News Magic Kingdom and Epcot Fireworks to Resume July 1st

Giss Neric

Yet, just yesterday evening I overheard three separate conversations in a matter of ~45 minutes where guests inquired with cast members, asking what time fireworks were supposed to go off.

I know you, I, and most others here know there aren’t fireworks. However, there are still guests that have/had no idea fireworks weren’t scheduled to occur.
It boggles me how some people just assumes things are the still the same they were when they last went pre-closures. You already saw that there is no parade and no formal meet and greets, yet you still expect fireworks. If they were first time or once in a blue moon visitors, the least they could do is research.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Yet, just yesterday evening I overheard three separate conversations in a matter of ~45 minutes where guests inquired with cast members, asking what time fireworks were supposed to go off.

I know you, I, and most others here know there aren’t fireworks. However, there are still guests that have/had no idea fireworks weren’t scheduled to occur.
The app doesn’t list them. The website doesn’t list them. If I was paying the asking price I’d check what I was paying for.

One thing 2020 taught us not to assume anything especially during the transition of a pandemic into an endemic.

jrhwdw

How sure are we that HEA will be back and not a non castle centric show like FITS or Wishes?

FITS is the usual NYE show so I could see that as an option that shouldn’t be tooo hard to do, but haven’t heard anything

Depends who you ask.
We know FITS is still in the system. they go that route every NYE. It might shock me if Wishes is still in the system, WDW hasn't bothered to bring that back( for a special event/night) since it's final night(May 11, 2017)

Big Question regarding FITS if that's the first choice, what would we be getting? Only 90's high pyro or the full upgraded show that started in 2007? Not talking NYE Tag here.

We already know what we would be getting if MK went with Wishes or just back to 2017 HEA, FITS might be tricky.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
We know FITS is still in the system. they go that route every NYE. It might shock me if Wishes is still in the system, WDW hasn't bothered to bring that back( for a special event/night) since it's final night(May 11, 2017)

Big Question regarding FITS if that's the first choice, what would we be getting? Only 90's high pyro or the full upgraded show that started in 2007? Not talking NYE Tag here.

We already know what we would be getting if MK went with Wishes or just back to 2017 HEA, FITS might be tricky.
The decision has been made.

jrhwdw

Could this be some sort of announcement date from dpb?
View attachment 557666
50th plans??? Insiders are not saying that MK Pyro/EF's announcement is imminent.

Why can't this be May 17th! My Birthday! LOL!!!!
They also ask where the Potter ride is too...
That's what 11 years old now?!?!?

Prob not now, but Pre COVID, did people ask about MSEP? That must have been an interesting answer since it left in Oct 2016.

TTA94

You would be surprised. Guests are inquiring daily what time the fireworks are.

Guests used to ask what time the nighttime parade is lol. I remember in 2019 waiting for HEA and the CM directing guests was telling everyone There is no parade tonight and saying there hasn’t been one for several years lol.

jrhwdw

From today’s blog event for FoTLK, at the bottom of the article it says:

Looking to the future, we hope to have even more good news about entertainment to share in the coming months. As always, stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog. Hakuna Matata!

Note: Coming Months, not weeks lol.
Hopefully it's really weeks! LOL! Unless TDO really has till Sep 21(End of Summer)to get things back and looking good for the 50th.

Let's remember, There's more Entertainment than just WDW to return:

DLRP needs to reopen

DLR needs their Entertainment and pyro that's not Mix Magic!

TDR needs Believe! and Dreamlights back

HKDL needs to actually start their 15th Entertainment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom