magic Kingdom and Epcot Fireworks to Resume July 1st

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
So what I am hearing is that my end of August Trip might give me a little more bang for my buck then I had originally expected? Pun intended.

mattpeto

It’s one of the months you listed, AFAIK. I said “by the last day of summer” because sometimes these timelines slip. But it should be during the months people consider summer.
Festival of the Lion King was also slated to return in the summer, so let’s hope for the best.

I would imagine at the very least that the staffing and production teams are back at work.

Dave B

We are considering a quickly planned trip in June and the return of fireworks, plus the other things that may help signal, might push me over the edge.
I think you are out of luck, no hotels available and the only park open for reservations is Epcot and that is slim pickings in June as well, good luck, would love to hear back if you are able to find something

HairyChest

If Disney wanted to, what would be the earliest they can start fireworks?
Are there hurtles like firework supplies, staff, etc that prevent them from starting the fireworks in a week?

jrhwdw

If Disney wanted to, what would be the earliest they can start fireworks?
Are there hurtles like firework supplies, staff, etc that prevent them from starting the fireworks in a week?
Forgive me if I'm misreading but no one is saying Memoral weekend 2021.

HairyChest

No I wasnt thinking that just trying to see the practical process of restarting fireworks. For example, we are seeing daily testing of Harmonious but thats because its a brand new show. However, since HEA has been dormant for so long, will it need all the types of servicing and supplies a new show needs or can disney pretty much just start the fireworks right away if they wanted?

nickys

Premium Member
I think at one point that date was being batted around as a possibility. Whether there was any substance to it (as in one of the reliable sources) I can’t recall.

flynnibus

Premium Member
It depends on the restaurant but it’s mostly lunch and mostly in the parks. There are many factors contributing to why it is happening.

Like the idea that physical lines moderate demand... while online ordering allows unfettered demand to slam a location? :)

Disney needs to use load/time estimates into their ordering tool to combat that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom