News Magic Kingdom and Epcot Fireworks to Resume July 1st

ToTBellHop

Isn't that another way of saying cost cutting? Not providing a service (e.g., closed a restaurant) because unwilling to pay prevailing wage to staff the restaurant?
Prevailing wages aren’t the issue right now. No one can get enough restaurant workers. The issue is systemic.

But, is it acceptable to pay $30 for a burger and fries?

CPers can’t arrive soon enough.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Prevailing wages aren’t the issue right now. No one can get enough restaurant workers. The issue is systemic.

But, is it acceptable to pay $30 for a burger and fries?

CPers can’t arrive soon enough.
are CPs not subject to the $14 corporate minimum wage?

TTA94

Who knows?????? But if TDO is really thinking of ending Masks in summer, that might be a Puzzle Piece in the right direction I guess.

Kinda thought the announcement of fireworks would have been better fit for a live broadcast or something rather than a blog post. 🤷‍♂️. I can see though where the ending of masks needed to happen first before a entertainment announcement.

nickys

Premium Member
Kinda thought the announcement of fireworks would have been better fit for a live broadcast or something rather than a blog post. 🤷‍♂️. I can see though where the ending of masks needed to happen first before a entertainment announcement.
Disney will have live announcements to the media when they consider it necessary, or important enough, just like they did for Avengers Campus.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
They weren’t paying Iger that much to do his job, they were paying Iger to not retire.

in any case, the solution is to pay everybody more. Which, if you haven’t noticed, Disney has been working on. By October employees will be paid a minimum of $15 an hour, up from $10 in Nov 2018. Is it enough? No. But it is a 50% increase, and we shouldn’t just gloss over that.

dreday3

Finally received two specific mentions of Happily Ever After and Epcot Forever returning this summer.

HarmoniUs 10/1/21

I'm looking forward to October watching Epcot Forever while my sister keeps asking "what are the barges for?", "when are the barges being used?" over and over during the show. Every night we watch. 😐

🤣

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom